Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9701 9702 [9703] 9704 9705 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14518430 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #145530 on: June 16, 2019, 08:52:55 am »

So I took the ASVAB in high school and scored in the 96th percentile, and I was worried about retaking it but I just did a sample test and other than the arithmetic portion, I obliterated it with ease.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #145531 on: June 16, 2019, 08:55:48 am »

Dude, with a 96 you can do whatever you want.

Dont settle for Monkey Man or Bosin's Mate or w.e.  Try to look at Officer or Comtech or  . . . nuke.

What branch?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145532 on: June 16, 2019, 09:04:31 am »

So I took the ASVAB in high school and scored in the 96th percentile, and I was worried about retaking it but I just did a sample test and other than the arithmetic portion, I obliterated it with ease.
Isn't your depression going to be an issue?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #145533 on: June 16, 2019, 09:13:00 am »

Either Navy or Air Force. Try to get something that can lead to a good job post service is the plan.

Isn't your depression going to be an issue?

Presumably they'll have qualms about it, yeah. I'll see what they say when the time comes. I'm not making assumptions about what's going to happen. I am going to try to get in though.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #145534 on: June 16, 2019, 09:18:27 am »

Depends on how bad it can get, what your job is, and how much it has affected your work previously.  Trust me, youre not alone in that department.

Air Force will be easier to adapt to, since most jobs you enlist for entail some deployment in the Navy.  Look around for what you want though, not what they need.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145535 on: June 17, 2019, 05:07:08 am »

Last night I dreamt there was a fuckhuge spider-thingy walking on a night lamp in my room. Which startled me so much I jumped out of the bed while still sleeping. Then I woke up standing in a lit room trying to figure out where the fuck I am and what part of the last few moments was a dream, and whether or not fuckhuge spider-thingies in my room are part of the reality. I ended up sleeping on the couch since my mind kept insisting that I can't be sure they aren't.
What the fuck, mind?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 05:15:19 am by Il Palazzo »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145536 on: June 17, 2019, 08:05:18 am »

Hence, why we evolved to not to remember our dreams when possible.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145537 on: June 17, 2019, 09:51:05 am »

except it's always the ones we'd want to forget that are the ones that stick with us

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145538 on: June 17, 2019, 11:19:31 am »

The house we've got an offer on is the product of a nonamicable divorce. What joy is ours.

At least they're considering giving us cash for the repairs we asked them to do. If they decide it's too expensive, we're walking.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145539 on: June 17, 2019, 01:39:15 pm »

Y'no wut i shouldn't post about this in detail its work related. Edited.

Some poor guy is getting scammed by another company who is blaming us and I couldn't help him and the level of effort it's taking for them not to help this guy is such that it is either deliberately malicious on their end or there is some insane shit going on behind the scenes with this guy that I can't see.

I shouldn't conclude that it's malicious but damn if it doesn't seem that way.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 01:49:06 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145540 on: June 17, 2019, 03:56:17 pm »

Some poor guy is getting scammed by another company who is blaming us and I couldn't help him and the level of effort it's taking for them not to help this guy is such that it is either deliberately malicious on their end or there is some insane shit going on behind the scenes with this guy that I can't see.

Depends on where you and management are geographically. Liability law is stupid, and so are management. It's entirely possible they refuse to help people because someone thinks there's a chance something bad could happen if the customer still isn't happy after they are helped. Because negative PR (and time wasted) not doing something don't exist to them.

Apathy can be worse than malice.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145541 on: June 17, 2019, 05:25:43 pm »

Depends on where you and management are geographically. Liability law is stupid, and so are management. It's entirely possible they refuse to help people because someone thinks there's a chance something bad could happen if the customer still isn't happy after they are helped. Because negative PR (and time wasted) not doing something don't exist to them.

Apathy can be worse than malice.

They are outright blaming us, though, saying that we are withholding information that they need to help the guy. I understand if they have a reason not to do what he wants, we deal with legitimate cases of that all the time. But for some reason they're telling him that we're deliberately stopping them from helping him.

They need to take responsibility for their own policies.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #145542 on: June 17, 2019, 05:38:50 pm »

Girl messages me.
I am polite.
Girl keeps messaging me.
I am grimly polite.
Girl gets drunk in nightclub and accidentally sends a voice chat in which she discusses sending me pictures of her tits.
I am.... actually, not sure how I'm responding to that one. Not positively anyway.
God gives bread to the toothless
Due to his academic standing, I'm inclined to agree with the good doctor.

Due to my not liking being involved in situations where consent is dubious at best, how about "wow what the fuck is wrong with y'all"

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145543 on: June 17, 2019, 05:40:58 pm »

Girl messages me.
I am polite.
Girl keeps messaging me.
I am grimly polite.
Girl gets drunk in nightclub and accidentally sends a voice chat in which she discusses sending me pictures of her tits.
I am.... actually, not sure how I'm responding to that one. Not positively anyway.
God gives bread to the toothless
Due to his academic standing, I'm inclined to agree with the good doctor.

Due to my not liking being involved in situations where consent is dubious at best, how about "wow what the fuck is wrong with y'all"

How detailed was this voice mail? "Accidentally" comes to mind. Been there.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145544 on: June 17, 2019, 06:27:06 pm »

"Chicka, He's just not into you."  is what comes to my mind.

It's the natural cognate of the much more widely known

"Dude, She's just not into you."

Strangely, many attractive girls seem incapable of grasping the concept, or at least, that seems to be my observation.
Pages: 1 ... 9701 9702 [9703] 9704 9705 ... 11037