Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9699 9700 [9701] 9702 9703 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14519051 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #145500 on: June 14, 2019, 04:39:48 pm »

Accidentally dropped my vest, which I had hung up to use the bathroom. Inside the pocket I had my price gun and a full bottle of liquid bandage. The latter shattered inside the pocket.

Unrelated, my stepdad just informed me that they intend to give me ownership of the new house should they die. That was... largely unexpected.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145501 on: June 14, 2019, 04:48:57 pm »

Then the rent he's asking is basically a payment for the place? I still find 600$ mind boggling and probably hung-inducing if I had to come up with that every month
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145502 on: June 14, 2019, 05:31:54 pm »

In my area it's about 800$ for a mid-range-quality single-bedroom place that isn't in a dangerous area. 1000$ for a two-bedroom.

I also find it mind-boggling, though I CAN barely keep up with rent.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #145503 on: June 14, 2019, 05:32:59 pm »

I guess it depends where you live.

Paying $500 and a bit for a two-bedroom apartment in a small town, from which I won’t receive my security deposit back because cars are destructive little creatures.

I think I was paying £525 six years ago to live in the middle of a major city, in a tiny apartment barely big enough for two people.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145504 on: June 14, 2019, 05:40:15 pm »

My old studio apartment was $600/mo which according to some website is far below average nationally.  Sure it was in a nail down anything you want a chance of keeping neighborhood right off of main street with one of the biggest bars in the city directly behind the building. 

But it's also Daytona frikking Beach, literally a quarter mile from said beach. Close enough to the destinations that every big event my road was closed to allow local traffic only.  Nascar mecca and spring break destination.  You'd think a big tourist destination like this would charge more for residency.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 05:42:35 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145505 on: June 14, 2019, 06:36:44 pm »

I think living in such place is not so desirable for most people.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145506 on: June 14, 2019, 09:44:25 pm »

I think living in such place is not so desirable for most people.

This. Attractive to tourists is a very different thing from attractive to residents.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145507 on: June 14, 2019, 10:54:24 pm »

Air BNB that bitch then.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145508 on: June 14, 2019, 11:21:06 pm »

I'm paying $894 a month for 18m2, but that includes stuff like electricity and internet.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #145509 on: June 15, 2019, 02:35:50 am »

Heh the uni town I was in was also a big tourist hotspot. This led to kinda reasonable rates but with the issue that you couldn't rent for the whole year since the landlords had to get that sweet summer tourist cash (it was especially bad during the Ultra Europe days where they'd jack up the prices to retarded levels just to milk all the party kids coming into town). While this wasn't an issue for most students since uni was on break during the summer anyways, the issue is if you're looking for something permanent (like my friend recently was since he was starting work there) where it'll either be expensive, shit or you'll have to look for a new place every year. In some cases all three even :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #145510 on: June 15, 2019, 02:47:58 am »

So I'm applying for a job with the civil service at Executive Officer level
Hello, this is just a friendly reminder that, since this was my suggestion to begin with, if you do get a job within the civil service I'm entitled to 10% of your gross income
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #145511 on: June 15, 2019, 03:02:50 am »

I can do like 5 percent if you throw in a plush toy.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145512 on: June 15, 2019, 05:29:20 am »

Some enterprising nurse has added charting for a midnight bath (Yes, AT MIDNIGHT, 0000 hours) for one of our bipolar, crazy, loonietoons residents.

For reasons that escape all logic, reason, or sensibility.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #145513 on: June 15, 2019, 05:41:42 am »

Im imagining an airhorn, flashing lights, ice water, and towels in faces.  And of course  three pairs of balls :p

'therapy'.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145514 on: June 15, 2019, 06:04:31 am »

I've got a buddy who worked in a psyche ward for deaf people, and one of the main patients he was supposed to keep an eye on was, well, teensy bit schizophrenic... He'd gotten up in the middle of the night, snuck up on the guy sitting watch, tapped him on the shoulder, and (after the poor dude recovered from being sneak a-tapped by the occasionally violently schizophrenic patient) signed to the guard "Could you please tell the police to stop shining their flashlights in my eyes when I'm trying to sleep, thank you".

Fun times.
Pages: 1 ... 9699 9700 [9701] 9702 9703 ... 11037