Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9698 9699 [9700] 9701 9702 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14519425 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #145485 on: June 13, 2019, 02:33:54 pm »

But, dude, think of all the karma you could rake in on AskReddit!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #145486 on: June 13, 2019, 06:49:38 pm »

Do you see the Shrub growing out of the old red Ford?  The lack of driveways and the relatively poorly maintained copypasted houses, the dead and dying grass growing in patches by the road?
A house around the corner has a "Taqueria Durango" food truck for sale and a mini bus. :P

(Also looks like Google blurred the "For Sale" signs instead of the license plate.)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 06:52:10 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #145487 on: June 13, 2019, 06:52:39 pm »

holy crap I can see my car at work!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145488 on: June 13, 2019, 07:36:22 pm »

Thats a pretty cohesive dream tho.
What do you mean?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145489 on: June 13, 2019, 08:08:06 pm »

It doesn't just randomly veer off into unrelated nonsense like most dreams do

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #145490 on: June 13, 2019, 08:13:14 pm »

^^^basically that^^^
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145491 on: June 13, 2019, 08:47:05 pm »

My dreams almost never do that, granted I seldom dream, or remember them. Generally are like a movie, sometimes with twists and all. Most of them are also fucking terrifying. Usually I'm like a cameramen or a ghost seeing it all, others I'm rigth inside the darn things.

Some are recurrent, others are random shit I don't know where the heck come from and never dream them again, like the one yesternigth.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145492 on: June 14, 2019, 12:59:43 pm »

How do you renovate a '60s house in... 2015-ish and not put GFCI outlets in the kitchen?

... in the bathroom?

... outside?

... anywhere on the property?

How do you renovate a '60s house in 2015 and not screw the fucking tub drain into the drain pipe, letting it leak into the crawlspace?

How do you renovate a house in general and somehow leave plugs/switches not connected to anything?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #145493 on: June 14, 2019, 01:04:33 pm »

I know somebody who's house was partially wired with lamp extension cords instead of Romex when he bought it. Never underestimate the power of half-assing.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #145494 on: June 14, 2019, 02:12:28 pm »

I'm terrible at maths. I'm not stupid, I just haven't done it since GCSE level (15/16 yrs old), and even then I wasn't particularly good at it. Philosophy and history were more my style.
So I'm applying for a job with the civil service at Executive Officer level and there's a Numerical Reasoning test. This is the first real maths I've touched since GCSEs, so I decide to grit my teeth and get on with it. True to my expectations it hurts my head, but I manage to answer everything.

I did better than 79% of people who had taken the test. This is a blanket test used for all Executive level applications. And I, somehow, did better than 79% of them.

I'm scared. The world is crazy.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145495 on: June 14, 2019, 02:13:44 pm »

Recently the results to apply to college came out. Here in Brazil, we basically ignore your whole life in school, and just throw a big test at you, your results in this test will say if you get in or not in a college. Basically all of High School here is training for the big exam. So I did the exam, apllied for a Computer Science college and waited for the results. 25 people were called, And I wasn't called, sad but ok that's life. Out of curiosity I compared the results of the last placed with mine and turns out I got left out because of mere 2,73 points (The exam vary from 0 - 1000 points). Now ain't that great?
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #145496 on: June 14, 2019, 02:44:47 pm »

I'm terrible at maths. I'm not stupid, I just haven't done it since GCSE level (15/16 yrs old), and even then I wasn't particularly good at it. Philosophy and history were more my style.
So I'm applying for a job with the civil service at Executive Officer level and there's a Numerical Reasoning test. This is the first real maths I've touched since GCSEs, so I decide to grit my teeth and get on with it. True to my expectations it hurts my head, but I manage to answer everything.

I did better than 79% of people who had taken the test. This is a blanket test used for all Executive level applications. And I, somehow, did better than 79% of them.

I'm scared. The world is crazy.

Maths is unfortunately where they try to get logic involved. The whole “you have 12 apples, your friend 7 apples. How many apples do you need to give your friend so they have the same number of apples as you?” nonsense, which doesn’t really work when you can say “I can eat five apples” and it be a correct response, you’re just doing the wrong maths.

People don’t seem to be good at logic.

What are you applying to do, if you don’t mind me asking?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145497 on: June 14, 2019, 03:42:02 pm »

A 12 month research position to do with science. Fits my schedule well because I have nothing to do for the next year and then hopefully back to academia.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145498 on: June 14, 2019, 04:06:36 pm »

A 12 month research position to do with science. Fits my schedule well because I have nothing to do for the next year and then hopefully back to academia.

Which area of science, may I ask?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145499 on: June 14, 2019, 04:15:26 pm »

Pretty open ended. Just says I'd be helping to advise the PM and Cabinet on science issues.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 9698 9699 [9700] 9701 9702 ... 11037