Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9691 9692 [9693] 9694 9695 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14520521 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #145380 on: June 09, 2019, 03:30:24 pm »

So they can make that, but they can't make a makeup room that provides mirrors, sinks and counter space in order to reduce the insane lines for the women's bathroom?

That's just a bit silly, if you ask me.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145381 on: June 09, 2019, 04:09:59 pm »

They also can't lower the stall walls so that people can't see you when you use them..... or have the bathrooms kept clean

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #145382 on: June 09, 2019, 08:10:25 pm »

I’m watching the Bethesda E3 show and  blatant fake enthusiasm from the front row full of shills is a combination of off putting and hilarious
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145383 on: June 09, 2019, 10:35:32 pm »

"Gamers rise up" - Microsoft trying to use a meme they really, really shouldn't be associating with
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145384 on: June 10, 2019, 04:48:26 am »

I’m watching the Bethesda E3 show and  blatant fake enthusiasm from the front row full of shills is a combination of off putting and hilarious

I like how in that "we are all bethesda" thing they put all the 'minorities' (female or black) in the front, but 99% of the rest is white and male. Yeah, I get why they'd do that as a diversity nod ... except, it does come across as fake diversity. That's nowhere near proportional no matter how close to the camera you place the black people.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 04:51:31 am by Reelya »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145385 on: June 10, 2019, 04:53:11 am »

I like how in that "we are all bethesda" thing they put all the 'minorities' (female or black) in the front, but 99% of the rest is white and male. Yeah, I get why they'd do that as a diversity nod ... except, it does come across as fake diversity. That's nowhere near proportional no matter how close to the camera you place the black people.

Khajiit has diversity, if you have coin...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145386 on: June 10, 2019, 05:04:42 am »

Pfft diversity, I'll say tamriel has diversity when I can play as a senche-raht in a dovakin hat mauling nazeem for spouting nonsense about the cloud district for the 10th time.

Dammit Nazeem shut up about the cloud district, there's literally only 3 things I do in this town, go to the blacksmith, go to the werewolf house, and go to the goddamn cloud district to pick up my personal bodyguard. And every goddamn time you give me your cloud district line.  I bet you wish YOU had a personal bodyguard right now maybe they could stop you from running into my sword over and over!
Oh no worries guards, Khajiit is innocent of this crime!   Er I mean I'm thane!  Thane here, I have immunity!

« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 05:09:51 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145387 on: June 10, 2019, 05:47:11 am »

I'm watching Terry Crews play Dungeons and Dragons, with Matt Mercer DMing.   

Edit: oh gosh, and apparently there's going to be PvP, with another party after the same objective? Dang, this is exciting stuff.   
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 07:44:37 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #145388 on: June 10, 2019, 08:02:05 am »

I'm watching Terry Crews play Dungeons and Dragons, with Matt Mercer DMing.   

Edit: oh gosh, and apparently there's going to be PvP, with another party after the same objective? Dang, this is exciting stuff.   

I saw that some weeks ago, it was pretty good!

Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145389 on: June 10, 2019, 08:45:18 am »

I just realised that my day off last weekend was actually NOT a day off.

It also appears as if absolutely nobody realised I wasn't there.

The hell?

Congratulations. I recommend showing up 2 hours/day from now on, but not at the same time every day. Carry something work-related with you to appear busy.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145390 on: June 10, 2019, 10:58:25 am »

Salad frosting is an actual product (being repackaged ranch dressing), promoted with the hashtag #LieLikeAParent and the rationale that "kids will eat anything with frosting, right?"

"Your children are gullible morons" seems like the kind of pitch likely to land the parents in a free-range unsupervised retirement home, but whatever.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145391 on: June 10, 2019, 11:16:11 am »

You're giving your kids Kraft Ranch. It's probably so packed with sugar and weird shit that you may be better off with a homemade buttercream frosting instead of ranch frosting on your salad.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #145392 on: June 10, 2019, 11:49:48 am »

There was a controversy some time back, about trans-women being better at sports than cis-women, because of their testosterone level.
Why don't they just group the sports by testosterone level then, instead of by gender?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145393 on: June 10, 2019, 11:57:33 am »

There was a controversy some time back, about trans-women being better at sports than cis-women, because of their testosterone level.
Why don't they just group the sports by testosterone level then, instead of by gender?

Or just have everyone compete together?

Although I'm not sure my opinion on that is going to get much credence when I also suggest making doping forbidden, but any other weird improvements allowed as long as it is part of you. New cyborg legs? Cool, let me get in on that.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145394 on: June 10, 2019, 12:49:17 pm »

Or just have everyone compete together?

Although I'm not sure my opinion on that is going to get much credence when I also suggest making doping forbidden, but any other weird improvements allowed as long as it is part of you. New cyborg legs? Cool, let me get in on that.

The short answer is "because people want sports to follow a narrative." They want the winners to have "wanted it more" so it's inspirational and they can slap their likeness on breakfast cereals and athletic shoe commercials with vomitous cliches about leadership and discipline and the usual bullshit.
Pages: 1 ... 9691 9692 [9693] 9694 9695 ... 11037