Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9688 9689 [9690] 9691 9692 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14520782 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #145335 on: June 03, 2019, 04:08:18 am »

Scribblenauts' "create anything" works by categorizing many aliases for the same item so that they don't have to code in literally everything. In this case, 'rafflesia' was an alias for 'flower'. A flower that smells like a dead horse, but a flower nonetheless, so the game deemed it a suitable gift for a date.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145336 on: June 03, 2019, 04:09:04 am »

I saw on a video about Scribblenauts and there was a quest about a orphan wanting something, and the guy gave the orphan a Dead Parent and that completed the quest.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145337 on: June 03, 2019, 04:48:56 am »

I saw on a video about Scribblenauts and there was a quest about a orphan wanting something, and the guy gave the orphan a Dead Parent and that completed the quest.
How you know he doesn't want to become batman?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145338 on: June 03, 2019, 05:13:26 am »

In a similar vein I saw a video where someone had to destroy a building replace the building and then advertise the new building.

The new building they made?  A Cemetery, what they used to advertise it?  A gun.    Great success.

Scribblenauts was ruined for me ever since.

How you know he doesn't want to become batman?
Obviously the proper answer would be to give the orphan batman so he could become robin.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145339 on: June 03, 2019, 05:25:03 am »

In the restaurant level, you need to put something on the sign to advertise what they sell.

I put "Dead cow".

The game took it.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145340 on: June 03, 2019, 06:13:45 am »

In a similar vein I saw a video where someone had to destroy a building replace the building and then advertise the new building.

The new building they made?  A Cemetery, what they used to advertise it?  A gun.    Great success.

Scribblenauts was ruined for me ever since.

RTGame? Pretty sure he did that and then when the wacky waving inflatable tube men popped up in front of the cemetery as part of the quest completing he started breaking down a bit in laughter.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145341 on: June 03, 2019, 07:11:26 am »

I was gonna say, I'm pretty sure both of those examples were from RTGame

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145342 on: June 03, 2019, 07:38:37 am »

The dead parent is ringing a bell now. Didn't he also feed people in the restaurant other people?

I need to go watch those again, Scribblenauts is a well of unintentional hilarity.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145343 on: June 03, 2019, 07:58:16 am »

Yeah the dead parent was from RTGame, and I'm pretty sure that he also feed people to people in the restaurant as well.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145344 on: June 05, 2019, 12:44:34 am »

It occurs to me that this healing process may be actually affecting my sleep, oddly enough: one of my favourite sleeping positions is to curl to the side on my belly, preferably on my right side (possibly because that's my good ear and I want less noise to disturb me?) - the side which is busy healing. >.>   

In the restaurant level, you need to put something on the sign to advertise what they sell.

I put "Dead cow".

The game took it.
Edit: oooops, just realised I forgot to actually include my response to that quote!
A lot of restaurants still sell that kind of thing, after all.   
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 12:59:38 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145345 on: June 05, 2019, 08:14:53 pm »

Started having difficulty breathing earlier today. Minutes before that I suddenly felt overheated and sweating heavily, though that on its own wasn't cause for concern as me work area tends to get like that. It came and went throughout the day, though never as bad as when it first hit.

Last week my mom went to the hospital for similar symptoms, they thought she had COPD(aka smoker's lung) or a heart attack. The former diagnosis can be ruled out by the sudden onset of symptoms with two people(plus I don't smoke), the latter can be ruled out by the fact that we're not dead. I'm guessing an environmental issue, something in the house. Mold perhaps, but that doesn't explain why her piece of shit husband isn't affected.

On the plus side, she immediately quit smoking when this happened, and I haven't seen her have a cigarette since.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #145346 on: June 06, 2019, 12:30:52 am »

Yeah, an almost-first-hand reminder that tobacco smoke is a lethal poison that causes a slow and painful death tends to do wonders in convincing someone to quit. I remember hearing someone quitting smoking on the spot when looking at the plastinated smoker's lung in the Body Worlds exhibition when it visited Finland:
Spoiler: Possibly disturbing (click to show/hide)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145347 on: June 06, 2019, 01:07:22 am »

Mold perhaps, but that doesn't explain why her piece of shit husband isn't affected.

If it’s mold, then the husband might just have a natural resistance to that particular species. Our immune systems are incredibly varied.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145348 on: June 06, 2019, 02:29:17 am »

Also a reminder that non-fatal heart attacks are a thing.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145349 on: June 06, 2019, 02:47:12 am »

Could also be carbon monoxide poisoning.  Just sayin.

Did she recently turn the heater on?
Pages: 1 ... 9688 9689 [9690] 9691 9692 ... 11037