Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9672 9673 [9674] 9675 9676 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14525554 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #145095 on: May 17, 2019, 04:17:17 pm »

Also as I type this I'm currently receiving IV medication that is making me extremely loopy and lightheaded and I hate it

Yeah, if you try to control it, (as with most drugs, legal or otherwise) it will really mess with your headspace. You just have to let it relax you. I'm assuming that medical stuff means it is short term.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145096 on: May 17, 2019, 04:40:36 pm »

heheh
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Link?
Fine
It's very noticeably R-rated, be warned.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #145097 on: May 17, 2019, 04:52:32 pm »

Look, You shouldn't be afraid of your own kink

I've got kinks that I'm deeply ashamed and disgusted by, but that's an entirely different matter.

Magical talking bear prostitutes?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145099 on: May 17, 2019, 06:04:41 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 11:38:10 am by dragdeler »
let

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #145100 on: May 17, 2019, 06:11:27 pm »

Working with excel for a GURPS, and I notice after several hours of work that I used ^1/4 instead of ^(1/4) when calculating a fourth root. Screwed up a lot, and I have to redo almost everything.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #145101 on: May 17, 2019, 06:24:59 pm »

Damn, can't ya find&replace the stuff? Excel can even look by regex, right?
In a time before time, I had a name.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #145102 on: May 17, 2019, 06:32:44 pm »

I can do that, but there's a ton of derived stuff I had to do manually with die rolls - all of which now needs to be redone.

I'm generating star systems with GURPS space for a Star Trek game, and Step 25 out of 32 (after which you start generating the lifeforms and societies if a planet has them) is determining the blackbody temperature of each planet. I'd gotten to 32 on one system (11 planets) and 32 on a second (10 planets, 42 moons) before realizing that the figures couldn't be right.

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #145103 on: May 17, 2019, 09:36:15 pm »

Oglaf is funny sometimes but sometimes the jokes are less "subverting fantasy tropes by making high fantasy interact with the fact that real people want to have sex and sometimes have bizarre fetishes"

and more "haha they didn't do what you expected, they had sex instead"
Yea some of its kind of silly.

Some of its okay. Like this

https://www.oglaf.com/moment/2/
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145104 on: May 17, 2019, 09:59:56 pm »

After getting everybody all panicked, and getting the entire place overhauled and people working multiple overnight shifts (I don't think they were paid for it either) the day the president of the company was supposed to arrive came.

He skipped the entire district and supposedly went to miami instead.  On one hand happy we didn't have to deal with that shit.  On another, wtf he had the entire district working overtime and 60 hour weeks to NOT EVEN SHOW UP?  Asshole.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145105 on: May 17, 2019, 10:36:08 pm »

Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #145106 on: May 18, 2019, 01:41:58 am »

What I like about Oglaf is that most comics feel like they should have a moral... but its not clear what it is.  Its like watching a morality play from an alien world.  What I don't like about Oglaf is the starting arc
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #145107 on: May 18, 2019, 08:13:17 am »

Some of its okay. Like this

https://www.oglaf.com/moment/2/

Next one

https://www.oglaf.com/deadfall/

seems even better.

Eats berries. POISON! Dies. Decays. Berry seeds sprouts from carcass nutrition. Tada! Secret trap all along.
Love, scriver~

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145108 on: May 18, 2019, 08:39:18 am »

What I like about Oglaf is that most comics feel like they should have a moral... but its not clear what it is.  Its like watching a morality play from an alien world.

“Seriously, try the sponge cake. It’s nothing to be ashamed of.”

In response to tinytext- yeah, sort of agree. I liked it when I read it, but I prefer it now.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145109 on: May 18, 2019, 11:20:10 am »

So a while back I caught feelings for someone I shouldn't have caught feelings for, and a whole bunch of complications ensued. Once the dust had more or less settled, I set a date for talking things over and clearing the air a bit, in the hopes that we could at some point go back to being friends. That date was tomorrow.

The date approaches, and I hear that she's had to cancel out of another agreement with some mutual friends because the manager at the bar she works at was just recently caught stealing and there was now a work and organization vacuum.

I send a message saying "Hey, I heard that things are pretty crazy right now (the bar is one thing, but she's simultaneously preparing to defend her thesis and also get things ready for her parents and young nephew to come visit her for her graduation, things which I knew about and had touched upon with her), are you still going to have time tomorrow or should we try to reschedule?"

I get a reply of "Hey! Yeah, things are crazy, haha... I'd still love to have that chat with you though if you've got the time"

Me: "Sure, I'm free all day tomorrow, just let me know approximately what time you're going to come around so I can get my things in order"

*no reply for 6 hours*

Her, at 5 PM: "Hey yeah, I'm afraid we gotta reschedule... Seems like I'm working every day now and I still have to prepare for defending my thesis and also getting things ready for my parents to come out and visit"

Now, I'd like to think that I'm within rights to be a bit peeved by this, because I certainly was a bit peeved. I was so peeved that I was deeply tempted to snark. But I fought the impulse, because snarking would not be the right and constructive thing to do.

Instead I fought the impulse.  ...for about an hour, give or take.

Me: "That's more or less what I'd expected, which is why I asked.

Let me know when you get things figured out."

I was a bit conflicted by my snarkiness, but my conflict was unfounded because she apparently was completely oblivious to the snark. "Thank you for understanding!! <3"
Pages: 1 ... 9672 9673 [9674] 9675 9676 ... 11037