Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9659 9660 [9661] 9662 9663 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14528591 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #144900 on: May 09, 2019, 02:59:31 pm »

https://www.wsbtv.com/amp/news/2-investigates/2-deaths-dozens-of-prostitutes-and-neighbors-living-in-fear-when-will-it-end-/947280323

Members of a DeKalb County community told Channel 2 Action News they are watching prostitutes work, solicit around children and even get killed.

Honestly, the audacity of some people... Getting themselves killed, in our good neighborhood!

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144901 on: May 09, 2019, 04:07:34 pm »

All you people and your coffee.  You know how to make your coffee great?

Step 1)  Obtain coffee grounds and coffeemaker.
Step 2) Throw that shit in the trash.
Step 3) Obtain Dr pepper in bulk.  If on a budget Dr Thunder, Dr Topper, or Mr Pibb is an acceptable temporary solution.  Stay away from that diet shit though.
Step 4) Drink that stuff like it's water.
Step 5) Revel in the joys of wonderful and glorious liquid candy.

Step 6)  Have all your teeth fall out by the age of 30?  :D
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144902 on: May 09, 2019, 04:08:37 pm »

Step 6 is using your newfound stock of sodapop to start a paint-striping and redetailing business.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144903 on: May 09, 2019, 04:09:24 pm »

Step 6 is using your newfound stock of sodapop to start a paint-striping and redetailing business.
Also useful as a pesticide for spraying on crops in developing countries!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #144904 on: May 09, 2019, 04:18:39 pm »

https://talktotransformer.com/

Neural networks are both scary and hilarious. Apparently there's a more powerful version of this that can create entire articles from scratch. Who needs writers when the robots can do it for you.

Putting in outlandish news headlines tends to get the best results
In stunning news, Donald Trump declared anime illegal!
Sell or rent or use anime in commerce and entertainment is not legal in USA. We love anime but there's anime everywhere in America!!! Will this end soon? — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 17, 2016

Trump's tweet comes after anime distributor Aniplex announced two months ago that it was seeking the president's consent before releasing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Trump responded on Twitter in May: "If Nintendo were selling tickets to our upcoming "Pokemon" convention I could support their right to do so."

The Pokémon industry, however, says the industry is far less tolerant of anime than Trump.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 04:38:16 pm by TamerVirus »
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144905 on: May 09, 2019, 04:31:31 pm »

https://talktotransformer.com/

Neural networks are both scary and hilarious. Apparently there's a more powerful version of this that can create entire articles from scratch. Who needs writers when the robots can do it for you.

Kinda weird.  I just typed in "I wish I could be a " and got this weird semi-literate rant?:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit:  Oh wow, its actually pretty smart sometimes.  I wrote

Optimus Prime walked up to Prowl to talk to him about the Dinobots.

and it actually ended up involving Megatron as well.

Optimus Prime walked up to Prowl to talk to him about the Dinobots. Prowl was disappointed that he never asked and wanted to get back to his ship. Optimus wished a Happy Birthday to his old friend, but when his old friend died he returned to his ship and was shocked for how he looked when he was young. Despite how Prowl looked, Optimus Prime was actually quite proud of him as he didn't know how big it really was, and Prowl had to ask the Prime himself to stop. His mother made him believe that Optimus Prime and his older sister were born and raised in a human world, as opposed to a synthetic one like humans themselves, though this was before the "Neutron Wars".

As Megatron and his crew were preparing to return Home and Earth from Cybertron, Prowl confronted Megatron about his plans to wipe the planet clean of Autobots. In the words of Prowl's mother, if Prowl's father knew what their

Also, the worst superhero comic plot ever:

« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 04:38:27 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144906 on: May 09, 2019, 04:32:59 pm »

This is pretty hilarious. Bolded text is prompt.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times," says Rizzo, who now manages a company that makes medical devices that are used as laser weapons.

Some of the most famous work on issues of gender and identity in the field of science fiction is by Ursula K. Le Guin, author of the Nebula Award winning The Martian, in particular the collection of her two books The Left Hand of Darkness, which has sold 20 million books and has won two Hugo awards. The other major figure on this list, the late William Gibson, is also an artist and writer of science fiction based in the '80s, with his cyberpunk novels The Matrix and Neuromancer .
It should be noted here that despite much effort in their careers to be seen as a feminist, the authors of many major science fiction novels and video games have in fact rejected the idea of gender as binary. For example, author Ian Fleming has suggested in the recent The Astonishing, a long series of his books published under the pseudonym James Bond, that women could not be trusted with the power of the nuclear weapon.
One wheel short of a wagon

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #144907 on: May 09, 2019, 05:33:11 pm »

Impressive. I typed in some sad song lyrics, but it turned them around into a heartwarming thought instead:

Edit: and apparently my contribution to that coffee conversation is the start of a Trump speech:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 05:42:03 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #144908 on: May 09, 2019, 05:43:33 pm »

https://www.wsbtv.com/amp/news/2-investigates/2-deaths-dozens-of-prostitutes-and-neighbors-living-in-fear-when-will-it-end-/947280323

Members of a DeKalb County community told Channel 2 Action News they are watching prostitutes work, solicit around children and even get killed.

Honestly, the audacity of some people... Getting themselves killed, in our good neighborhood!
Quote from: that article
With that sort of violence and all the solicitation happening in their backyards, neighbors said they fear for their safety, but they've struggled to get action.
I can't tell if someone didn't think that one through, or they did and it's just a joke in pretty poor taste.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 05:52:51 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144909 on: May 09, 2019, 05:50:49 pm »

Quote from: that article
With that sort of violence and all the solicitation happening in their backyards, neighbors said they fear for their safety, but they've struggled to get action.
I can't tell if someone didn't think that one through, and they did and it's just a joke in pretty poor taste.

Considering the story was circulated with a tweet summarizing with the very humane "Two prostitutes have been murdered in the same community -- and neighbors are fed up. They say the prostitution still runs rampant and despite years of complaints, nothing's been done.", I'm guessing it just wasn't really thought through all that well... The whole thing seems a touch disconnected.

Still funny though.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #144910 on: May 09, 2019, 05:51:34 pm »

I put in "Let n such that":

With "There exists":
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 06:07:44 pm by methylatedspirit »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144911 on: May 09, 2019, 07:06:38 pm »

Smile, you're on camera.

In March, the city will announce the hiring process for its first police officers. The hiring process was announced two weeks ago, but it's still unclear when those first officers will be hired — or when the city will offer training in how to serve the public.

The city has said it will start offering its first recruits at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 16. In March, the mayor's office released a statement saying that the city will begin offering its first recruits Thursday before the opening night of Halloween.

But as of late Sunday evening, it still seemed as though things were falling apart for people trying to sign up for the training. It was already nearly 10 a.m. before people were showing up to the Training Center in Redford.

Many of the people who received training did so out of their own desire — not because they were trying to join the police. Many didn't even

Hmm. It didn't really do anything to do with the prompt.

why are you like this? Are you going to be good?' "

But if his girlfriend had never been exposed to that, why did the father of the boy in the video feel compelled to speak out? Had his actions not been motivated by his disgust? Or was it his fear, a fear that his father may not hear?

"I think for me, I'm still angry with him," Mireles said. "Even though I'm sorry and I really regret what he said.

"I believe if people knew what he was up to they would be more understanding."

More than two weeks later, at another church service this past March, Mireles says the anger has faded.

"I'm still upset and in the face of him saying the wrong thing to my girlfriend," Mireles said in a brief phone interview. "I still have a problem with it, yes, but there's been no change to how I feel about him. I wouldn't put it past him."

It's possible that he

Who do you think we are? The people who will elect the President of the United States? You don't say it! And yet here we are! The President is not even supposed to know what is happening! You think the President is still a puppet with no true interests other than for the purposes of creating his own political image? Or have we forgotten the great powers of our planet? Has our nation become so politically powerless that when it comes to governing our planet, we merely sit down and have a little chess match? We need a new President! We need to nominate a President who truly appreciates the importance of our planet as a living, breathing, breathing planet! And then, once elected, I mean President, she must act! We also need a PRESIDENT who understands the true issues of our time! Who knows that our planet has been dying for almost 2,500 years? Yet, we are living in times of environmental degradation! We have been running out of land
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 07:13:48 pm by Egan_BW »

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #144912 on: May 09, 2019, 08:25:09 pm »

Smile, you're on camera.
Hmm. It didn't really do anything to do with the prompt.
It seems to have worked perfectly, it has probably sampled from those endless articles about the adoption of body cams by police departments all over, and the subsequent articles about how they were to go through training after "forgetting" to turn it on occasionally.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144913 on: May 09, 2019, 09:04:03 pm »

Speaking of coffee, I overheard some old bag trash-talking the stuff whilst in line for the coffee machines at the bingo hall yesterday.
Apparently she was getting a hot chocolate. I wanted to smack a bitch.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #144914 on: May 09, 2019, 09:43:06 pm »

Might I inquire why you were patronizing the bingo hall, sir?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 9659 9660 [9661] 9662 9663 ... 11037