Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9643 9644 [9645] 9646 9647 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14543719 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #144660 on: April 30, 2019, 02:13:09 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 11:39:07 am by dragdeler »
let

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #144661 on: April 30, 2019, 03:12:07 pm »

Hm.

Not sure how the conversation segued from national protests to the philosophy of horn playing; I guess I like it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #144662 on: April 30, 2019, 03:27:31 pm »

That discussion moved to the Latin American politics thread. There is no thread for the horn. The horn is all.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #144663 on: April 30, 2019, 07:52:25 pm »

... asura's wrath goes hella' fever dream/hallucinogen overdose partway through, huh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144664 on: April 30, 2019, 08:36:07 pm »

Does it? The only part I remember being particularly fever dream-y was one of the animated "half" episodes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #144665 on: April 30, 2019, 08:57:52 pm »

That would be the one I'm talking about, yes. Least in the playthrough I'm watching it's about the half way point.
Ask not!
Ask!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144666 on: April 30, 2019, 09:32:38 pm »

Yeah, that was an odd case. A DLC episode, entirely animated, making the game even more of an anime than it already was.

There's only one other episode like that, and it is considerably less fever dream.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #144667 on: April 30, 2019, 09:42:51 pm »

I'm not even sure if anime's quite right. Everything I've seen so far has been xanxia as hell, heh. Or adjacent to it. There's anime in that direction but it's more a written thing, near as I've noticed.
Ask not!
Ask!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #144668 on: May 01, 2019, 01:47:44 am »

I finally watched Silence of the Lambs yesterday and the whole time I felt a little betrayed: people always quote Hannibal Lecter as saying "It puts the lotion on its skin," when it was actually Buffalo Bill who sounds nothing like Hannibal. It's not exactly an un-memorable scene, or else it wouldn't be quoteable in the first place.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144669 on: May 01, 2019, 01:49:44 am »

No, Hannibal is quoted as saying

"I ate his liver, with some fava beans, and a nice Chianti. (sucking yummy noises)"

The lotion quote is from Buffalo bill, who wants to be a woman, but only sometimes, and wants an authentic woman suit made of real woman.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144670 on: May 01, 2019, 02:11:42 am »

Yeah, if you've got people attributing the lotion quote to Dr. Lecter, you're around the wrong people.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144671 on: May 01, 2019, 05:02:32 am »

Double-posting, but uh...

So, I've been picked as a renter. The one landlord was freaking impossible to get in touch with, then hemming and hawing through the final stages, and finally called off a second viewing by saying "Yeah, my dad doesn't like the idea of someone without a job living there. Soz m8".

Luckily, the other landlord I've been in touch with (who had originally picked someone else for the place, but that candidate dropped out) said okay, so now I just gotta go through the contract and deposit and stuff. ...which is a little terrifying, but hey.

There's a standardized rental contract that we're taking turns filling out online, and under "Renter details" I'm supposed to put down my name, phone number, email... And living address.

Uh. I thought changing my living address was the whole point of this deal? Do I just fill in the rental apartment's address? Fill in my current address, which will become invalid from the moment the contract gets signed? The fuck?

I also need to work out moving arrangements, new household items (vacuum, bedsheets, pots and pans...), not to mention actually sitting down and having The Talk with my girlfriend. May is gonna be one fuckadiddly of a month.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144672 on: May 01, 2019, 10:41:14 am »

the talk?

birds and bees? :o
ball and chain? :!
it's not you it's me?!! :x

congrats mate.  how are you paying w/o employment newho?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #144673 on: May 01, 2019, 10:42:27 am »

the talk?

More like "it's not me, it's you. Like, entirely you. It hasn't even crossed my mind that it might be me in months.", I think.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144674 on: May 01, 2019, 11:04:12 am »

the talk?

birds and bees? :o
ball and chain? :!

congrats mate.  how are you paying w/o employment newho?
"It's not you or me, it's us."

I'm still having a hard time coming to terms with it. I need to remember that I've tried. That I've tried enough. I need to remember that trying to get her to change to the point where I'd be happy is just too far of a stretch to rightfully ask from her.

I still feel like I'm just running away and that I should have tried harder, put more effort into communicating... That I'm asking too much from a relationship that I'm not contributing enough to. And I'm sure she'll be quick to reinforce all those points, and I'm sure some part of me will want to believe her version over my own. But it's just gone too far now.

And as for paying for stuff, *magnificent and glorious drumroll* ...I'm on welfare. It's not very glamorous, but it's at least steady money.

But apparently that didn't actually count in this case. It's not about the income, which I have; it's not about being able to cover the deposit and first month's rent, which I could pay and then cover the rest of the year's rent just out of my savings accounts... No, it's because I'm not currently employed. Because they just got through dealing with that with a previous tenant, and don't want to do that again.

No details on what "that" was or how it's actually related to being unemployed and not just being able to fucking pay the rent, but whatever. It's his property, let him figure it out.
Pages: 1 ... 9643 9644 [9645] 9646 9647 ... 11037