Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9640 9641 [9642] 9643 9644 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14544290 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #144615 on: April 29, 2019, 06:40:36 pm »

You know, your life could be as simple as mine by just not having friends or any romantic prospects.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144616 on: April 29, 2019, 06:41:05 pm »

So I told her "I'm sorry, but I need to turn things down a few notches for a while because trying to keep them as they are now is going to be hurtful to me and dishonest to you". I knew that there weren't any options for a lovely future there, but I felt the need to tell her for the sake of doing the right thing.

And for that, there was no response or recognition.
I can see how that would upset you. It's rare to get a decent response when we pour our hearts out, cause we usually only do it when things are already desperate. It definitely does seem like you have the right idea to keep your distance though. She wants to keep you as a friend, but will you ever be happy with that?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144617 on: April 29, 2019, 07:04:59 pm »

Well you did told her you'll be away. Maybe she was trying to respect your wishes  staying away and now after seeing you just couldn't resist not writing you.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144618 on: April 29, 2019, 07:54:11 pm »

As someone who regrets the asshole they have been before, I recommend keeping your distance for your own sake, until you yourself are comfortable being friends with her instead of romantic interests.

It's not fair to you to pretend you have no feelings, and awkward for her since she considers you a good friend. Take some time off, get your head straight, and hit her up on Facebook or something down the road. Life is too short to lose friends, and too long to not take the time to do those things properly.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144619 on: April 29, 2019, 08:49:02 pm »

Here's the thing though, it was never really a rejection to begin with. Or I should say, I wasn't trying to "take things to the next level" with my message. What I was doing was informing her that I needed to spend some time away from her, because I couldn't be just a friend at this point in time, and I felt she deserved an explanation of why I'd be going quiet for the next while.

Like, I'm still technically in a relationship with someone else. Even if the feelings were mutual, I'm not capable of doing anything about it until I clear my own personal mess up, and I didn't know how long that was going to take. And it'd be wrong on several levels to confess feelings for someone and then ask them to "wait around" until you're done with your current obligations.

Furthermore, she just got out of a relationship that went deep south and then another love interest that just sort of sputtered and died. She's also going through a pretty heavy time with splitting her days between finishing a Bachelor's degree, a full-time job, a social life, and personal health issues that are firing off because of the stress. She's explicitly said that she doesn't want to deal with romance or relationships until after her studies and whatnot are finished. There was never any fling to be had here, the circumstances made that quite clear.

It's just that when I unexpectedly found out that she was boinking her roommate, I realized I wouldn't be able to handle the level of contact that I'd kept up with her until that point, because I was invested enough that it just hurt too much. And since she was forced to drop out of the concert trip in July, I no longer had to keep a brave face so as not to fuck with the trip. So I told her "I'm sorry, but I need to turn things down a few notches for a while because trying to keep them as they are now is going to be hurtful to me and dishonest to you". I knew that there weren't any options for a lovely future there, but I felt the need to tell her for the sake of doing the right thing.

And for that, there was no response or recognition.
my advice for you, from an older man, is to look at it from the viewpoint of an [age here] year old girl who is self-centered.  Whether she is bitchy and hot or shy and cute, she sees the world from her pov.  and thats what youre competing with; her pov.  she ,may not be some narcissistic gal, but if you brgin with the assumption that she has her own desires itll be a win.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #144620 on: April 29, 2019, 09:36:16 pm »

I mean, everyone looks at life from their own point-of-view, with their own desires.

Unless Kagus has been an x-year old girl, it’s all conjecture on his part.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144621 on: April 29, 2019, 09:57:19 pm »

Or has been an mind reader x-men.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144622 on: April 29, 2019, 10:25:19 pm »

In spite of mind reading x-men, Cyclops still cheated on Jean Grey.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #144623 on: April 29, 2019, 10:27:07 pm »

Wunnit with another psychic, too? Ol' one-eye never seemed to be the brightest bulb in the shed, in some ways.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144624 on: April 29, 2019, 10:43:54 pm »

Watched the news a bit after work.  One of those 24/7 news channels the cable always starts on where they loop the stories every hour or so.  One of the stories was a kid shooting another kid.  News says 'we are not identifying the subjects because they are both minors.  It is part of our journalistic integrity policy' or something to that effect, and they have the subject's face blurred as the police are sticking him in a car.

When the camera cuts back to the news desk for the wrapup of that story the image behind the newscaster has the same scene we just saw, except without the blurred faces.  gg no re, journalistic integrity.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #144625 on: April 30, 2019, 12:23:31 am »

Yesterday, I've created possibly the funniest and the stupidest made-up word, "Diyamakulian".
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144626 on: April 30, 2019, 12:24:48 am »

Oh CABL, how diyamakulian of you!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #144627 on: April 30, 2019, 12:43:42 am »

Oh CABL, how diyamakulian of you!

*rimshot*

But if you want some context, I was watching a streamer playing Zelda: Twilight Princess, and I saw a green goblin-like creature that walked inside a slime (in the game, of course). So I said in the chat, "Oh no, it's the Satan," and the streamer asked, "Is this how the Satan's depicted in your religion? The big bad guy?" And I've said that the Satan's analogue in my religion is "F'th'rrgh, the Lord of Forbidden Knowledge". Then someone asked me in the chat what religion I do belong to, and I've replied, "Diyamakulian Paganism".

Also, it's pronounced "Dee-Yah-MAH-Koo-Lee-Ahn", yet the streamer pronounced it as "Die-Yah-MAH-Koo-Lee-Ahn". Even she knew how stupid the word is, so she has intentionally mispronounced it.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #144628 on: April 30, 2019, 03:41:03 am »

Diyamakulian sounds like a completely legit word in my second language (can't say which-- I'd reveal where I live). I know that it isn't, but it fits the bill. I could come across that word in a book written in (second language), and I wouldn't even question it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144629 on: April 30, 2019, 03:43:29 am »

Diyamakulians are those R2D2 trashcans from Dr Who, right?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 9640 9641 [9642] 9643 9644 ... 11037