Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9637 9638 [9639] 9640 9641 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14545097 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #144570 on: April 28, 2019, 08:19:17 am »

I remember, as a child, just pressing random keys on this Windows XP computer...
You guys missed out.  While working 'customer support' in college, we had a user who managed to change the icon spacing on their Windows 3.11 machine to more pixels than the size of their screen.  (That was a fun time, learning about that 'feature').

It was not obvious to find out where all their icons went, when all the files were there when you looked in DOS or File Manager.  And no, in 1997 there was not an Internet search we could do to find the solution in 5 seconds.

The software not being able to ask the hardware about compatibility was Fun. Back in the Win9x era, it was very common to have your display setting allow configuration options your monitor could not display. Some fancy monitors would simply scroll if you set the resolution too high, but most resembled a Magic Eye print instead.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #144571 on: April 28, 2019, 08:23:50 am »

Once again I just realized my forearms and hands are scrapes, cuts, nicks, and bruises layered on top of scars.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #144572 on: April 28, 2019, 12:20:15 pm »

Ya aren't supposed to know about the fights.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144573 on: April 28, 2019, 12:35:50 pm »

The girls are the units are the guns, if I understand correctly. So yes, they are already cute, but some of them are cuter than others (subjectively, I guess.)
Wait, what? The gun girls are the guns? But... that's just silly.  :-\
I was thinking of giving this game a try, too. Oh well, maybe I can just head-canon them as some obsessive cult of fanatical gun nuts who have deluded themselves into believing they've somehow become one with their firearm of choice.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144574 on: April 28, 2019, 12:38:37 pm »

First rule of Produce Fight Club is no Corn-stalk Daggers.
Second rule is don't talk abo- You know the line from there.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144575 on: April 28, 2019, 12:42:13 pm »

I was thinking of giving this game a try, too. Oh well, maybe I can just head-canon them as some obsessive cult of fanatical gun nuts who have deluded themselves into believing they've somehow become one with their firearm of choice.

Girls Frontline: GOA Simulator?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144576 on: April 28, 2019, 12:44:08 pm »

The girls are the units are the guns, if I understand correctly. So yes, they are already cute, but some of them are cuter than others (subjectively, I guess.)

I think it's something like, they're robots from the future that are modelled after antique guns because beauracracy.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144577 on: April 28, 2019, 12:50:35 pm »

Wait so, you'll refuse to play a game due to a silly premise, but you're totally willing to consider playing a mobile game? Come on man, pick between high standards and low standards already!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144578 on: April 28, 2019, 12:51:32 pm »

First rule of Produce Fight Club is no Corn-stalk Daggers.
Second rule is don't talk abo- You know the line from there.

This of course reminded me of my time as a botanist on TGstation, growing carrots and turning them into shivs. Now, carrot-shivs look an awful lot like edible carrots, but they are not. They are shivs.

So when someone picks up a seemingly delicious freshly-grown treat and then performs the traditional "click on self using held item" for eating a tasty morsel, they would in fact stab themselves in the face. Sometimes repeatedly. Because "this is sharp" is apparently a hard lesson to learn.

I wasn't even trying to trick people, they just found my shiv stash and tried to eat it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144579 on: April 28, 2019, 02:38:01 pm »

Good ole Botany. Better weapons than sec, better chems than Chemistry, and most of its edible to boot.
He's fucking with us.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144580 on: April 28, 2019, 02:42:51 pm »

Oh hey a carrot. Seems tasty.  Oh wow I'm bleeding.  I must have missed my mouth and got myself in the eye.   Wow I missed again, must be my lack of depth perception.  I guess I lost my other eye because I can't see anything but my body lying in a pool of blood in the engineering vents.   I hope somebody finds me so I can be healed up and finish enjoying this delicious carrot.

Oh good the AI has gone rogue.  Perhaps an android will find me and make me into an android as well so I can tell them all about this super tasty carrot stash I found.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 02:45:02 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144581 on: April 28, 2019, 02:50:39 pm »

Good ole Botany. Better weapons than sec, better chems than Chemistry, and most of its edible to boot.
Word... As a Chemistry main, getting into Botany was an emotionally draining experience. Extremely mixed feelings when I learned how easy it is to make nitroglycerin tomatoes.

Oh hey a carrot. Seems tasty.  Oh wow I'm bleeding.  I must have missed my mouth and got myself in the eye.   Wow I missed again, must be my lack of depth perception.  I guess I lost my other eye because I can't see anything but my body lying in a pool of blood in the engineering vents.   I hope somebody finds me so I can be healed up and finish enjoying this delicious carrot.

Oh good the AI has gone rogue.  Perhaps an android will find me and make me into an android as well so I can tell them all about this super tasty carrot stash I found.
This bloody well happened... And I just stood there and watched the chump repeatedly stab himself in the face while trying to adjust his aim and intents like this was Lifenet or some shit. Eventually he limped off to medbay because he was bleeding all over the floor.

He came back later for another shot at the carrots though.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144582 on: April 28, 2019, 03:44:54 pm »

he took another stab at it?

honk honk
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144583 on: April 28, 2019, 04:33:28 pm »

he took another stab at it?

honk honk
I hang my head in shame... Verily, you have bested me. This was always the correct response, and I was blind to have not seen it.

Also, "Lifenet"? I am clearly not operating at full cognitive capacity today.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144584 on: April 28, 2019, 04:41:14 pm »

Might have been me, actually. I've once stabbed myself to death with a carrot.

Then again, I've managed to kill myself with most items in SS13 at least once.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?
Pages: 1 ... 9637 9638 [9639] 9640 9641 ... 11037