Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9529 9530 [9531] 9532 9533 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14512957 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #142950 on: February 19, 2019, 10:52:43 am »

NEO scavenger is at least 8 years old. I got it in one of the early humble bundles
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #142951 on: February 19, 2019, 11:19:55 am »

NEO scavenger is at least 8 years old. I got it in one of the early humble bundles

Nope, it was released on 14th of December, in 2014, so it means it'll be 5 years old this year.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #142952 on: February 19, 2019, 11:51:50 am »

I remember playing it before it was released
Love, scriver~

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #142953 on: February 19, 2019, 11:57:15 am »

I guess there was a pre-release demo of sorts, then. That, or early access.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142954 on: February 19, 2019, 12:14:30 pm »

I played it before it was even developed yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142955 on: February 19, 2019, 12:21:07 pm »

Anyway I've been playing For The King lately and it's sorta roguelike-like-ish. Not dungeon-based, though.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #142956 on: February 19, 2019, 12:44:47 pm »

I guess there was a pre-release demo of sorts, then. That, or early access.
Yes, I'm pretty sure it was some form of early access and it was incomplete at the time.

I recall I had it on desura. If it rises from the dead again as it has from time to time I might be able to check the redeem date.
Edit: that being said, even though there WAS an EAccess phase, apparently the Humble Bundle it was in  was released in 2014. So I guess I might have gotten it in 2014. Unless I got it earlier in desura independently for some reason
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 12:49:16 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142957 on: February 19, 2019, 12:49:00 pm »

Anyway I've been playing For The King lately and it's sorta roguelike-like-ish. Not dungeon-based, though.
gotta say getting through that campaign is like pulling teeth. Don’t make it story-driven and permadeath at the same time eh?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #142958 on: February 19, 2019, 02:36:26 pm »

gotta say getting through that campaign is like pulling teeth. Don’t make it story-driven and permadeath at the same time eh?
That's what turned me off of Long Live the Queen.  I really enjoyed playing it but the fact that it was the same every time killed it for me.

I know permadeath games have moved on from FTL's randomness.  But one thing I've missed about FTL is how every sector except the first and last could be any kind of sector.  Seems like since then every roguelite has had each area with non-scaling difficulty and then put them in the same order every time.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142959 on: February 19, 2019, 03:00:37 pm »

"unique slot system" sounds suspiciously like a deck to me... I'm so paranoid these days. I think it is actually the prevalence of trendy, unnecessary TCG-style mechanics that have single-handedly ruined indie gaming as a whole.

So many promising looking games that get me frothin' to play them, then I get a bit further through the description and boom! Deck mechanic. RIP my boner.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142960 on: February 19, 2019, 03:26:44 pm »

I had to refuse to allow a prepaid card purchase at my store last night because the person buying it was probably getting scammed.  They told me they got an email from the government saying they owed back taxes and that they needed to pay them back by buying a bunch of prepaid cards, activating them, and giving them the details of the cards over the phone.

EDIT: And the person got pissed off at ME because they insisted they will sue me when they end up in jail because I wouldn't sell them the cards.

When people think I'm crazy for saying that everyone needs to pass a basic competency course and get a licence to use the internet just like a driver's licence.  That is why.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 03:43:10 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142961 on: February 19, 2019, 03:28:05 pm »

I had to refuse to allow a prepaid card purchase at my store last night because the person buying it was probably getting scammed.  They told me they got an email from the government saying they owed back taxes and that they needed to pay them back by buying a bunch of prepaid cards, activating them, and giving them the details of the cards over the phone.

When people think I'm crazy for saying that everyone needs to pass a basic competency course and get a licence to use the internet just like a driver's licence.  That is why.

Idiot-proofing is a losing arms race tho.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #142962 on: February 19, 2019, 03:52:39 pm »

I guarantee you those scams happen over the phone, and even in person.  Its a scummy world out there.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142963 on: February 19, 2019, 04:20:24 pm »

Haha, I was just hearing about this yesterday.
There was a freaking announcement over the supermarket PA reminding people not to fall for scams telling them they needed to pay bills or fines with various gift cards. Good grief.
Then again, this is the same place whose card-only, self-serve checkouts stop you to remind you that they're card-only, when that fact is clearly advertised on signs everywhere...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142964 on: February 19, 2019, 04:36:59 pm »

"unique slot system" sounds suspiciously like a deck to me... I'm so paranoid these days. I think it is actually the prevalence of trendy, unnecessary TCG-style mechanics that have single-handedly ruined indie gaming as a whole.

So many promising looking games that get me frothin' to play them, then I get a bit further through the description and boom! Deck mechanic. RIP my boner.

I'm not sure what they mean by that at all, actually. Nothing particularly TCG about it, at least not that my non-TCG-playing butt can discern.

The only thing I can think of that they mean is that different weapons (and sometimes different attacks with the same weapon) have different amounts of rolls that you need to succeed on to hit/do more damage.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 9529 9530 [9531] 9532 9533 ... 11037