Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9444 9445 [9446] 9447 9448 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14530460 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141675 on: January 11, 2019, 06:22:44 am »

Fucking shit Hans, is that in a vented area? Close that crap and remove the tank from there. Get a qualified personnel to change the valve.

It's for my grill, it's out on our deck/patio. I'm going to take it back to work and switch it out.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141676 on: January 11, 2019, 01:24:49 pm »

I'm idiotic on the topic, and I don't know where else to post this: I woke up today thinking that maybe my only path forward is to break my teetotalism. I've honestly never tried alcohol, and the common swill that comes in cans, just thinking about it makes me nauseous from the many many many bad memories that are tied to the smell, in relation to the uncountable cases of my Mom's drunken fighting, arguing, sometimes being hurled as weapons, and the mess and smell getting around, and then just having the cans littering the house.

I just want an avenue to be able to relax and stop caring constantly about my pretentious high-minded ideals and my constantly anxious worrying about every little thing. I was thinking wine might do the trick, as that was a form of alcohol that my Mom never purchased (her preferences being American beer, schnaps, and vodka), and it might not hold the strong disgust in my psyche that those do, as far as taste and smell are concerned. And it's basically just fermented juice right? I like juice.

The plan would be to purchase some (I don't know what the expected price would be, though I'm fairly certain it commands a luxurious markup. I'm honestly thinking I might come up to to liquor section and about-face after seeing the price) and then enjoy a small amount by myself in the comfort of my apartment with no intention of going anywhere else for the day. I think that would minimize the risk of the experiment to the smallest possible amount.

Or maybe this is just the path to my ultimate self-destruction. I'm not certain.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141677 on: January 11, 2019, 01:35:03 pm »

So I finish work at 4:00 am, am picking my way back to my room and halfway through the kitchen I clear punt a metal dog bowl against the far wall. Thankfully the dogs didn't start barking this time, but they have before. But I'd feel super awkward saying 'can you feed the dogs elsewhere next time' when I'm the one who actually ran into them. Usually I leave at midnight in darkness anyway so I should have hit them on my way out, but yeah sometimes this happens- and it's especially bad because I'm walking in darkness literally because I don't want to wake anyone up if I turn on some lights.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141678 on: January 11, 2019, 01:36:06 pm »

<snip>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 01:52:47 pm by Mephisto »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #141679 on: January 11, 2019, 01:39:08 pm »

Alcohol is an easy out.  NEVER give up progress for the sake of marginal acceptance.  Look up how local plights form endemics.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141680 on: January 11, 2019, 01:43:22 pm »

...being able to drink small amounts of mood-altering poison in company is a useful-ish semi-social skill. That said:

Drinking alone as an anxiety-cure and inhibition-inhibiter isn't a very good plan.

Chances are it won't make you happier if you're a moody sod already. Being a moody sod myself, can confirm.
One wheel short of a wagon

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #141681 on: January 11, 2019, 01:55:04 pm »

Drink when in company, reform when alone.  Focus upon making yourself known.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141682 on: January 11, 2019, 02:33:02 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:32:57 pm by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141683 on: January 11, 2019, 02:52:55 pm »

I'm sorry, I can't help but to read R2D2 and think about a rolling astromech abusing its moral system in the wild west every time you post about it.
Great, now I won't be able to shake that mental image, either. He's got a li'l stetson on and everything!   

Ok gimme like.... I got this ok.

Spoiler: I'm not sorry. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 04:08:30 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141684 on: January 11, 2019, 03:23:42 pm »

EU Han Solo was killed by Native Americans and Chewie was Bigfoot. It was only a matter of time (at least until The EmpireDisney acquired everything) before a ship containing R2D2 also arrived.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141685 on: January 11, 2019, 04:13:18 pm »

Also, there is nothing wrong with a drink or two at home to relax. If you're worried about it becoming self-destructive, make sure to be accountable to someone you can trust.

Only buy like, wine coolers or brand name hard cider or something like that. Those are good for one-two bottles of relaxation in front of the TV, and they don't taste like ass either. Hell, have one with dinner. Easy to just be like "This is my tasty dinner beverage" and stop after that.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141686 on: January 11, 2019, 04:33:26 pm »

I'm idiotic on the topic, and I don't know where else to post this: I woke up today thinking that maybe my only path forward is to break my teetotalism. I've honestly never tried alcohol, and the common swill that comes in cans, just thinking about it makes me nauseous from the many many many bad memories that are tied to the smell, in relation to the uncountable cases of my Mom's drunken fighting, arguing, sometimes being hurled as weapons, and the mess and smell getting around, and then just having the cans littering the house.

I just want an avenue to be able to relax and stop caring constantly about my pretentious high-minded ideals and my constantly anxious worrying about every little thing. I was thinking wine might do the trick, as that was a form of alcohol that my Mom never purchased (her preferences being American beer, schnaps, and vodka), and it might not hold the strong disgust in my psyche that those do, as far as taste and smell are concerned. And it's basically just fermented juice right? I like juice.

The plan would be to purchase some (I don't know what the expected price would be, though I'm fairly certain it commands a luxurious markup. I'm honestly thinking I might come up to to liquor section and about-face after seeing the price) and then enjoy a small amount by myself in the comfort of my apartment with no intention of going anywhere else for the day. I think that would minimize the risk of the experiment to the smallest possible amount.

Or maybe this is just the path to my ultimate self-destruction. I'm not certain.

I had a drink when I turned 21, just to see what it was like. Didn't really notice anything other than reduced dexterity. Since then I haven't really bothered with the stuff. I can't speak to what effect it might have on you, but it's unlikely to be a magic cure for what ails you. That being said, having a drink won't trigger a slippery slope which kills you before you realize what's happening, either. The truth, as usual, lay in the boring middle ground: You can live just fine without it, maybe it'll help you some if you drink, and if you abuse it it'll hurt you.  It's hard to find something that's impossible to hurt yourself on.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #141687 on: January 11, 2019, 04:35:17 pm »

It's hard to find something that's impossible to hurt yourself on.
Well, I am having success with the dwarf planet Pluto. So far I have not hurt myself on it.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141688 on: January 11, 2019, 04:37:43 pm »

Pluto's a big rock. If you hit it hard enough your bones will break.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #141689 on: January 11, 2019, 04:44:57 pm »

The operative phrase is "So far".
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."