Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9436 9437 [9438] 9439 9440 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14537636 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141555 on: January 04, 2019, 07:29:29 am »

I just realised that my favourite local eco farm is likely run by antroposofists.

I feel tricked.

In case you're not aware, the antroposofists are basically a new-age anti-science/anti-intellectual sect. Very vocal about anti-vaccimationism, for example.

This is why I buy from only the most gruesomely efficient factory farms.  :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141556 on: January 04, 2019, 07:54:35 am »

I just realised that my favourite local eco farm is likely run by antroposofists.

I feel tricked.

In case you're not aware, the antroposofists are basically a new-age anti-science/anti-intellectual sect. Very vocal about anti-vaccimationism, for example.

This is why I buy from only the most gruesomely efficient factory farms.  :P

I'm not sure I see the problem. A brief check indicates that they're a humanist pseudo-religious movement dedicated to providing a scientifically verifiable means of accessing a spiritual dimension without requiring us to die.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141557 on: January 04, 2019, 08:18:44 am »

...You mean like DMT? ???   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141558 on: January 04, 2019, 08:27:05 am »

So I still have 10 days of vacations in front of me and I find it boring to no end.

Odd jobs have been scarce and my left knee decided to punish me for all my sins or something and is hurting a lot.

I think we'll go to the mall this weekend to walk a tad if my knee feels like it.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141559 on: January 04, 2019, 12:59:05 pm »

... I drink heavily every day. Like 5+ beers and 10~ shots. Maybe I'll choke on my own blood. That'd be peaceful.

Also I rarely ravage villages with my horde of riders.

I think this is what your doctor means by "getting out more" or "getting some exercise.

For the first half I was half-entertaining the fantasy that Hitler might not have been at the time such a literal Hitler after all, reading of his account of being an orphan and workingman (without being sure of how much license he took with the details).

Since when has any politician lied about be a man of the people?

EDIT: In case it isn't clear, my opinion of biometric unlock is very low. Fingerprint readers are worse than useless, since they make you feel secure without actually providing any security.

Yeah, they're easily stealable, but they might work more for a username analog than a password. I'm still not sure how it's less effort than typing though, as you've obviously got fingers if you've got fingerprints.

GF stepped in the dogs' water bowl in the kitchen and spilled water around, something I've done a number of times (and part of why I started putting it on a bed of paper towels, along with catching the drips from normal usage). Ended up going from "calm" to "scalping time" in half a second. Apparently the floor is ruined and it's going to cost thousands and her evening is in shambles and it's probably my fault for not cleaning enough or something.

So I'm just taking an extended bathroom visit right now until things wind down out there. Hi y'all!

Good to hear you're not at the "going out to get a pack of smokes" stage yet. Hope you find a better situation.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #141560 on: January 04, 2019, 08:03:58 pm »

A doctor's office in another state apparently could run my insurance successfully even tho I'm not supposed to have out of state benefits.  My fucking pharmacy right next to my house couldn't even get my info to come up.  The fuck.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141561 on: January 04, 2019, 09:06:39 pm »

I started playing FFXI today on Nasomi.

That game is like 17 years old. When did I get old. Help
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #141562 on: January 05, 2019, 07:47:07 pm »

Huh. I never knew that bebop and rocksteady almost broke the universe multiverse in the tmnt comics (some of the more recent ones?). But apparently they just about managed it. Ran into some critter with a time scepter and proceeded to cause so much havoc reality nearly went kaput.

... I noticed because I was watching a LP of Ymir, which has as a leader customization option, well. Bebop.  And subsequent curiosity lead me to bebop and rocksteady's wikipedia page. Game dropped a pretty major ball not having the foot clan symbol as a potential flag, though. I can guess why they didn't but come on, don't do this thing half way...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141563 on: January 05, 2019, 08:06:12 pm »

Amazon is requiring a captcha just to access the site, at least in incognito mode. And I actually do most of my web browsing using incognito mode.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141564 on: January 06, 2019, 06:23:33 pm »

Are you feeling tired, or at least insufficiently American?

Have I got the drink for you.

Introducing...

Spoiler: AMERICAN SIZED IMAGE (click to show/hide)

And on the back...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To quote the text on the can:

"That uniquely 'Merican feeling of pushing aside the "purple stuff," smiling wide, staring directly into the sun and saying, "Fresh oranges, God Bless America." "

The two flavours I saw available were 'Merican Made and Impeachment.

I should note I am not in America
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #141565 on: January 06, 2019, 06:29:56 pm »

You know, my brother actually picked up a can of "Im-PEACH-ment" Sour Ale the other day. Give me a bit and I'll post the picture.

Guess drink manufacturers are capitalizing on the controversy now, eh?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 06:32:14 pm by AzyWng »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141566 on: January 06, 2019, 07:18:49 pm »

Is that not another CAH marketing campaign?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141567 on: January 07, 2019, 01:27:53 am »

I’m just disappointed they didn’t go for the double whammy with Im-PEACH-MINT.

It’d taste disgusting, but at least they’d have served their obligation.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141568 on: January 07, 2019, 01:32:10 am »

How 'bout dim-peach-mint, then? Can a drink be dimsim flavoured?!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141569 on: January 07, 2019, 01:34:09 am »

Gin-peach-mint’d be even better, and at least the drunken stupor it would generate would mask the peach-mint flavor.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.
Pages: 1 ... 9436 9437 [9438] 9439 9440 ... 11037