Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9427 9428 [9429] 9430 9431 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14543836 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141420 on: December 28, 2018, 01:32:59 pm »

I recall research has shown that mice specifically avoid mating with other mice that smell too closely related to them (proved by breaking the mouses' sense of smell; they immediately started fucking their siblings from the sound of things.)

Humans have this too. We like the smell of people who are genetically different from us. Or so I heard.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #141421 on: December 28, 2018, 01:35:55 pm »

Boy howdy do i love drinking liquid fetuses

Straight from the source, too.

Humans have this too. We like the smell of people who are genetically different from us. Or so I heard.
I know for a fact my relatives all stink. But i figured it was a personal hygiene issue.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 02:12:35 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #141422 on: December 28, 2018, 07:03:26 pm »

I found the old thread I had my first experience as DUngeon Master for D&D when I went looking for names of characters I used before. Equally cringe worthy as it was a nice trip down memory lane

Who would’ve thought I would make everyone believe a guy crit failed going to the bathroom?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141423 on: December 28, 2018, 07:39:56 pm »

I mean, I remember a short snippet where a fellow rolled to undo his fly... And failed.

Kinda brought it on himself though.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141424 on: December 28, 2018, 07:49:48 pm »

I've been walking my housemate's dog, and he recently offered me a bag of treats to offer if the dog plants his legs.
Firstly, that hasn't happened for me for a while.  It's pretty much only when I need to move like 5 ft for a pokestop, and the dog is like "nah fuck u" and I have a 30 second staring contest with him until he agrees to take the tiny detour.
But mostly, that's like the definition of a bad precedent...

It's mostly silly, but also worries me a bit since my housemate usually doesn't bother to use the leash.  Whereas I always do.  The dog is a tiny chihuahua-terrier, but he often ignores verbal commands and is super interested in other dogs.  It's a safety measure.  But my housemate is convinced that the dog listens, which is just untrue even for him.  Unreliable at best.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #141425 on: December 28, 2018, 08:09:22 pm »

My father is convinced our old dog understands everything we say (mind you: she understands way more than most people not used to dogs, and some people who ARE used to dogs, would generally assume. But it´s still a far call from *everything*).  BUT when she disobeys (which she does a lot, and always has done a lot), NOW he´s seriously blaming that her hearing is not what it used to be.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #141426 on: December 28, 2018, 11:58:55 pm »

I found the old thread I had my first experience as DUngeon Master for D&D when I went looking for names of characters I used before. Equally cringe worthy as it was a nice trip down memory lane

Who would’ve thought I would make everyone believe a guy crit failed going to the bathroom?
Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Also, I'd like to keep my pants thanks.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141427 on: December 29, 2018, 04:35:59 pm »

Gaming WTF: Was playing RDR2, and decided to try out some saloon poker since it was nearly a full table.

The first couple rounds were fine enough, but what followed was a period of complete slaughter where I ended up hemorrhaging money and continuously buying back in in an attempt to at least win enough back to break even.

Players came and went. Time passed ( the entire match from start to finish ended up being three ingame days). But still, Alvin in his yellow shirt just sat there and ate more and more of the table's money. A black hole in human form.

Finally I managed to get a good hand and got back almost $15 of my spent cash, but Ol' Alvin was still sitting pretty on a good $13 bank (he had over $25 at one point)... I had recovered my honor, but now I was greedy for both cash and revenge.

Finally, Alvin left the table and called it a night, nearly $14 in his pocket... And I got up and followed him.

The plan was to hang back a bit, tail him until he left town, and then put on a mask and mug him. I stayed a distance away, and picked up the trail of his horse to keep up.

Eventually he mounted a hill on the outskirts of town, and I got ready for the strike... I put on my mask, charged up the hill after his trail, and... found his horse. Just standing there. He was nowhere to be seen.

I checked around, and nope... no people there. No people tracks either. I decided to check his saddlebags, and got a hoof in my gut for the trouble. I tried bribing his horse with calming words and neck pats, but the horse remained a stalwart defender of the man's satchel. Irritated, I drew my sawn-off and popped a slug into his equine brain. The threat dealt with, I rummaged through the sack and found two dollars.

Those damn ethereal poker kings and their blasted teleportation abilities!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141428 on: December 29, 2018, 04:57:39 pm »

Sounds like you got japed by a trickster god. Or maybe the devil.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141429 on: December 29, 2018, 05:01:19 pm »

Sounds like you got japed by a trickster god. Or maybe the devil.

And lo! did Arthur Morgan poker battle with the Devil for three days
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #141430 on: December 29, 2018, 05:03:40 pm »

I got told earlier that atheists and nonbelievers are "intellectually inferior".

Well.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141431 on: December 29, 2018, 05:07:38 pm »

I got told earlier that atheists and nonbelievers are "intellectually inferior".

Well.

But apparently satanists can beat just about anyone at saloon poker, so they’re a tier above the rest.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141432 on: December 29, 2018, 05:14:50 pm »

Well.

Damn, looks like we need to revise our opinions on Stephen Hawking.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #141433 on: December 29, 2018, 05:23:10 pm »

And....

A great many smarty pants.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #141434 on: December 29, 2018, 05:24:15 pm »

Well.

Ah *heathen high-five*

*misses*
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 9427 9428 [9429] 9430 9431 ... 11037