Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9421 9422 [9423] 9424 9425 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14545698 times)

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141330 on: December 23, 2018, 04:16:15 pm »

Not necessarily bad, but .... mild rant, not really offputting.

Someone left a birdhouse on my porch / front step.
Someone clearly tried on this and hand painted it as best they could.

I hardly talk to anyone, ever, especially where I live. It's not a bad place per se, although it is not the ritz. I am reclusive there, not bothering anybody. I mail one of my neighbors cash to cut the lawn, cause I am never there with work, and also I got injured/cant. Of course, it is Dec 23, so I imagine this is a Christmas gift. I haven't even put up a tree, even though I have one. Not sure who sent it, no tag. It isn't like the thing is poison or something, though I have no clue where to put it.

My paranoia's showing, but mostly it's the weird situation I am in with my life / my family is dysfunctional / my mental health has improved, but still....

Awkward, why?
Holidays are weird. (Largely because my family is broken and awful).

I am half tempted to just send neighbor who mods my lawn a thank you note and money, because I think it's him. Not sure.

People stare at me sometimes cause I don't walk well. They ask, etc. I don't think they're mean but there is no none weird way for this to occur.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 04:17:59 pm by Transcendant »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141331 on: December 23, 2018, 04:20:24 pm »

The answer is clear: You must release several birds into the neighborhood.

EDIT: My WTF of the day!

So... Apparently Hard Time is on Steam? How did I not know about this? The cultural importance of this cannot be overstated.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141332 on: December 23, 2018, 09:33:59 pm »

W-wait... It was originally 3D, wasn't it?  Am I crazy!?

Oh good I'm not, it's him.
It's always HIM

I would compare MDickie with TempleOS Terry Davis except that he turned out to be actually, tragically, clinically insane...  Honestly very tragic, if you look into it.

So it'd be disrespectful to imply anything like that about MDickie's mental health.  Honestly, for all I know, he might just actually be very excited about making wrestling games (occasionally Aramaic).
If you haven't seen The New Testament, ChipCheezum et all did a fine mindboggling go.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141333 on: December 23, 2018, 10:05:52 pm »

Well, Terry Davis (God rest the poor bastard, he committed suicide a few months ago) was a genuinely skilled programmer who was unfortunately plagued with schizophrenia and serious invasive thoughts. TempleOS, prior known as SparrowOS, is really a marvel of programming forced through a filter of insanity. His... uh... 'eccentric' personality is the result of his condition and not really a reflection of how he actually is, as during his rare lucid moments he was a genuinely respectful and humble man.

MDickie, however, unless I am conflating him with someone else, is a Christian fundamentalist with a gigantic ego who is known for flying off the handle at even mild constructive critique. His game is a frankenstein of stolen code and barely functional copypastes from his other failed projects, though I still love it in its own special way. I feel it's a huge disservice to Terry to compare the two.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 10:08:12 pm by George_Chickens »
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141334 on: December 23, 2018, 10:14:05 pm »

Well, Terry Davis (God rest the poor bastard, he committed suicide a few months ago) was a genuinely skilled programmer who was unfortunately plagued with schizophrenia and serious invasive thoughts. TempleOS, prior known as SparrowOS, is really a marvel of programming forced through a filter of insanity. His... uh... 'eccentric' personality is the result of his condition and not really a reflection of how he actually is, as during his rare lucid moments he was a genuinely respectful and humble man.
Indeed.  Between me and my more successful CompSci friend, Terry Davis was actually a scarily impressive programmer.  Scary because he was full-on wizard, no sense of right and wrong - and yet, jeez.  He wrote... such things.  A lot.
MDickie, however, unless I am conflating him with someone else, is a Christian fundamentalist with a gigantic ego who is known for flying off the handle at even mild constructive critique. His game is a frankenstein of stolen code and barely functional copypastes from his other failed projects, though I still love it in its own special way. I feel it's a huge disservice to Terry to compare the two.
I can't say with any certainty whether MDickie evolved his works from an original burst of creativity, or copied someone else.
Either way, they're... great.
Very not good!

Edit: TempleOS:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 10:16:55 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141335 on: December 23, 2018, 10:31:03 pm »

Down the Rabbit Hole recently released a documentary on templeOS and its author/head priest.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #141336 on: December 23, 2018, 11:38:11 pm »

The answer is clear: You must release several birds into the neighborhood.

EDIT: My WTF of the day!

So... Apparently Hard Time is on Steam? How did I not know about this? The cultural importance of this cannot be overstated.

According to a guy in the comments it also exists as a free mobile game!
Love, scriver~

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141337 on: December 24, 2018, 01:28:57 am »

I watched polar express and realised that its just like big mommas house

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141338 on: December 24, 2018, 01:59:18 am »

Sorry for resurrecting this bit of the topic, but I'm not quite sure he's exactly Christian fundamentalist. Sure, MDickie made a game where you're one of Jesus' disciples, but in it, Jesus talks about rearranging molecular structure and he recognizes he's in a game. If MDickie is a Christian fundamentalist, he's more New-Age than any other fundamentalist I've seen.

Anyway, continue on your normal discussions. Felt like I had to get that out of the way.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #141339 on: December 24, 2018, 02:45:16 am »

Indeed.  Between me and my more successful CompSci friend, Terry Davis was actually a scarily impressive programmer.  Scary because he was full-on wizard, no sense of right and wrong - and yet, jeez.  He wrote... such things.  A lot.
I can't say with any certainty whether MDickie evolved his works from an original burst of creativity, or copied someone else.
Either way, they're... great.
Very not good!

Edit: TempleOS:

...there is something darkly funny about that exchange. I'm honestly chuckling
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141340 on: December 24, 2018, 03:03:35 am »

If there's anything you can compare MDickie and Terry on, it's that they're both masters of unintentional comedy (and wonder and awe, too, when you wonder how things pieced together despite the conditions) within their works. Maybe, maybe one day, we, the human species, will progress to a point of maturity as a species where we can port Hard Time to TempleOS.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #141341 on: December 24, 2018, 05:21:46 am »

Is there a tile/lino area you could leave them?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #141342 on: December 24, 2018, 01:47:10 pm »

For dogs that dont want to learn the rules, sometimes crate training helps. You pen them in a dog carrier, too small for them to really move around, but big enough they can lie down comfortably, whenever youre gone. When you get home, let them outside immediately, dont give them the chance to run around the house. They almost never potty in their crate becahse its so small, so theyre forced to hold it, and then the only chance they get is to go outside. After weeks of only going outside, it hopefully becomes a habit and they shouldnt have trouble staying inside, out of their crate. If they still shit on the rug, rub their noses in it, tell them theyre bad, refuse to love them for a few hours, and repeat crate training again.

And if it doesnt work the second time, they can sleep in the crate every night and whenever youre gone. Our pitbull juwt absolutely cannot be left unattended or she will shit on the floor and destroy things, so she sleeps in her crate for now. In the summer, we have a nice big fenced in yard they cant escape from so they can all roam around outside, which they obviously prefer, but the pitbulls just dont have enouth fur to stay out during the winter. I could probably leave the other two fuzzy ones out without a problem but they rarely get into anything besides food we leave out, so theyre fine inside on their own.

[Edit]
Current shower thoughts; celery on its own is pretty tasteless and nutritionally mediocre, so its really just crunchy water.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 02:24:44 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #141343 on: December 24, 2018, 02:44:22 pm »

That sounds terribly unethical. I don't think I could lock a dog alone in a box for hours upon end just for 'training'. If that's the only way to house train it, I'd rather not get a dog at all.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #141344 on: December 24, 2018, 02:52:06 pm »

My knee is killing me and I got dizzy and felt uh third person earlier.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 9421 9422 [9423] 9424 9425 ... 11037