Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9420 9421 [9422] 9423 9424 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14545764 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141315 on: December 22, 2018, 10:37:00 am »

I decided to take a train back home because I was too damn mentally impaired to properly do tourism and today I'm not meeting her as tomorrow she's working
I hope to meet her again next week.

Shit I feel like a teenager
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141316 on: December 22, 2018, 10:57:10 am »

We're all teenagers when we're in love.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #141317 on: December 22, 2018, 11:07:37 am »

I thought I had left these feelings back in my twenties and that nowadays I was far more cerebral and less emotional.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141318 on: December 22, 2018, 11:10:18 am »

Ba'al I am at the last season of your show and you are a smarmy little Gou'ald villain aren't you yes you are.

And let's face it, it is Ba'al's show. I know the episode is going to be good if it's got Ba'al in it.  The tok'ra can go and suck a dick.  I would watch an entire series of SG1 that just had Ba'al, Bra'tac and Teal'c chatting to each other and getting things done.

This is a good thread.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141319 on: December 22, 2018, 12:26:06 pm »

I thought I had left these feelings back in my twenties and that nowadays I was far more cerebral and less emotional.
See i’m very cerebral and unemotional and also in a stable relationship so now i’m Worried i’m missing something
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #141320 on: December 22, 2018, 01:45:05 pm »

I just picture you freaking people out as you quietly serenade the blood with your love songs.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141321 on: December 22, 2018, 02:12:09 pm »

Thus is normal.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141322 on: December 22, 2018, 07:28:52 pm »

You know what's a bigger WTF than the plague of terrible H-games on Steam?

When they host a dev stream on the store page. Uncensored.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141323 on: December 22, 2018, 08:25:55 pm »

You know what's a bigger WTF than the plague of terrible H-games on Steam?
So I'm not the only one that's noticed, that's good. It sucks to see how its escalated though.

When they host a dev stream on the store page. Uncensored.
WTF! I'm pretty sure Valve can get into actual legal trouble for that you know. Something about exposing minors.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141324 on: December 22, 2018, 08:33:05 pm »

Something about exposing minors.
Isn't that what these games are about?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #141325 on: December 22, 2018, 08:34:37 pm »

You can't view the store pages for that sort of game without inputting an age, and IIRC Steam has a parental control system to lock out accounts. Utterly useless at actually preventing access, but far more than is needed to provide legal protection.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141326 on: December 22, 2018, 08:38:03 pm »

They're only minors if their age is actually defined... Honest!

You can't view the store pages for that sort of game without inputting an age, and IIRC Steam has a parental control system to lock out accounts. Utterly useless at actually preventing access, but far more than is needed to provide legal protection.

You're not supposed to be able to view the store pages without going through an age gate, but the new ones will spend a good while without an age gate because not enough people will have reported it for Steam to notice.

Also, that doesn't cover going to the "currently streaming" section of the Steam store and getting a faceful of titties in the preview thumbnail.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141327 on: December 22, 2018, 09:06:04 pm »

They're only minors if their age is actually defined... Honest!
'No, baka. I'm totally 18 or 21 or whatever is the minimum age of consent in your country. I just happen to have this prepubescent body and mind. Oh, my! Where are my panties?'

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141328 on: December 23, 2018, 12:18:07 am »

You can't view the store pages for that sort of game without inputting an age
Off-topic, but this shit is so fucking annoying.
You know how old I am, Steam. You know any innocence within me died long ago. So do not keep subjecting me to this clunky-ass age gate. >_<   
No, I haven't decided to somehow breed in-between 10-hour+ gaming binges, there aren't any kiddies around who might have snuck onto my computer and for some reason decided to start browsing the Steam store for naughty stuff. Just cool your jets and let me view whatever horrifically violent gaming sensation I'm trying to before my Australian internet craps out yet again.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141329 on: December 23, 2018, 03:15:32 am »

It doesn't usually bother me super much, but I just got content-prompted 3 times when trying to see what workshop content I have enabled in Left 4 Dead 2.  It didn't ask my age, just warned of graphic content, but still...  Exact same prompt, 3 times, in different places but for the same game.

Also I have no problem with Steam supporting adult content.  They've been hosting violence the whole time, there's nothing immoral about sexuality, yadda yadda.  However...
This is painfully true.  The "Totally 16 ^_^" trope is still really uncomfortable to me, even when they're drawn/written reasonably postpubescent.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 9420 9421 [9422] 9423 9424 ... 11037