Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9419 9420 [9421] 9422 9423 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14545660 times)

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141300 on: December 21, 2018, 05:15:35 pm »

no habla espaniol

¿Quien no habla español?

Where do you not to speak Spanish?

I never claimed to speak Spanish either.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141301 on: December 21, 2018, 08:49:29 pm »

I used to have a weird dislike of France, the French, and anything related. Then it turned out I apparently had a French ancestor! So I guess I kinda had to get past that. These days I think the French language actually sounds rather cool... A Very Secret Service probably helped with that.
Then it turns out I actually didn't have a crazy French ancestor after all, said crazy ancestor was actually German or some shit.

* Yoink shrugs.
Je M'en Fous.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141302 on: December 21, 2018, 08:56:54 pm »

Yo hablo español, estoy abierto a darle clases a cualquiera de ustedes por unos centavos para poder comer  ;D jajajaja
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #141303 on: December 21, 2018, 08:58:44 pm »

I used to have a weird dislike of France, the French, and anything related. Then it turned out I apparently had a French ancestor! So I guess I kinda had to get past that.

Well, you had two other choices. Either the ancestor was a Parisian, in which case you can still hate the rest of the country, or he was from the rest of the country, in which case you can still hate Parisians.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #141304 on: December 21, 2018, 09:01:08 pm »

You don’t speak Spanish, you speak some impure colonial nonsense.

I mean, probably. I don’t speak Spanish or... whatever dialect of Spanish of Southern/Central American* has.

*’cause it’s all the same, being a massive continent with different countries and cultures and all that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141305 on: December 21, 2018, 09:30:37 pm »

You don’t speak Spanish, you speak some impure colonial nonsense.

I mean, probably. I don’t speak Spanish or... whatever dialect of Spanish of Southern/Central American* has.
It's... spanish. Granted, we have an entirely different accent from Spain, and it might even seem like two different languages (specially if talked rapidly) to someone that doens't speak spanish, but it's officially the exact same language.

Then there's "neutral spanish" which is used on movie dubs but in reality is just Mexican without any perceivable accent. It used to be made in Venezuela too but not anymore.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141306 on: December 21, 2018, 09:34:08 pm »

Ba'al I am at the last season of your show and you are a smarmy little Gou'ald villain aren't you yes you are.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141307 on: December 21, 2018, 10:13:44 pm »

Since I mentioned/alluded to it briefly in another post in another thread I should probably finally get around to saying this here...
Actually I've been meaning to post this WTF for probably at least a few months now, at least. It's just, I'm not entirely sure how or what I feel about it, so it's kind of hard to put into words and usually when the idea of posting about it occurred to me I shoved it aside 'cause too much thinking was involved.

Anyway: after years of referring to myself as being obsessive-compulsive and always having to append a mumbled disclaimer of "well, y'know, not diagnosed or anything, but it's quite clear nonetheless", (or more likely just not talking about it) it turns out I actually was officially diagnosed with OCD years ago. That info was apparently stashed away in a certain employment-related government agency's files on me. Huh! Vindication! Weird!

Yes, that's it, and since as I mentioned above I am not sure entirely how or what I feel about this realization (I think I'm gonna go with a mix of surprise (the main one), vindication, smugness and a creeping sense that I could have rubbed everyone's noses in my legitimate OCD more often over the years) I will leave it at that.   
Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go make a nice hot cup o' coffee and give it sixteen stirs before tapping the spoon eight times on the side of the mug. ^-^   
Booze is Life for Yoink

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141308 on: December 21, 2018, 10:56:39 pm »

Ba'al I am at the last season of your show and you are a smarmy little Gou'ald villain aren't you yes you are.
Well, I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141309 on: December 22, 2018, 12:38:21 am »

Well, I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

I cant work under these conditions...

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141310 on: December 22, 2018, 05:18:16 am »

And let's face it, it is Ba'al's show. I know the episode is going to be good if it's got Ba'al in it.  The tok'ra can go and suck a dick.  I would watch an entire series of SG1 that just had Ba'al, Bra'tac and Teal'c chatting to each other and getting things done.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141311 on: December 22, 2018, 05:19:37 am »

How many frigging apostrophes do you need?!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141312 on: December 22, 2018, 05:24:36 am »

How many frigging apostrophes do you need?!   

I did actually have a look down the list of Goa'uld names to see how many have no apostrophes. It's about 2-1 in favour of those little sky commas.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #141313 on: December 22, 2018, 08:40:31 am »

Sky God Comma
Love, scriver~

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile