Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9410 9411 [9412] 9413 9414 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14548630 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141165 on: December 18, 2018, 05:35:21 am »

I am currently reading a book which takes place in a semi-biblical end-of-times, with wars between angels (who are asshole rapists) and "the resurrected" which for all ends and purposes act like Romero Zombies (of the infectious sort). People cheer on them whenever they eat an angel though, because at least they can sort of empathize with the former. Yeah, it's a very odd novel
I'm sad because I don't know which book was this
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #141166 on: December 18, 2018, 05:40:16 am »

Honestly, even extreme annoyance probably isn't justification for murder.

I'd dispute that claim. Some people really are alive only because it's illegal to kill them

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141167 on: December 18, 2018, 07:53:35 am »

I'd dispute that claim. Some people really are alive only because it's illegal to kill them

I'd reckon about 100%.  Everyone pisses off someone.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #141168 on: December 18, 2018, 08:18:28 am »

You've just been conditioned to think that way in any case.   

This sounds like a quick and easy way to invalidate any point Egan (or for that matter anyone else) tries to make about how killing some annoying person might not be too morally acceptable.

Thing is, I don’t think Bethesda did this just because of moral qualms that they were “conditioned to think”.

I doubt that many stores would stock the game on shelves if word got out that children were killable. Probably more than a few people “conditioned to think that way” who would object to the idea of allowing a game where you could kill children (EDIT: In all three dimensions and not just isometrically, at that!) to be sold.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 08:36:30 am by AzyWng »

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #141169 on: December 18, 2018, 09:00:13 am »

I'd reckon about 100%.  Everyone pisses off someone.

Think of it like that : in a lawless world where you have a BFG and a loose trigger, and everyone around you wants to murderate you, would you tolerate your annoying neighbour's kids ? I'm like, sorry bernard, but your gnomes gotta go
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 09:03:23 am by Cathar »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #141170 on: December 18, 2018, 09:06:40 am »

Also I doubt many Fallout (any #) players sit down before killing anyone and ponder whether the death would be justifiable, never mind if it's a character who actually gives them grief and causes inconveniences.     

Quicksaving counts as sitting down
Love, scriver~

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #141171 on: December 18, 2018, 10:01:23 am »

I would smoke every last child if the games would just let me, it's only fair

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #141172 on: December 18, 2018, 10:10:08 am »

Winners don't smoke.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141173 on: December 18, 2018, 10:24:24 am »

Obligatory
(The dovahkiin is great with kids)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #141174 on: December 18, 2018, 10:31:17 am »

This is why gamers can't sit next to kids in planes

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #141175 on: December 18, 2018, 10:32:37 am »

Winners don't smoke.
Unless you're playing Battlefield V.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #141176 on: December 18, 2018, 10:49:37 am »

"Babies, folks, they are a bunch of losers"

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141177 on: December 18, 2018, 11:10:30 am »

This is why gamers can't sit next to kids in planes

Good, why would anyone want to sit next to kids on an airplane.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141178 on: December 18, 2018, 11:13:03 am »

Bumped into a game on Steam via my suggestion list, started checking it out and reading reviews. One negative review stood out with a fair number of "helpfuls", where the author mentioned that they'd been following and playing the game for quite some time, but that they were forced to give a negative review on account of the developers responding harshly and immaturely to any criticism of the game, including deleting threads/posts and even taking over and claiming ownership of threads.

It's a pretty hefty accusation, so I checked out the Steam boards to see what I could see. I searched for the reviewer, saw that he'd been banned, and also saw that he spent most of his time being a belligerent ass.

So I left a comment on the review mentioning the weight of his accusations, and asking if he had any evidence on hand to back them up.

I came back a while later, saw that my comment wasn't there. I figured I might've forgotten to post it the first time or whatever, so I asked again about substantiating his claims.

Checked back the next day, yep... Comment was gone again. This fucker's deleting my comments asking for him to confirm that the devs are unfairly censoring the boards by deleting comments.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #141179 on: December 18, 2018, 11:29:04 am »

Bumped into a game on Steam via my suggestion list, started checking it out and reading reviews. One negative review stood out with a fair number of "helpfuls", where the author mentioned that they'd been following and playing the game for quite some time, but that they were forced to give a negative review on account of the developers responding harshly and immaturely to any criticism of the game, including deleting threads/posts and even taking over and claiming ownership of threads.

It's a pretty hefty accusation, so I checked out the Steam boards to see what I could see. I searched for the reviewer, saw that he'd been banned, and also saw that he spent most of his time being a belligerent ass.

So I left a comment on the review mentioning the weight of his accusations, and asking if he had any evidence on hand to back them up.

I came back a while later, saw that my comment wasn't there. I figured I might've forgotten to post it the first time or whatever, so I asked again about substantiating his claims.

Checked back the next day, yep... Comment was gone again. This fucker's deleting my comments asking for him to confirm that the devs are unfairly censoring the boards by deleting comments.
What?? People can delete comments on their own reviews?
Pages: 1 ... 9410 9411 [9412] 9413 9414 ... 11038