Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9405 9406 [9407] 9408 9409 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14549980 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141090 on: December 15, 2018, 04:47:49 am »

...so it's probably something like that but for my feet... but what the hell is that?
Stink lines. Definitely stink lines, like one would usually see in cartoons. They're real, people!   

I'm sure the skunk would have had some of its own if you inspected it closely. (That sounds cute as heck, by the way.)   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141091 on: December 15, 2018, 06:03:27 am »

My sinus infection is getting worse. Nose will not stop running, and I think some fluid got into my left ear so now that hurts.

My ISP is shoving adverts into my browser. When I first opened the window, a third of the page was taken up by an advert for Disney On Demand. They have the nerve to say that their advertisements are designed to be not intrusive.
Where do you live where an ISP can do that and stay in business? I'd already be calling their competitor.

It's Optimum.
Which antibiotics are you taking?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141092 on: December 15, 2018, 06:40:10 am »

None. Going to the doctor is out since I still have a very shitty insurance until the first of the year - so bad the last time I looked they have a class-action against them for charging co-pays higher than the actual purchase price of prescriptions(it's called "clawing" and it's illegal). Not sure if it's a viral infection either, in which case antibiotics are very counter-productive.

Did learn that eating/drinking something hot eases the congestion considerably, for reasons that, in hindsight, are stupidly obvious.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141093 on: December 15, 2018, 06:55:08 am »

OK, I will now teach you how to clean your nose.

Take a syringe (5cc one is fine), and fill it with saline solution. Remove the needle.

If you don't have saline solution then do this: Boil a cup of water and half teaspoon of salt in a pot with the lid on for 15 minutes, let it cool without opening the lid and then pour it on a sterilized container (a previously boiled plastic bottle or something).

If you haven't removed the needle, then remove the needle. So all you have is the plastic tube.

Put it on one of your nostrils and push the liquid out as fast as you can. It will hurt as hell, then do it on the other nostril.

Repeat at least one more time and no more that 3 times.

See how all the mucous flows out (not a pleasent sight).

Be relieve for a few hours (or at least a while).

????

Profit.

This will save you big money on nose drops which mostly are saline solution themselves and don't really clean troughly your nose.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 06:57:46 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141094 on: December 15, 2018, 07:07:12 am »

... Or you could invest in the personal waterboarding device "Navage" nasal cleansing system.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141095 on: December 15, 2018, 07:35:29 am »

... Or you could invest in the personal waterboarding device "Navage" nasal cleansing system.
Just remember to properly boil/salt the water before using it, so you don't accidentally infect yourself with a brain-eating amoeba.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141096 on: December 15, 2018, 08:59:51 am »

Just had an unusually pleasurable wee. Disturbingly so. I hope my weiner isn't somehow malfunctioning. :<   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141097 on: December 15, 2018, 09:38:05 am »

Brain eating what now?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141098 on: December 15, 2018, 10:24:36 am »

Just decided I wouldn't mind listening to some music, and further decided on Windhand's newest album as a decent choice to start off with. I opened one of my YT tabs to search for it, but boom! - there it was, already in the recommended videos to the right.
Does this mean mind-reading, or am I just some sort of psychic/technomancer? The second option would be pretty cool, not to mention less terrifying...   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #141099 on: December 15, 2018, 10:35:20 am »

2) You know how you can see your breath in cold weather? I noticed I can see... well, something that looked remarkably like come out from around my feet. Yes, my feet. Just wearing sneakers, nothing that explains it away. Coming from my shoes themselves? Or perhaps my pants somehow? I don't know. But it was definitely there. For what its worth, it was cold enough to see my breath, so it's probably something like that but for my feet... but what the hell is that?

Probably sweat from your body. Some years ago I was playing basketball with some friends in an outdoor court and both one of them and I were practically steaming. It was late in the afternoon in the winter so a combination of the electrical lightning and and the low temperature made it extremely visible. 

My own WTF moment, a random guy showed up on my door today. He wanted to tell me that "with all the bad stuff that are happening in the world he wonders if god really cares about us". No idea what his deal was. It's usual for "representatives of various charities" to show up during the christmas period but they state clearly for who they supposedly work.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #141100 on: December 15, 2018, 10:50:40 am »

2) You know how you can see your breath in cold weather? I noticed I can see... well, something that looked remarkably like come out from around my feet. Yes, my feet. Just wearing sneakers, nothing that explains it away. Coming from my shoes themselves? Or perhaps my pants somehow? I don't know. But it was definitely there. For what its worth, it was cold enough to see my breath, so it's probably something like that but for my feet... but what the hell is that?

My own WTF moment, a random guy showed up on my door today. He wanted to tell me that "with all the bad stuff that are happening in the world he wonders if god really cares about us".
Of course. All gifts are accepted by Aranaktu
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141101 on: December 15, 2018, 11:09:18 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:18:41 pm by dragdeler »
let

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #141102 on: December 15, 2018, 12:55:33 pm »

Quote from: Kel'Thusad (warcraft 3)
I always wanted to start my own religion.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #141103 on: December 15, 2018, 04:22:32 pm »

Welp, today's sad just became a wtf. Left the house for work this morning and saw a dead cat outside our driveway. Usual story, the road claims another outside pet. Looked like one of ours, didn't have time to stop and really check.

I come home this afternoon and the one it looked like was dead was chilling on our porch as per (purr) usual. Apparently it was some other cat that could have been a twin to one of ours that got hit. I guess it's good (?) news since it means one of the friendly cats are still living...? Insofar as a cat dying can be good news. Less bad? I'unno.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141104 on: December 15, 2018, 04:33:26 pm »

Welp, today's sad just became a wtf. Left the house for work this morning and saw a dead cat outside our driveway. Usual story, the road claims another outside pet. Looked like one of ours, didn't have time to stop and really check.

I come home this afternoon and the one it looked like was dead was chilling on our porch as per (purr) usual. Apparently it was some other cat that could have been a twin to one of ours that got hit. I guess it's good (?) news since it means one of the friendly cats are still living...? Insofar as a cat dying can be good news. Less bad? I'unno.

You have not seen a glitch. Everything is behaving as it should.

Carry on.
Pages: 1 ... 9405 9406 [9407] 9408 9409 ... 11038