Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9400 9401 [9402] 9403 9404 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14550629 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141015 on: December 11, 2018, 10:41:54 pm »

Maybe, maybe not, but I'm impressed that pendulums on the same wall have harmonics like that.  I would not have guessed such influences would work so quickly.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141016 on: December 11, 2018, 11:18:48 pm »

Hit a cat with my car on the main road on my way home from work today.  Going about 40 mph (5 under the limit as the road is not particularly busy this time of night) did not have time to react before I hit it, I barely even saw it, just a flash of grey in front of the hood in the lights then a quiet thunk from the passenger side fender, then the sound of tires screeching as I hit the brakes.

Circled around and didn't see the cat but by then the traffic had picked up and I could not really go slowly enough to check thoroughly.  I imagine I would have knocked it off the road anyway at the angle I appeared to have hit it, and it probably didn't catch a tire.   Got home and no damage to the car and no blood, so I think maybe I only clipped it, but there is cat hair stuck in the front fender.

First off odds of cat survival?  And 2, WTF you'd think urban cats would equate large bright loud fast moving metal death machines to a predator and stay out of their way. 

That cat had to have seen it had absolutely no chance of getting across that lane, and there were no other cars nearby. I'm honestly surprised it made it to the passenger side fender, because that thing crossed right into the lights from the drivers side probably only a car length away,
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141017 on: December 12, 2018, 03:14:22 am »

I'm no expert in... umm, car-impact-ology, but I'd say a cat has pretty good odds of surviving that. Might not even be injured, depending on the angles and such. Cats are pretty light and flexible, which would help them survive a blunt force over its whole body. It's basically the same as hitting the ground hard, which cats are famously good at surviving.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141018 on: December 12, 2018, 03:14:44 am »

First off odds of cat survival? 
There's no way to guess without knowing how many lives it had remaining.   

Also, I made it through the day without undue embarrassment arising from my (very minor judging from Doctor Poo's description) trackmark. Yay!

Oh, and a bonus WTF: fairy floss=candy floss=cotton candy?? I'm not sure I'd even heard the middle one before. Crazy stuff.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #141019 on: December 12, 2018, 03:58:51 am »

fuck me smash ultimate has a fucking undertale reference in it
Quote from: Smash Ult Loading Screen
Unlike Link or Young Link's down air, Toon Link's doesn't bounce when you hit an opponent. If you try to dunk on an opponent, you're gonna have a bad time.
(emphasis mine)

How tf did that game become so culturally pervasive (invasive?) for things like this to happen?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141020 on: December 12, 2018, 04:01:57 am »

Bein' good, mostly.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141021 on: December 12, 2018, 04:14:02 am »

Uh, I'm pretty sure that's a South Park reference. Check yourself before you etcetera etcetera.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #141022 on: December 12, 2018, 06:20:06 am »

That hint was in Smash for Wii U a full year before Undertale came out anyway

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #141023 on: December 12, 2018, 06:55:16 am »

I don't think it's a South Park reference unless it's "if you x when you should've y'd, you're gonna have a bat time"
Love, scriver~

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141024 on: December 12, 2018, 07:34:48 am »

It’s South park. Not that Undertale didn’t have their own cool menacing thing.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141025 on: December 13, 2018, 07:04:25 am »

Internet just went on the fritz for long enough for me to become sufficiently bored to write a long-neglected journal entry out of desperation, finishing off my current book and clearing out some of the backlog of recent and important thoughts kicking about in my head that haven't disintegrated into mush yet. 

How nice. I just wish I didn't have to wait until such extremes of impatience, boredom and frustration brought on by dodgy internet before doing so. >:(   

BREAKING: WTF was that noise? Sounded like, I don't know... a small, quieter-but-still-kinda loud version of a firework, seemingly coming from the next room. Like a booming 'pop' sound followed by rustling. There was what I thought like a cat meowing loudly just before, too, but it stopped as soon as I opened my door to go investigate.   
I had thought perhaps it was Aids Cat (don't worry it's just a nickname, he probably doesn't really have feline AIDS) meowing at the back door, since my housemates have apparently started feeding the poor guy... perhaps he has staged some sort of noisy and destructive break-in in order to be reunited with my housemates' cat??
Heck if I know. My jimmies were a tad rustled by that weird noise in any case. o_o   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141026 on: December 13, 2018, 09:21:35 am »

Had a sinus infection since yesterday. For the past couple of hours, felt a constant runny nose. Then I blew my nose, and blasted out a large glob of bloody phlegm. Instantly felt a lot better.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141027 on: December 13, 2018, 09:32:25 am »

Had a sinus infection since yesterday. For the past couple of hours, felt a constant runny nose. Then I blew my nose, and blasted out a large glob of bloody phlegm. Instantly felt a lot better.
"Better out than in, I always say!"

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #141028 on: December 13, 2018, 11:57:13 am »

there is _nothing_ more carthartic than suddenly not having a big glob of gooey booger or phlegm in your nose.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #141029 on: December 13, 2018, 01:21:10 pm »

I finally got to try falafel and schwarma.

I was... Expecting something different.

What is that middle eastern meat thing, the big vertical spit with tons of layers that the slice bits off and put it in pita?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 9400 9401 [9402] 9403 9404 ... 11038