Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9390 9391 [9392] 9393 9394 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14554719 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #140865 on: December 07, 2018, 11:22:38 pm »

wasn't DD a bad guy and S a goodin?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140866 on: December 08, 2018, 12:26:42 am »

I don't give a pig's ass what anybody says. I still say you make a hell of a pot of beans.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #140867 on: December 08, 2018, 12:30:47 am »

Who, exactly, threatened pisskops primacy in the bean department?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #140868 on: December 08, 2018, 02:17:27 am »

“Mr President, the Pisskops primacy have been threatened in thr bean department. What is your recommended course of action?”
“ABEEEEEAAAAAANNNNNSSSSSSSS!”
“Of course, sir.”
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140869 on: December 08, 2018, 03:53:08 am »

I have spent like ten minutes total on C:DDA in my life. Maybe I should give it a second shot.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #140870 on: December 08, 2018, 03:55:41 am »

I lost interest in the game in the last couple of years tbh. Too many weird features I didnt like, and dropping performance.

Now if I could figure out which was the last version I liked...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140871 on: December 08, 2018, 04:35:36 am »

I lost interest in the game in the last couple of years tbh. Too many weird features I didnt like, and dropping performance.

Apparently the original creator of Cataclysm (not C:DDA) is making a sequel with a specific focus on not including so many unconnected features.

Dunno at which point it is now though.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140872 on: December 08, 2018, 05:16:52 am »

Apparently the original creator of Cataclysm (not C:DDA) is making a sequel with a specific focus on not including so many unconnected features.

Dunno at which point it is now though.
First we saved the whales, now Whales is saving us.

I'm fine with a Cata version that doesn't have suburban power armor and eight different versions of craftable "blade that is on fire" which are all worse than their component parts because "irony".

And hobo dildos. I'm fine without hobo dildos. Or having "otaku" as a starting class. Or crotchless fursuits in every fourth home.

I can also get along just fine with a version that doesn't include computer viruses and Metal Gear Solid, but that's another matter.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #140873 on: December 08, 2018, 05:29:14 am »

I dont think Whales is really active on that front tbh. I think Cata 2 is pretty much abandoned
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140874 on: December 08, 2018, 05:35:54 am »

I dont think Whales is really active on that front tbh. I think Cata 2 is pretty much abandoned
Just like our efforts to save the whales... Karmaclysm.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140875 on: December 08, 2018, 08:02:28 am »

I bought some heavy duty rollers two years ago and they’ve been sitting on the cabinet next to my door since then. I should have returned them a long time ago but now they give me some weird sense of pride like if there’s an apocalypse in the future and someone is looting my house, i’m gonna be the guy who’s got what they need to fix their big metal doors.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140876 on: December 08, 2018, 11:18:48 am »

First we saved the whales, now Whales is saving us.

I'm fine with a Cata version that doesn't have suburban power armor and eight different versions of craftable "blade that is on fire" which are all worse than their component parts because "irony".

And hobo dildos. I'm fine without hobo dildos. Or having "otaku" as a starting class. Or crotchless fursuits in every fourth home.

I can also get along just fine with a version that doesn't include computer viruses and Metal Gear Solid, but that's another matter.
I don't know if you were *trying* to convince me to give the game another go, but I'm thinking about it now.  Maybe next time I'm bedridden for a few days, so I have time (and fever) to figure out the interface.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #140877 on: December 08, 2018, 01:54:20 pm »

I AM STILL SICK AND AT WORK WHY. EXPLAIN.
CAPITALISM
I was sick on the second week at my new job. With a cold.
I was told to go home for the week and there was low level anger from my line manager* when I didn't.
Problem is, I was told to go home but noone really offered to help me sort out how things would run in my absence. So it was either push through it or risk bad shit happening

*more like the first among peers in our joint. Technically speaking I dont really have a line manager. But insofar as I answer to anyone, I answer to my peers, esp this one.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140878 on: December 08, 2018, 01:57:57 pm »

I AM STILL SICK AND AT WORK WHY. EXPLAIN.
CAPITALISM
I was sick on the second week at my new job. With a cold.
I was told to go home for the week and there was low level anger from my line manager* when I didn't.
Problem is, I was told to go home but noone really offered to help me sort out how things would run in my absence. So it was either push through it or risk bad shit happening

*more like the first among peers in our joint. Technically speaking I dont really have a line manager. But insofar as I answer to anyone, I answer to my peers, esp this one.

That's sort of why I'm here today, I'm the senior person on shift and actually needed to be here. I feel like 100 yards of crocodile poo but also I like my co-oworkers/job/company enough to want to take care of things.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #140879 on: December 08, 2018, 04:43:09 pm »

(Derail removed.  As usual, apologies to the posts that got caught in the middle; it's difficult to separate them out sometimes, especially when there are increasingly valid outgrowths from the original kerfuffle.)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 9390 9391 [9392] 9393 9394 ... 11039