Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9389 9390 [9391] 9392 9393 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14554745 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #140850 on: December 07, 2018, 06:45:53 pm »

I hit a deer. It's head hit the fender and it's hoof got brutally mangled by the tire. It survived and was in agony so I shot it in the head (after five failed attempts because adrenaline). A Conservation agent happened to be driving home and helped me drag it out of the road. A friend came and picked it up to butcher it for me.

I'm so shaky.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #140851 on: December 07, 2018, 06:50:55 pm »

I hit a deer. It's head hit the fender and it's hoof got brutally mangled by the tire. It survived and was in agony so I shot it in the head (after five failed attempts because adrenaline). A Conservation agent happened to be driving home and helped me drag it out of the road. A friend came and picked it up to butcher it for me.

I'm so shaky.

Not sure if you also needed to inform the police, as I would have to do that here in the dairyland.

Glad you’re alright though, and that you’re putting the carcass to good use :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140852 on: December 07, 2018, 06:57:47 pm »

Jesus, yeah, that's definitely a shock. Shame about it surviving the initial impact, but at least you didn't get hurt and you had the capability to give it a quicker death.

I have to admit though, the "five failed attempts" comment made me think of this.

I apologize for my brain's irreverence.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140853 on: December 07, 2018, 07:01:22 pm »

I'm outside city limits and the CA probably would have mentioned it if I needed to.

And I'm not going to dishonor that poor creature by wasting it's body after accidentally killing it. Plus venison is delicious.

Jesus, yeah, that's definitely a shock. Shame about it surviving the initial impact, but at least you didn't get hurt and you had the capability to give it a quicker death.

I have to admit though, the "five failed attempts" comment made me think of this.

I apologize for my brain's irreverence.

... I was farther away but yes.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #140854 on: December 07, 2018, 07:14:23 pm »

Don't think it'd be the cops, but probably fish and game or whatever? You'd think the CA would mention something but folks can just forget, et al.

Depending on the state there's varying regs regarding what you do about roadkill, especially if there's subsequent shots fired. Probably wouldn't be a big deal regardless, but better safe than sorry if you can handle it with a phone call or somethin'.

You could probably craft your own stand for way, way less than the asking price there.
Rackmount isn't a stand, exactly, though yeah, building something would be a lot cheaper. I'm just not exactly craft inclined at the best of days and really don't want to fuck around with it these days, regardless.

It's just pretty weird to me that the closest to what I'm looking for that seems to be on the market is a friggin' half-k+ thing designed for specialty IT/server work. You'd think something like an integrated keyboard/monitor, or just something that makes a monitor more stable without friggin' screwing it into something would be more of a thing. There just doesn't seem to be anything normal-civilian-ish out there for making a LCD screen able to stay up like a laptop's.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140855 on: December 07, 2018, 07:22:31 pm »

I'm so shaky.
Did you check for ticks? Deer tend to be full of them so there’s a pretty big risk of getting Lime disease. Thankfully you have 2 days to get them removed, and even if you do get lime, it’s treatable in the early stages.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140856 on: December 07, 2018, 07:29:27 pm »

We're entering into moose season in Norway, with snow covering most of the country and with very short days followed by very long and very dark nights.

This is not a season for going out and hunting moose, this is a season for trying to avoid the moose that are hunting you. Due to Norway's restrictive gun ownership laws, moose do not carry handguns to put you out of your misery if you have the misfortune of crashing into one.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #140857 on: December 07, 2018, 07:34:16 pm »

Moose bites can be pretty nasty
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140858 on: December 07, 2018, 08:00:15 pm »

I haven't seen that movie. :o

I swear I watched something recently that involved someone missing repeatedly with a gun, but I can't for the life of me remember what.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140859 on: December 07, 2018, 08:02:43 pm »

@Frumple She WAS fish and game. She's a Conservation Agent for the Department of Wildlife Conservation. Fish and Game Warden.
He's fucking with us.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #140860 on: December 07, 2018, 08:50:47 pm »

We're entering into moose season in Norway, with snow covering most of the country and with very short days followed by very long and very dark nights.

This is not a season for going out and hunting moose, this is a season for trying to avoid the moose that are hunting you. Due to Norway's restrictive gun ownership laws, moose do not carry handguns to put you out of your misery if you have the misfortune of crashing into one.

Well... at least you have some experience for when the Cataclysm occurrs?

Spoiler: If you don't get it (click to show/hide)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #140861 on: December 07, 2018, 09:33:23 pm »

@Frumple She WAS fish and game. She's a Conservation Agent for the Department of Wildlife Conservation. Fish and Game Warden.
One outside the office, silly :P

But yeah, if they didn't care you're probably in one of the areas that don't care. Still, I'd probably call to check, personally. Maybe throw them an email through a throwaway account if I were feeling paranoid, I'unno. Don't like to leave potential bureaucratic time bombs laying around if I can remember long enough to make sure they're defused.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140862 on: December 07, 2018, 10:09:19 pm »

Well... at least you have some experience for when the Cataclysm occurrs?

Spoiler: If you don't get it (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #140863 on: December 07, 2018, 11:17:00 pm »

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #140864 on: December 07, 2018, 11:21:42 pm »

adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 9389 9390 [9391] 9392 9393 ... 11039