Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9383 9384 [9385] 9386 9387 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14556152 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #140760 on: December 02, 2018, 05:22:55 pm »

Back when I knew anything about anything koss was all the rage
Koss makes good shit.

What's koss?

Some would say Kosm
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140761 on: December 02, 2018, 09:09:21 pm »

plant eyes in our brains

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #140762 on: December 02, 2018, 09:16:25 pm »

I'm messing around with a prehistoric laptop, currently running Arch with no X installed... The forum works shockingly well in w3m.

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140763 on: December 02, 2018, 11:22:49 pm »

Earlier I was feeling famished in the city and popped into a favourite (very cheap) restaurant of mine, a little open-fronted Indian place in a mildly dingy ground-floor shopping arcade, presumably run by Hare Krishnas or some similar sect.
As I sat awaiting my meal, this guy comes into view in front of the shop. He appears to be homeless at first glance (not to mention second, third, and every subsequent glance), clad in mangled exercise shoes and a raggedy old black coat. He labours along with the awkward, uneven gait of the moderately crippled or otherwise disabled, and in one hand is clutched a plastic bag of gods-know-what. It looked... kinda goopy, in the way it bulged out of the bag in a solid mass.
My first, idle thought as I watched this one-man procession was "oh eww, is that a bag of poop? Is he going to dump it on their sign or something?" as he approached the restaurant's sandwichboard out front, but he walked straight past it and pushed his way through a plain, hitherto unnoticed door in the wall of the arcade.

All I could glimpse of the mysterious room beyond was what appeared to be some kind of trolley or other wheeled apparatus, piled high with similar bags of whatever. I don't know what was in them, why he was collecting them, or what arrangement he had with whoever was giving him these bags, but it all struck me as rather modern-day Dickensian.   

The food was good, by the way, as per usual! Unfortunately the employee I spoke to couldn't tell me what the delightful music that came on halfway through my meal was, though. Apart from the very helpful detail that it was "Hindi music". Doesn't really narrow it down a great deal. Oh well. I think I'll go listen to some Dead Can Dance as a substitute, a mixture of that and Om is kinda what it reminded me of.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140764 on: December 04, 2018, 02:08:04 pm »

Someone rang our apartment from the front door, then shortly after rang the physical doorbell directly outside the apartment, then knocked a few times. We're not expecting anyone, there's been no mention of an upcoming inspection, and this is the second time this has happened in the past few days.

Nevermind the fact that the dogs go absolutely mental because they think one of their favorite people is coming to visit them, but the GF is even more asocial than I am and is now turning off lights and hiding herself inside the bathroom.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #140765 on: December 04, 2018, 02:16:46 pm »

That's why I own guns, Kagus. It makes answering the door far less nerve-wracking.

Also Snow (Hey oh) by Red Hot Chili Peppers is fucking my mind up atm
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #140766 on: December 04, 2018, 02:18:45 pm »

The guns don't even have to be legal! My uncle made his own ones.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #140767 on: December 04, 2018, 02:21:31 pm »

The guns don't even have to be legal! My uncle made his own ones.

This is true. An appropriately sized tube + stopper w/ fuse hole can easily be made into a shotgun.

Also all my hair is the same length as my near-invisible facial hair (I have goat scruff atm) and it's amusing me.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140768 on: December 04, 2018, 02:21:38 pm »

Package delivery, perhaps?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140769 on: December 04, 2018, 02:36:18 pm »

Neither of us is expecting anything, and even if they did somehow convince themselves that they'd need a signature, they wouldn't know which floor we're on (it's not listed on the mailbox or the address).

They also don't generally come around at 8 PM.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140770 on: December 04, 2018, 02:47:26 pm »

Neither of us is expecting anything, and even if they did somehow convince themselves that they'd need a signature, they wouldn't know which floor we're on (it's not listed on the mailbox or the address).

We do! During the holidays we deliver up until 9:30Pm if you can believe that, and any kind of APT complex should always be a signature or at least left at the APT door.

But if you ain't expecting anything, then I guess it's unlikely to be that. It is gift-giving season, though. I always get a few calls where someone got a surprise gift, be it a nice present, a silly sweater, some dog treats for a guy who doesn't own a dog (from his ex), or a box of dildos with an instructional booklet (from a different guy's ex). One time we caught the latter type of box addressed to one Mr. Barack Obama at his palatial home in the White House. We did not deliver that.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140771 on: December 04, 2018, 03:02:36 pm »

Generally speaking, in Norway it's either delivered via the postal service, in which case you get a package slip in your mailbox, or if it's a private service it gets delivered to one of their pickup points and they just tell you to come and get it.

Except for the one service who has gotten a bit of flak in recent years due to dumping packages outside street addresses (or at least claiming to), and then saying it's "not their problem" if it gets stolen. Nobody we know uses them, for obvious reasons.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140772 on: December 04, 2018, 05:08:50 pm »

Could it just be some stupid teenagers pulling a prank? One of my friends pulled a stunt like that many years ago. It was even at a similar time of day.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140773 on: December 04, 2018, 08:19:41 pm »

So many fuckin' weirdos out and about being weird and shit.
It's broad daylight but I get the feeling it's probably a full moon. That often explains weirdness spikes.

Also, earlier I saw a truck drive past, emblazoned with "Fap" in big artsy letters on the side. Beneath was "Fine Foods" or something along those lines. I'm not sure if it was just the font making it look weird, a really unfortunate choice of acronym, the work of a cheeky vandal, or what. Pretty funny though.

That's why I own guns, Kagus. It makes answering the door far less nerve-wracking.
Pfft, you actually answer the door? Just fire a mortar strike at the general area of your doorstep.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140774 on: December 04, 2018, 10:35:38 pm »

I wonder how long we have until AI gets good enough that you can just legally install a sentry gun on your front door which yells at people to piss off.
Pages: 1 ... 9383 9384 [9385] 9386 9387 ... 11039