Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9369 9370 [9371] 9372 9373 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14558188 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #140550 on: November 28, 2018, 10:01:07 am »

Everyone knows that bestiality is best. It's in the name!

Beestiality
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #140551 on: November 28, 2018, 10:12:51 am »

Huh. I get free homegrown eggs from a guy I know. They're probably way better than anything you could buy.
I'unno. I've had home grown/free range eggs from several different sources, and about the only difference in terms of taste/food stuff I've noticed is the store bought ones tend to provide more egg per egg. Taste is pretty much identical. Add on that someone else washes the chickenshit off for you and, well...

I guess I know the right guy cuz they're all jumbo-sized, with just as much yolk, and much more flavor to both the white and yolk. He also washes them for us.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140552 on: November 28, 2018, 10:17:53 am »

Free range eggs are, as a rule, vastly more nutritious and better tasting than factory eggs.  However, without breaking one open and looking at the contents, you cannot tell a factory egg from a free range one. (Yes, there *ARE* brown factory eggs.)

Factory eggs are produced from chickens that get very little sunlight, do not get to eat anything even resembling a bit of leafy plant matter, nor something as nutritious as a grasshopper.  They are fed a low cost feed made from discarded wheat products that are not suitable for human consumption, that has been amended with chemical additives to make up for the deficits of the diet. The chickens are unhealthy from the diet and the conditions. Likewise, the eggs themselves are nutritionally deficited.

Sadly, many people are so used to factory eggs that when they are confronted with a farm fresh free range one, they think there is something wrong with it, because the yolk is ORANGE. :P

Like this.

(stupid https breaking shit.)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 10:22:21 am by wierd »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #140553 on: November 28, 2018, 10:27:18 am »

Ugh, why would you even eat that? It even looks deficient.

The UK must have better regulations. I've not seen an egg that looks so washed out.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140554 on: November 28, 2018, 10:29:04 am »

Oh hey, it's David "let me vibrate those money chakras out of your wallet" Wolfe.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140555 on: November 28, 2018, 10:36:14 am »

He might be a new age hippy queen,  but he is right about free range eggs having a dark orange yolk.  I can personally confirm.

(but they DO NOT need to be fed kale, and other nonsense like that.  Getting plenty of wild greens and grasshoppers does the trick just fine. Lawn grass tends to be too monoculture for free range chickens though, I am talking "weedy as shit" wild greens. Like a lawn covered in henbit and such.)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 10:40:41 am by wierd »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140556 on: November 28, 2018, 10:54:25 am »

Still feel like shit. I... Guess I picked up some sort of stomach bug? I don't feel feverish, but that seems like it'd make more sense than being queasy-hungover for an entire day.

Or maybe I went from "nauseous because of X, so you can't eat anything" to "nauseous because you haven't eaten anything" without paying attention.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140557 on: November 28, 2018, 11:22:02 am »

If it is ethical for fox, wolves, owls, hawks, and pals to eat meat, it is ethical for humans to do so as well.

I agree, but we do have a lot more responsibility to not fuck things up in the process than most predators. We're too gosh darned powerful to just kill and eat anything we want. But yeah, sometimes there might be a mess caused by something or other getting too populated and wrecking the ecosystem. In that case it would be disastrous to not hunt and rather disrespectful to not eat what we kill.

Well, that's the ethics side of it. I don't always strive to be as ethical as I can imagine possible, because animals are delicious.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140558 on: November 28, 2018, 11:58:06 am »

There is nothing inherently ethical or unethical about the consumption of meat. Rather, the ethics lies in the welfare of the animals we're raising for slaughter.

Did the cow/chicken/pig/meat source get to enjoy its time on earth? Cool, it probably wouldn't have existed if it weren't for us and their species will be preserved as long as we exist.

Otherwise, oops, shitty life and then you're dead. And that's not very cool. I'd source my meats responsibly but I"m a broke guy and can only afford the cheap stuff.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140559 on: November 28, 2018, 12:25:22 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:13:36 pm by dragdeler »
let

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #140560 on: November 28, 2018, 12:39:09 pm »

I'm not entirely sure what you're mad at, but.  Would I be correct that you dislike game theory?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140561 on: November 28, 2018, 12:51:15 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:13:29 pm by dragdeler »
let

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140562 on: November 28, 2018, 01:20:02 pm »

Uh. I think we're asking you to clarify what you mean by "this topic" :P

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140563 on: November 28, 2018, 01:22:14 pm »

I think you're drunk, go home.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #140564 on: November 28, 2018, 02:43:47 pm »

Hehe that feeling that I struggle to bring this across isn't totally unfounded I guess.

Ehm I'd like to answer to your questions but I don't have a lot of context... so after flying over the wiki... I'd like to say that that seems like a more reasonable approach to understanding economic decisions... But I don't know a lot about gametheory and more importantly I think to answer your question in a satisfactory manner, I would need to hear the kind of implications it typically creates in mainstream political arguments. But I doubt that there is such a thing because there are probably more than one approach to each game, or is this purely RNG?  I'm rambling ;D

What do YOU think?  :P
I specifically mention this because the core assumption of game theory is that everyone will act according to their best interests.

So, for example, if you were playing Ticket to Ride, game theory would tell you that it doesn't matter if you block someone else's train, because if they start playing so you'll lose that's not in their interests (i.e. winning).

I specifically mentioned this because of the first sentence of your post.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 9369 9370 [9371] 9372 9373 ... 11040