Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9365 9366 [9367] 9368 9369 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14560813 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #140490 on: November 25, 2018, 11:45:26 pm »

This looks like a "Yes, this is theoretically possible--- NOW PROVEN--- It was theoretically horrible---- NOW PROVEN HORRIBLE.  DO NOT ENCODE OTHER FILES THIS WAY, THEY WILL BE HORRIBLE, WE PROVED IT."

However, their proof of horror makes several glaring errors.  1) It renders vector rectangle primitives; Arguably, larger vectors could be rendered instead. For Anime, which this sample appears to be of, (which is cell shaded animation), reconstruction of the original cell art as vector primatives, and encoded into the subtitle file/track, could result in a horrible re-implementation of shockwave flash, but with better audio channel support.   2) It likely does not attempt to be clever in any way with the subtitle data. (No, bland compression is NOT being clever. If you dont know what I mean, than you dont understand how to be clever with text objects.)

The existence of this file is similar to the rationale behind the kinds of science that win ignobel awards.  They are necessary work, in absurd subjects or absurd edge conditions, used to validate or refine models of knowledge.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140492 on: November 26, 2018, 12:55:04 am »

the video data in the normal container is just blackness.
the video contains a very large subtitle track.
By drawing with vectorial text elements, as encoded in the text stream of the subtitle track, the video's image is generated. (out of the subtitles in the subtitle track.)

why?  Because you can.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140493 on: November 26, 2018, 05:29:49 am »

why?  Because you can.
More precisely, because someone wondered if you could, and energy drinks are a thing.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140494 on: November 26, 2018, 06:06:08 am »

This sort of tippy-taps, maybe?
-snip-
I’m a bit more incredulous at the perfect camera flash.
Someone timed their shot just right.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #140495 on: November 26, 2018, 04:06:35 pm »

Work is a chaotic mess today and yesterday. Everything fucks up at the same time. I am so tired now. So tired.

Why the fuck does the universe have to work the way murphy says it does? Who gave that asshole the keys anyway?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 04:10:03 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140496 on: November 26, 2018, 04:55:22 pm »

Work is a chaotic mess today and yesterday. Everything fucks up at the same time. I am so tired now. So tired.

Why the fuck does the universe have to work the way murphy says it does? Who gave that asshole the keys anyway?
Nobody; they just fell out of a hole in the pocket of the dude who was capable of running a proper universe and Ol' Murph just happened to be walking behind him at the time.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140497 on: November 26, 2018, 11:02:22 pm »

Naturally, if your keys fall out of your pocket the person who picks them up will be an asshole.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #140498 on: November 26, 2018, 11:15:13 pm »

Naturally, if your keys fall out of your pocket the person who picks them up will be an asshole.

What if they return them, huh? Huh!? Cynicism. Pah!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140499 on: November 26, 2018, 11:37:59 pm »

Someone let their dog shit on the sidewalk in front of the store I work at today.  At least, I hope it was a dog.   WTF people have some common decency.  I hope your dog sees that as a sign that it's ok to shit on your floor when you get back home.

Spoiler: work update (click to show/hide)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140500 on: November 26, 2018, 11:52:34 pm »

So, I come within a few mm of calling in sick today, because of the mystery shits that last 2 hours, then mysteriously relent.

I come to work, and EVERYONE is incontinent. Like, "What has the prior shift been doing all damn day?!" incontinent.  My co-worker loses it after we get to our 3rd hall, and bails in tears.

I get 30 old people to myself tonight. Yay.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140501 on: November 27, 2018, 04:46:45 am »

Seems to be a shitty day all around, then.

Personally, it's my sleep that has shat itself... y'know those dreams where you wake up and go about the day for a while, before actually waking up later?

Well, I had one of those, except I was dreaming that I had that sort of dream. And when I "woke up" from that dream into the dream above it, man, my dream-self was fucked. I looked in a mirror and the entire side of my face was concave and this blotchy crimson color thanks to how hard I was apparently mushing my face into the... I think I'd been sleeping on a footstool or something.

While waiting for that to clear up, I tried moving around the house only to discover that 1) I had lost nearly all my balance and motor control thanks to my body still being mostly asleep, and 2) The house was a broken-down mess, with effectively open-air plumbing and corridors too small to fit through.

I then discovered that one of my eyes had transplanted itself onto my buttcheek, and eventually stumbled out the door only for the butt-eye to inflate massively and drag me up into the air as onlookers pointed and gasped at the sight. Also I started glowing for some reason.

And then I woke up again. Needless to say, I don't feel particularly well-rested.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140502 on: November 27, 2018, 05:32:20 am »

Are you sure you're awake now? Examine your butt in the mirror, just in case.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140503 on: November 27, 2018, 06:02:47 am »

Are you sure you're awake now? Examine your butt in the mirror, just in case.
Not sure why doing that hadn't occurred to me earlier... Oh well.

Hindsight is 20/20.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #140504 on: November 27, 2018, 06:03:55 am »

You can't sleep now - there are monsters nearby.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 9365 9366 [9367] 9368 9369 ... 11040