Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9357 9358 [9359] 9360 9361 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14561685 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #140370 on: November 21, 2018, 07:56:14 pm »

He's the guy who told neets to clean their rooms and said society is run by lobsters, also he's another bloody centrist and probably works for the CIA :P
More seriously I'm fairly certain the controversy surrounding him has been manufactured with his cooperation, to lend counter-culture credibility to his mundane opinions. If you cut away his cult following and the interviewers hyping each other for conflict, he'd be indistinguishable from any other pundit saying modern life is worthy of criticism

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140371 on: November 21, 2018, 08:02:04 pm »

He poisoned our plague, burned our water supply, and delivered crops unto our houses!
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #140372 on: November 21, 2018, 08:11:06 pm »

Gasps
But however will we starve??
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #140373 on: November 21, 2018, 08:18:42 pm »

I get the feeling that as of late everyone seems to be forcing you into groupthink. Eg just because you agree with someone on isolated points seems to generate an expectation of agreeing with that someone in larger issues, when it might actually be the contrary.   
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140374 on: November 21, 2018, 09:24:51 pm »

My WTF is not only that postmodernism is a name for a real thing, but also that postpostmodernism is. But I decided to go further down this rabbit hole, searching for postpostpostmodernism. When that seemed to turn up a bunch of google hits, I searched for postpostpostpostmodernism. That had fewer hits, but still a lot. So I went down the rabbit hill even further.

And, uh the biggest WTF of all is that postpostpostpostpostpostpostmodernism had way way more google hits then postpostpostpostpostpostmodernism AND postpostpostpostpostpostpostpostmodernism.

I get the feeling that as of late everyone seems to be forcing you into groupthink. Eg just because you agree with someone on isolated points seems to generate an expectation of agreeing with that someone in larger issues, when it might actually be the contrary.   

There are certainly a lot of issues that are joined at the hip that don't really need to be, but there are some where your stance on one issue should logically inform your stance on many others. I don't think it's at all unreasonable to expect that someone who agrees that you should respect people should also agree that you should respect every intrinsic subgroup of people.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #140375 on: November 21, 2018, 09:50:22 pm »

Idly looking into this labyrinth of refrain thing mentioned in the sales thread. Everything else I'm seeing aside, I cannot help but be amused/confused that roughly the first thing the first (?) named character does is direct a young child to steal a drunk man's goat.

It's not often a game starts off with petty mutton thievery.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140376 on: November 21, 2018, 10:34:18 pm »

Nothing is trustworthy.
This coupled with laziness is why I rarely bother reading the news, from any source.
Also news websites tend to have really awful design. Oh and the constant use of the word "slammed", funny at first but it gets annoying quick.

Yeah, this gets friggin' weird. (Also highly frustrating if your views don't seem to fit in any boxes.)   
Like the alt-right rallying around Milo Yanomonapopsicleis or however you spell it. ???   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #140377 on: November 21, 2018, 10:38:43 pm »

Ahh, the great Greek legend of Popsicleis, Inventor of Greek Fire and Dry Ice both.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #140378 on: November 21, 2018, 10:39:42 pm »

I think the consensus is split between Yogodhim, or Yohforfucksake.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140379 on: November 22, 2018, 02:35:21 am »

Oh yeah, and the actual reason I came into the WTF thread earlier before I got distracted: just finished watching Donnie Darko for the first time.

It's a pretty magnificent film all-round, but my main takeaway from it is:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140380 on: November 22, 2018, 03:20:28 am »

I've got a friend who seems to have gotten a bit sucked in to that side of political YouTube, and he's brought up people like Peterson and Shapiro, and also Yiannopoulos. We both agree that Milo's a troll, but we disagree as to how much respect and admiration that should earn him.

He's used Shapiro as an example of "intellectuals favor the right", but I'm not entirely sold on the fellow.

Oh yeah, and the actual reason I came into the WTF thread earlier before I got distracted: just finished watching Donnie Darko for the first time.

It's a pretty magnificent film all-round, but my main takeaway from it is:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Why are you wearing that stupid rabbit suit?"

"Don't kinkshame me you little bitch."

EDIT: In other news, there's a charity thingy going around on Facebook that just popped up after a friend donated. It's a Black Friday incentive, encouraging people to give money towards the children in Yemen instead of feeding into the consumerism machine.

Black Friday. Kids in Yemen.

I somehow managed to refrain from leaving a very tasteful "That's racist!" comment.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140381 on: November 22, 2018, 04:34:42 am »

There was something that always bothered me about Donnie Darko;  The tangent universe's collapse is inevitable. That means that 7+bn people on earth will die, as will the uncountable number of other lifeforms in that universe.  That's some heavy, fucked up shit.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #140382 on: November 22, 2018, 05:36:11 am »

I went to the doctor yesterday, and he asked me how I was doing.

I told him, 'not too good, doc.  I have this sinking feeling that I won't make it out of this life alive'.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140383 on: November 22, 2018, 05:38:29 am »

I went to the doctor yesterday, and he asked me how I was doing.
Isn't it his job to tell you?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140384 on: November 22, 2018, 05:40:59 am »

That feeling is treatable with a glass of double malt scotch before and after each meal.
Pages: 1 ... 9357 9358 [9359] 9360 9361 ... 11040