Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9349 9350 [9351] 9352 9353 ... 10992

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13507644 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #140250 on: November 19, 2018, 09:14:05 pm »

:| can we not have this particular discussion again?

But, ah, hey, I did notice that there was no disclaimer this time.  Is that a sign of growing comfort?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #140251 on: November 19, 2018, 09:16:28 pm »

It does seem to pop up more or less every single time Truean shows up.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140252 on: November 19, 2018, 09:17:07 pm »

Please don't quote Truean.
Wait, is this another person with the same insane restriction or the same person from before?

Actually, you know what, I don't care, someone who treats others the way this guy does has exhausted my ability for charity.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 11:06:55 am by Maximum Spin »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #140253 on: November 19, 2018, 09:19:07 pm »

Really?

Max, you keep right on following me, and quoting me after being asked not to when I've already convinced one person not to report you this week when you derailed his thread. I am attempting harmony as opposed to disharmony. It's only monday and here you are on thread derail 2?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157225.msg7889001#msg7889001

I could quote his remark about phlegm and forks, but it's better to do this:

Hey Lord Shonus, may I ask if you agree forks go in mouths? Based on your prior post do you also not like putting forks in your mouth after somebody else put one in theirs?

I rarely show you anymore, because when I do, usually to help people, he shows up.....

Will you please stop following me and expressly doing this stuff.... the last post just.... wow.

I have actively helped you avoid trouble. Please stop.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 09:23:43 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140254 on: November 19, 2018, 09:23:14 pm »

Hey Lord Shonus, may I ask if you agree forks go in mouths? Based on your prior post do you also not like putting forks in your mouth after somebody else put one in theirs?
he's not putting the same fork in his mouth
it's a different fork, same pan

I rarely show you anymore, because when I do, usually to help people, he shows up.....
As far as I know this is only the second time I've encountered you, the first time having been about a day ago; unless you're the same person from before, in which case it's the third. I'm not "showing up" anywhere other than... participating in the same forum you do. It's allowed.

Particularly since the previous case consisted of me telling someone "don't be afraid", which is apparently a message you strenuously disagree with.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 09:27:07 pm by Maximum Spin »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #140255 on: November 19, 2018, 09:29:29 pm »

Not you.

My stance on it that while yes, it is a public forum and no laws were broken, nor can one prevented from quoting, it is a breach of etiquette to do so when asked explicitly to not.  Ironic, considering our most recent topic.

Is it really the hill to die on guys?

Fork you guys.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140256 on: November 19, 2018, 09:32:47 pm »

I have no interest in what you consider a breach of etiquette.  It has no bearing on my existence.  I will further note that I have never once quoted someone if they have asked me not to, and rarely quote at all, unless I need to illustrate a specific point.  So you can be as irritated as you want, but don't pretend that you are some form of moral authority here.

Edit: Further, this is very literally the first time I have ever remarked on this subject, so your hostility seems massively misplaced.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 09:34:44 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140257 on: November 19, 2018, 09:35:48 pm »

it is a breach of etiquette to do so when asked explicitly to not.  Ironic, considering our most recent topic.
I would generally consider it supererogatory (uh, that is, not a breach of etiquette but just an unnecessary, extra kindness) but not something I would ordinarily balk at, but I can't realistically keep track of who people are and what their personal quoting preferences may be. I was vaguely aware that at least one person has that hangup here, from a previous encounter, but I honestly still don't know if this is even the same guy. Still, if I was approached kindly I'd have had no problem doing so for as long as I know who is who.

Edit: Further, this is very literally the first time I have ever remarked on this subject, so your hostility seems massively misplaced.
I think the apparent hostility is facetious — mainly because he said "fork", like a joke, and also because I don't think pisskop would be the type to get pissy about that kind of thing, no pun intended. Although I admit I only know who he is very slightly more than the average, since recognising people is, again, really not my strong suit.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 09:37:55 pm by Maximum Spin »

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140258 on: November 19, 2018, 09:37:41 pm »

.... Stop derailing threads. Please?

Jesus, and yeah, T is the only reason I didn't report you. Good god. You've followed her around a lot actually and recently, from that time she tried to help me in my thread to the one where she tried to help somebody getting screwed over by a money order.  She left cause of that for a while too.

Will you just stop? Please?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #140259 on: November 19, 2018, 09:38:55 pm »

Dude, dude. No.... Don't engage, remember?

This isn't what I taught you. Come on. You can't fight everyone in the world who's mean or who you disagree with. I'll still Email you, but we are not doing this. This isn't the way.

I will not be responsible for nuking the WTF thread. I don't care. It's not worth it.

I'll just go.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 09:41:26 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140260 on: November 19, 2018, 09:41:24 pm »

.... Stop derailing threads. Please?
this is the WTF thread

things that make you go WTF are by definition not derailed

I never got the obsession some people have with derailing anyway. Conversations go where they go. So hey, that can also be my WTF!

But also:
Jesus, and yeah, T is the only reason I didn't report you. Good god.
Am I supposed to be afraid of this? I didn't break the rules, I was just trying to help, and you inferred insults that were never there, which is a common trait in depressive patients anyway. Since I didn't break the rules, if you reported me, at worst I'd expect to be asked not to post in the thread anymore... which I already agreed not to do when you asked, noting that you hadn't asked before threatening to report me. I genuinely feel bad for you. I'm not going to stop trying to help, though.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140261 on: November 19, 2018, 09:44:24 pm »

Now you're pushing it a bit Spin, step back a moment and take a few deep breaths.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140262 on: November 19, 2018, 09:46:59 pm »

Now you're pushing it a bit Spin, step back a moment and take a few deep breaths.
...what am I pushing? I'm completely calm. If you don't want to keep talking about this in this thread can you PM me about this or something? Because I genuinely don't see the problem. This is my completely neutral and honest tone.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140263 on: November 19, 2018, 09:48:43 pm »

You may feel calm but the words you are posting can be easily construed as an attack.  I am only suggesting that you step back from this particular argument and maybe take a break for a bit, there isn't a good reason to turn this into a full-fledged battle.

I am not weighing in on either side here, but I don't like to see people get banned, and arguments like this are where that happens.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 09:50:29 pm by NullForceOmega »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #140264 on: November 19, 2018, 09:49:20 pm »

I'm not really sure what just happened here, to be honest.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.
Pages: 1 ... 9349 9350 [9351] 9352 9353 ... 10992