Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9345 9346 [9347] 9348 9349 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14559799 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #140190 on: November 18, 2018, 09:35:22 am »

On a completely different note, I’m rapidly getting disillusioned with Australia’s holiday traditions- that being the imported traditions from the US and England. On an objective level, the Halloween/thanksgiving/christmas trilogy involves a whole bunch of feasting, charity, feasting, decorations, sales, and most importantly calories.

Turns out, those are all amazing things IN WINTER. Depression is absolutely seasonal, and maybe getting some presents or being around horrible family is one step towards mitigating it. Shelters and kitchens get massive influxes of volunteers in a season where the homeless are most at risk of freezing to death.
And oh my god the food. Has anyone tried demolishing a turkey in 100° heat? Hint: your post-thanksgiving nap includes heatstroke.

It’s just boggling that we try to fit all of these traditions in a season where everyone habitually has to look their fittest because whaddya know, summer usually involves swimming. It is not a good time to pack on the food because you’re in the lean months now and fat is warming.

Thankfully we don’t have all three, but boy is it looking like it’ll only be a matter of time.
Meanwhile, you know what we celebrate in June? taxes. Whose freaking idea was this?
If its of any consolation I just got slapped with 30k of taxes  :o
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #140191 on: November 18, 2018, 09:46:50 am »

Pfft, you’re a doctor though. You earned, like, a gajillion k anyway, and hide it in an offshore account with golden syringes or something.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140192 on: November 18, 2018, 10:26:25 am »

I can’t remember but Chairmanpoo is... Chinese expat American?
Isn’t their tax rate like 10-20%?

What kind of spaz celebrates Thanksgiving in Australia?! ???
Spazzes. Best part is, we shouldn’t even be eating Turkey, Potato and Cranberrie even if we are dumb enough to do the “native foods” thing.
Unless it’s scrub turkey (hot tip: it’s worse), we’d eat Kangaroo, bush tomatoes and macadamias. Great.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 10:27:57 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #140193 on: November 18, 2018, 10:41:46 am »

I can’t remember but Chairmanpoo is... Chinese expat American?
IIRC, he's a Basque in Ireland.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #140194 on: November 18, 2018, 10:58:38 am »

He's a Basque in Ireland
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140195 on: November 18, 2018, 11:07:06 am »

He's a Basque in Ireland
The hound of the Basquervilles

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140196 on: November 18, 2018, 11:23:13 am »

... i’m gonna pretend I was thinking of footkerchief.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #140197 on: November 18, 2018, 12:53:42 pm »

... i’m gonna pretend I was thinking of footkerchief.

Well that's a blast from the past. Apparently he's been online recently, just hasn't posted in years. Huh.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140198 on: November 18, 2018, 05:01:32 pm »

I know that I've made bacon-wrapped jalapenos stuffed with cheese before, and cooked them in the microwave. I was going to make them again, but I can't find the recipe. All I can find is warnings about jalapenos bursting into flames when microwaved. Even searching specifically for microwave recipes, all I get are oven or grill recipes.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140199 on: November 18, 2018, 07:11:36 pm »

Look up jalepeno poppers.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #140200 on: November 18, 2018, 09:10:56 pm »

Keep in mind, bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos and breaded stuffed jalapenos are both referred to as poppers. And both reasonably delicious.

Ive never had breaded bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos before but i must conclude they are delicious.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #140201 on: November 19, 2018, 01:29:54 am »

I've been looking for a new laptop for a while - the one I'm using is showing its age and doesn't have very much to speak of as far as graphics go, making it rather unsuited for many, many games.

Also, it has an unfortunate habit of freezing up when I'm trying to do too many things at once (like have Discord and Google Chrome open while downloading something from Steam).

That's not the WTF though.

I was browsing through the list of early Black Friday sales on the Dell laptop website and came across this:

The Dell G5 15 Gaming Laptop.

Also The Dell G5 15 Gaming Laptop.

I can't tell the difference between these two besides a different image when viewed on the Black Friday deals page. Hell, everything on the pages for those two products appears to be the same, except the first one has an offer of "4 years Premium Support for the price of 3".

Is this kind of thing by design, or is it something else?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140202 on: November 19, 2018, 01:50:57 am »

Is this kind of thing by design, or is it something else?
My guess is when they added the "Premium Support" line they reuploaded the product details but forgot to remove the old page.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #140203 on: November 19, 2018, 05:44:37 am »

Had a meeting to discuss the details of some work I'll do for my university in a week or so. Was as nervous as a high schooler at their first job interview right beforehand, for some reason. Weird, man.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140204 on: November 19, 2018, 06:45:14 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:08:24 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 9345 9346 [9347] 9348 9349 ... 11040