Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9298 9299 [9300] 9301 9302 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14529629 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #139485 on: October 31, 2018, 07:15:55 am »

THe man was right

You were downloading a virus

Now you are the virus
Love, scriver~

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139486 on: October 31, 2018, 07:33:02 am »

found a house spider on my sleeve. not unusual, this place crawls with spiders especially as winter draws in. picked it up in my hand to put it somewhere. spider begins trying to bite me...??! scream like bairn and drop spider.

since when do house spiders bite? fuck you spooky halloween shenanigans. spiders taking too much initiative from the latest doctor who episode.

why  :'(

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139487 on: October 31, 2018, 07:36:03 am »

found a house spider on my sleeve. not unusual, this place crawls with spiders especially as winter draws in. picked it up in my hand to put it somewhere. spider begins trying to bite me...??! scream like bairn and drop spider.

since when do house spiders bite? fuck you spooky halloween shenanigans. spiders taking too much initiative from the latest doctor who episode.

Now you understand what we arachnophobes have known for years. Come, join us... Come over to the bright side!

It's bright because we've turned on every goddamn light in the house.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139488 on: October 31, 2018, 07:39:32 am »

Now you understand what we arachnophobes have known for years. Come, join us... Come over to the bright side!

It's bright because we've turned on every goddamn light in the house.

Ohhhhh you turn on the lights! I was wondering how I was supposed to keep everything burning at all times.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139489 on: October 31, 2018, 07:43:18 am »

I've been "bitten" by a common house spider twice, daft little things couldn't get through my skin. I know that in England there are two maybe three native species which actually can get through human skin, all from the same family too, the Steatoda nobilis sometimes gets scare stories written by the media about it, probably because its common name is the False Widow, but outside of exceptional circumstances it cannot kill, but does hurt more than a wasp.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139490 on: October 31, 2018, 07:43:34 am »

Speaking of spiders, I moved into my first house (still renting, but it's not an apartment) a couple of months ago. Spiders everywhere. They seem to have mostly disappeared after a week or so but we still find them.

Like the time the toilet was just slightly running so I looked in the cistern. Big dead spider at the bottom, discolored from the water, with a thin skin of what is probably spider shmoo floating on the water.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139491 on: October 31, 2018, 07:45:30 am »

What is 'spider schmoo'? Is that part of a fetch quest in the beginners area?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139492 on: October 31, 2018, 07:55:22 am »

Be enlightened.

I have decided to call substances "shmoo" if I don't exactly know what they are and don't want to think too much about it. But since you asked, rotten spider bits.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139493 on: October 31, 2018, 08:05:39 am »

Oh I thought schoo was like a nonsense word. Or perhaps an onomatopoeia at the very most, for the sound of squishing something soft.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139494 on: October 31, 2018, 09:40:10 am »

A Shmoo is also a comic book character from Li'l Abner and a specific stage in the budding cycle of yeast.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139495 on: October 31, 2018, 09:53:55 am »

The Shadow of War: Definitive Edition bundle is on sale on Steam. Base SoW is discounted at 66% off, and the bundle including it is then discounted by a further 50%. Great deal, right?

Except... Well... There's something a little funky happening here. The Definitive Edition bundle includes the base game, the Outlaw and Slaughter tribe expansions (weren't there going to be four new tribes? I forget), and the Story Expansions "Blade of Galadriel" and "Desolation of Mordor".

...along with a final product, the Shadow of War Story Expansion Pass. What is the Story Expansion Pass? Well, it includes the "Blade of Galadriel" and "Desolation of Mordor" Story Expansions, of course! And at a slightly discounted price from buying both individually!

...except you're already buying them individually, via the bundle.

The Definitive Edition Bundle lets you pay half price when buying the same thing twice.

It's still cheaper than for a base-game owner to buy all the add-on DLC.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #139496 on: October 31, 2018, 10:34:17 am »

A schmoo drops arkhalis in castlevania
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139497 on: October 31, 2018, 10:48:50 am »

I've been "bitten" by a common house spider twice, daft little things couldn't get through my skin. I know that in England there are two maybe three native species which actually can get through human skin, all from the same family too, the Steatoda nobilis sometimes gets scare stories written by the media about it, probably because its common name is the False Widow, but outside of exceptional circumstances it cannot kill, but does hurt more than a wasp.

Yeah the one that bit me didn't get through the skin either, but you could feel the nip as it attempted to, really freaked me out :(

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139498 on: October 31, 2018, 11:10:56 am »

Not sure why you're picking it up in the 1st place? It's pretty easy to tell which way a spider is headed when it moves, if you put your arm so the path takes it where you want it to go you don't have to touch it. No reason to panic it by actually picking it up.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139499 on: October 31, 2018, 11:57:31 am »

Not sure why you're picking it up in the 1st place? It's pretty easy to tell which way a spider is headed when it moves, if you put your arm so the path takes it where you want it to go you don't have to touch it. No reason to panic it by actually picking it up.

you want me to explain why i picked up something i want to move to another location...? lol
Pages: 1 ... 9298 9299 [9300] 9301 9302 ... 11037