Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9278 9279 [9280] 9281 9282 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14545119 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #139185 on: October 20, 2018, 11:38:18 pm »

It's also nothing new.

I distinctly remember when Bill Clinton was running, that one of his attributes his constituency was harping about was "He's hawt."

Electing politicians based on their actual positions and voting record has been blase' for a good 20+ years, and the supplanting of that by highschool class president popularity metric standards has been a continual process for at least that length of time.

I understand that it is even older than Bill's period. I vaguely remember something about Reagan getting a similar schtick.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #139186 on: October 21, 2018, 01:14:34 am »

The home-wine saga continues: the organization usually pays back certain expenses, as long as you submit a written request. I'm the treasurer, so the documents also go through me. The homebrewer wrote in "sacrificial rituals to the Goddess of Wine" as an item on his request.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #139187 on: October 21, 2018, 03:28:49 am »

Drink wine off the naval of your SO
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139188 on: October 21, 2018, 03:48:13 am »

"Ritual sacrifice to Bacchus" would be much more entertaining.

It would also cover, amusingly, excessive recreational consumption. :P

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139189 on: October 21, 2018, 04:02:14 am »

As well as stripping naked and gibbing a goat with your teeth.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139190 on: October 21, 2018, 02:43:08 pm »

As well as stripping naked and gibbing a goat with your teeth.
I thought that was the entire point of Baccus rituals. :3
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #139191 on: October 21, 2018, 11:54:44 pm »

Holy shit.  Do you remember where you drove, how long you stayed there, and what you did on May 30th?

GOOGLE DOES
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139192 on: October 22, 2018, 12:11:54 am »

Hmph.  When my friend and I were trying to find my car after the fair, it only knew our past-trail in, I want to say, 5-minute increments.

Yeah I know it's dead-easy to record one's parking location with two presses.  My friend did remind me.
But was also really awesome about the entire experience, as we repieced our journey past the stadium, recalling the sunset and the angle.

There was one pair of portapotties which were positioned very poorly.  They were as much a landmark as the football stadium was.

We also had a lot of fun that night, trying to meet up with our friends.  We collectively made a game of it, where the group troll kept posting scenic pics, and we (the smart one and I) figured out the probably location and jogged to it.  To await the next hint.

We spent half the night as a whole group, heh, was a good night.  Spinach Feta wrap isn't meat and that's a neutral statement, it's fucking delicious.

Better than fried Twinkies (tm), I promise that.

Smoked turkey legs... no comment >.>
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139193 on: October 22, 2018, 09:46:17 am »

Drink wine off the naval of your SO

It transpires that sherbert is not an ideal condiment for such activities, as my ex-wife and I became aware early on.  The laughter was worth it though.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #139194 on: October 22, 2018, 11:23:10 am »

I’ve been thinking, because I was picking up a few things earlier, and if someone saw me while I ws doing it they might have had a few questions.
A fully grown adult wearing a blue turtleneck jumper rides past you on a child’s tricycle carrying a pot of organic yoghurt
I would certainly be asking questions, if it wasn’t for the fact that I was too busy riding a tricycle and balancing a pot of organic yoghurt at the same time.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #139195 on: October 22, 2018, 12:11:11 pm »

I would just assume you lost your drivers license due to a DUI, like all the other folks around here that take weird modes of transportation because they got caught driving drunk.
I think the cops even had to take dudes lawnmowers and 4 wheelers away because the alcohics try to get away with driving those down the sidewalk.

But we're a liquor store, so we see all sorts of weird shit like that and drunk driving is usually the reason for it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #139196 on: October 22, 2018, 12:15:35 pm »

I’ve been thinking, because I was picking up a few things earlier, and if someone saw me while I ws doing it they might have had a few questions.
A fully grown adult wearing a blue turtleneck jumper rides past you on a child’s tricycle carrying a pot of organic yoghurt
I would certainly be asking questions, if it wasn’t for the fact that I was too busy riding a tricycle and balancing a pot of organic yoghurt at the same time.

Would one of the questions be "Why is there two of us doing this?"

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139197 on: October 22, 2018, 12:49:38 pm »

I'd probably assume you were under the influence of something or on a dare/ lost a bet

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139198 on: October 22, 2018, 12:54:51 pm »

I know a fellow who has worn a silvery permed bob, a decrepit baseball cap, and half a pound of gaudy jewelry as his standard outfit for the past decade of squirreling away hundreds of gallons of seasonal flavored sodas.

I don't really assume much of strange behavior anymore.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #139199 on: October 22, 2018, 02:21:19 pm »

We have this jackass in india or some shit trolling us by calling every 15 seconds because we wont let them take over our computer and install their malware or whatever. This is a business line so we cant just disconnect the phone for a few hours.

This has been the same guy calling for two years since our dumbass coworker let them in one time and found our billing information and charged us for 120 dollars somehow. Now they just call us to piss us off or theyre hoping to get ahold of some other equally gullible idiot.

I just told them i cant help them because i cant understand their stupid foreign accent. It just pissed them off more :v

Any ideas how we can actually block them? We dont have caller id on this prehistoric landline so we have no idea what their phone number actually is.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 9278 9279 [9280] 9281 9282 ... 11037