Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9266 9267 [9268] 9269 9270 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14546728 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #139005 on: October 16, 2018, 10:25:22 pm »

Re: Cookies
I don't care if the government/Google/the FSB/whatever is logging my internet visits and cookies... it will only ever affect me if I commit a crime.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139006 on: October 16, 2018, 11:01:32 pm »

Different regimes have different definitions of a crime. In some places, simply reading a book with alternative views would have been enough to get you sent to a gulag. Punishments could also be retroactive too. I lost a great-great-uncle (possibly need to add a third great) to the soviets when they came into power because he owned a factory.

And that’s not even mentioning the Nazis...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 11:06:30 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139007 on: October 16, 2018, 11:06:09 pm »

Different regimes have different definitions of a crime. In some places, simply reading a book with alternative views would have been enough to get you sent to a gulag.

And that’s not even mentioning the Nazis...
Russia is not such a regime. But it was in the past.

If I end up in a totalitarian regime? I would just go along rather than rebel. I would only side with the resistance movements if they are close to winning. That maximizes the chances of my survival.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 11:08:25 pm by KittyTac »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #139008 on: October 16, 2018, 11:22:28 pm »

Russia is not such a regime. But it was in the past.

If I end up in a totalitarian regime? I would just go along rather than rebel. I would only side with the resistance movements if they are close to winning. That maximizes the chances of my survival.
Imo you either don't get involved at all or you get involved at the start, one way or another. Otherwise you run the risk of going down with whichever side loses, whilst if you win, whether it's status quo regime or revolutionary regime, at best they'll see you as someone whose help they didn't need, at worse just someone who joined out of panic - having attracted their notice, they will now decide whether you are to be an active participant in the post-rebellion regime or discarded. Either way it's bad news. It's a moot point since most lack the capabilities to be self-sufficient & mobile in the long term, subsequently could not survive their own rebellion. End conclusion: Be overwhelmingly positive in constructing a better future to outlast aforementioned totalitarian regime. Families have better odds of outliving regimes than individuals do

I don't care if the government/Google/the FSB/whatever is logging my internet visits and cookies... it will only ever affect me if I commit a crime.
Is this sarcasm?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139009 on: October 16, 2018, 11:46:00 pm »

Is this sarcasm?
Nope. I genuinely don't give a shit. I'm not a political activist and will never be one due to my beliefs.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 11:53:25 pm by KittyTac »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139010 on: October 17, 2018, 03:15:37 am »

Remember, people get killed for being pregnant while not married, or for being gay in several countries.
Austin Flowers: International Gay of Mystery

Is this sarcasm?
Nope. I genuinely don't give a shit. I'm not a political activist and will never be one due to my beliefs.
We now know that KittyTac has never seen, downloaded or shared the Gay Clown Putin image, nor will they ever see, download or share the Gay Clown Putin image, nor will they ever access or manipulate another individual's accounts or property without that person's express permission.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #139011 on: October 17, 2018, 04:19:52 am »

The problem is certain things, like being gay, is straight up a crime in Russia.

You can't not be gay if you're gay so it's not like you can choose not to commit it.

Plus it shouldn't even be a crime anyways.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139012 on: October 17, 2018, 04:29:20 am »

But I'm not gay, so the point is rather moot.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #139013 on: October 17, 2018, 04:41:18 am »

I did see Gay Putin Clown posts on Imgur's frontpage, but as you see, I didn't get arrested. But then again, Imgur is a foreign/Western site, and pretty much every case of people getting thrown in jail for posting "bad things" on social media was posting them on Russian sites, like Vkontakte. Note that I'm not defending Putinist regime, but merely making some things clear.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139014 on: October 17, 2018, 04:47:40 am »

I'm actually weirdly curious about KittyTac's 'beliefs', despite the... I dunno, insouciance? of the statement.
Not everyone has to be an activist. I just don't like anything which might however minutely slow down my internet. Just lemme see what's available and for how much.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139015 on: October 17, 2018, 04:50:29 am »

It's hard to explain, but I believe that if whatever is happening in the country is none of your business, you should just go along. Which is why I am rather conformist.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 04:52:46 am by KittyTac »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #139016 on: October 17, 2018, 04:53:19 am »

I believe they subscribe to the "Fuck you, got mine" school of politics where as long as it doesn't directly affect them they don't give a shit about anyone else.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139017 on: October 17, 2018, 04:54:17 am »

I believe they subscribe to the "Fuck you, got mine" school of politics where as long as it doesn't directly affect them they don't give a shit about anyone else.
Yep, just exactly that.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139018 on: October 17, 2018, 05:02:20 am »

It does bring a very 'majority rules' idea to the constituency.
Y'know, as long as it's a democracy.

Also, it would allow for a bundle of genocides and oppressions and whatnot, just not against the dominant niche.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139019 on: October 17, 2018, 05:05:42 am »

It does bring a very 'majority rules' idea to the constituency.
Y'know, as long as it's a democracy.

Also, it would allow for a bundle of genocides and oppressions and whatnot, just not against the dominant niche.
I guess. But it works for me, so whatever.
Pages: 1 ... 9266 9267 [9268] 9269 9270 ... 11038