Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9262 9263 [9264] 9265 9266 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14548076 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #138945 on: October 15, 2018, 05:43:38 am »

That is most unfortunate. :(

Not like the US is really the best place anyway. Place really is going to shit fast.
Probably some relatively quiet European country. Norway or Sweden, perhaps?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138946 on: October 15, 2018, 05:45:29 am »

If it were not for the absurd expatriation duties of leaving the US, (seriously, it's some fucked up shit.) I would have moved to someplace warm and remote YEARS ago.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 05:49:40 am by wierd »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #138947 on: October 15, 2018, 05:51:25 am »

I'm happy enough where I am. Granted, the devolved government has yet to evolve a brain - and indeed refuses to sit it's so dysfunctional. And, indeed, we've been killing each other for generations. But it's much better than it was, and the country is beautiful.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #138948 on: October 15, 2018, 05:54:52 am »

Go full Norway. Sweden is still going downhill in a surströmming can.

Although at least in good news, the horrible police restructure I've been ranting about over the last five years was at least partly overturned for my region recently. So now the police might actually be able to begin to function here again. Too bad they're still down like 80% employee numbers though.
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #138949 on: October 15, 2018, 08:32:53 am »

Apparently Sweden suffered the most from the migrant crisis.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #138950 on: October 15, 2018, 09:38:05 am »

I can't fathom where you get these odd ideas about migration intensity.

The majority of migrants are going to southern Europe by sheer geographical proximity, and, indeed, the current EU anti-migration pacts with North Africa's goverments are basically an expansion of the deals Spain has been running with Morocco for the last twenty thirty years.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138951 on: October 15, 2018, 10:05:37 am »

Spain has four times Sweden's population and generally when one talks about it one is referring to numbers of asylum seekers or immigrants which are granted permanent stay. I'm assuming most of Spain's immigrants are seasonal agriculture-related workers, is that correct?
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #138952 on: October 15, 2018, 10:40:13 am »

Well I had in mind irregular immigration mostly.

I found an article from the Guardian and it's supposed to be right there alongside Italy and Greece. Despite the sinister deals with Morocco.

I'm not... overly worried, for the record. I think Spain has bigger problems than migration and in the last few years I've been less and less interested in what happens south of the river Ebro.

As far as marginalized communities are concerned, they're not even the most troublesome. Really, I think violence from roma gypsy (both native and romanian) and latin gangs is far more prominent in the news. And mind you I'm far more concerned with issues such as how right wing parties are seeking to drum up support against basques and catalonians, the heavily fudged separation of powers (really, many of the things Orban gets lambasted for were already being done by Spain. Its only now that it has become obvious in Europe), or the very existence of the monarchy, to name a few
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 12:56:50 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138953 on: October 15, 2018, 01:58:24 pm »

Spent the past 4 hours dismantling everything on my computer desk, clearing the floor of salvageable objects, then sweeping and vacuuming years of accumulated hair and other material. Let's just say, one of my reactions was "Oh hey, there's another carpet under this one". Hence, this thread. Tossed half a box of baking soda onto the carpet, then vacuumed again.

Then I put everything back together, got rid of one of the power strips(which was piggybacking on the other power strip), untangled the plugs, and powered everything on while hoping I didn't accidentally EMP my PC(for the record, this has happened). PC seems to be running better now, actually.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #138954 on: October 15, 2018, 02:06:27 pm »

I found an article from the Guardian and it's supposed to be right there alongside Italy and Greece. Despite the sinister deals with Morocco.

I'm not... overly worried, for the record. I think Spain has bigger problems than migration and in the last few years I've been less and less interested in what happens south of the river Ebro.

As far as marginalized communities are concerned, they're not even the most troublesome. Really, I think violence from roma gypsy (both native and romanian) and latin gangs is far more prominent in the news. And mind you I'm far more concerned with issues such as how right wing parties are seeking to drum up support against basques and catalonians, the heavily fudged separation of powers (really, many of the things Orban gets lambasted for were already being done by Spain. Its only now that it has become obvious in Europe), or the very existence of the monarchy, to name a few
I can't view your guardian article because I don't have an account on the American Society of Hematology lol
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138955 on: October 15, 2018, 02:25:59 pm »

Spent the past 4 hours dismantling everything on my computer desk, clearing the floor of salvageable objects, then sweeping and vacuuming years of accumulated hair and other material. Let's just say, one of my reactions was "Oh hey, there's another carpet under this one".

Scared to think what the inside of your PC looks like.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138956 on: October 15, 2018, 03:41:18 pm »

I mean, I don't think immigration (or rather integration, which is where the problem is) is Sweden's worst problem either. For example, said police restructure outweighs it by a lot. We have huge problems with growing corruption and decay of the state-as-practiced/government spirit as well. Worst of all is how stockholmers have stopped being able to pronounce Ä and Ö, though. That's a fucking national disgrace.
Love, scriver~

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #138957 on: October 15, 2018, 04:22:23 pm »

Worst of all is how stockholmers have stopped being able to pronounce Ä and Ö, though. That's a fucking national disgrace.
How can you even speak Swedish without the Nordic letters? And what about Å?

(Granted, the campy fennoswede accent I use is probably a disgrace to Swedish as well...)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138958 on: October 15, 2018, 04:36:27 pm »

The canvas fairy has left two huge blank canvases on my doorstep. Someone's trying to get me back into painting maybe...   ???

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138959 on: October 15, 2018, 04:59:34 pm »

Decided to plug in my webcam for the first time. Took several minutes finding an already-installed program that could read from it, and then watched myself watching myself. The facial expressions I make are fascinating.

Spent the past 4 hours dismantling everything on my computer desk, clearing the floor of salvageable objects, then sweeping and vacuuming years of accumulated hair and other material. Let's just say, one of my reactions was "Oh hey, there's another carpet under this one".

Scared to think what the inside of your PC looks like.

What's funny is, I haven't had to clean out the CPU fan ever since I got the motherboard. The previous motherboard I had to clean out every few months, increasing in frequency up until it died. It's the same case, so there's no difference in intake.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 9262 9263 [9264] 9265 9266 ... 11038