Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9258 9259 [9260] 9261 9262 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14549305 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #138885 on: October 13, 2018, 11:34:53 am »

Unfortunate. Apply nettles to the diseased area.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #138886 on: October 13, 2018, 11:55:31 am »

I'll need to arrange an expedition to Dublin to get to know her

I thought my capability for crushes ended 8 years ago. 
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138887 on: October 13, 2018, 12:00:01 pm »

NETT-les, friends. N E T T L E S.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138888 on: October 13, 2018, 12:05:05 pm »

I traveled halfway across the US to do that once.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138889 on: October 13, 2018, 12:23:55 pm »

.... truly, I am surrounded by nerds and the socially reclusive.

I do not wish to dwell on why I am here too.

Nope.

No connection.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138890 on: October 13, 2018, 12:29:03 pm »

Unfortunate. Apply nettles to the diseased area.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138891 on: October 13, 2018, 12:33:29 pm »

I have recently been plagued by a very elaborate "dream related" wtf.  I am uncertain how to parse or proceed with it. It's a bit NSFW, so I will spoilerize it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Minus the last paragraph, I occasionally have dreams where I shepherd a pre-sentient species through many aeons, guiding them with my outrageously biased worldviews in an attempt to create a perfect society, learning all the way.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138892 on: October 13, 2018, 12:51:23 pm »

Heh. NEETles.

But also, I once had a dream where I attempted to guide people in a zombie apocalypse, but I was mostly a terrible human and did a bunch of horrible things (abandoned my injured parents, etc) in the name of species survival and then died like a chump at the end so there wasn’t even any ends to justify my means with.
It kinda killed my morning.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #138893 on: October 13, 2018, 02:29:13 pm »

Whats rhis neet thing
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138894 on: October 13, 2018, 02:39:44 pm »

I have recently been plagued by a very elaborate "dream related" wtf.  I am uncertain how to parse or proceed with it. It's a bit NSFW, so I will spoilerize it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Minus the last paragraph, I occasionally have dreams where I shepherd a pre-sentient species through many aeons, guiding them with my outrageously biased worldviews in an attempt to create a perfect society, learning all the way.

That's the thing-- Unlike a normal dream that just wanders all over the place, this one was very structured from the very beginning, and can be given the tone of "I did not set out to become [a world leader and cult messianic figure], I just wanted to [prevent a catastrophe then fade into anonymity], but that is not what happened." Along with "If I had known that this former would happen, I would have done things differently-- but I am honest with myself, and this history, so here is how it went down, warts and all." with overtones of "You can deny the agency of a universe where every possible thing is actually physically real, even if not in your branch of reality, but that does not make 'god' dead, nor make you the master of your own destiny. What you think you do for yourself, you really do for the universe, as it treats you the same as any other matter inside it, and you only exist because it decided that you should."

Yes, it was seriously heavy on sex, relationship complications, inter-racial tensions, and all that stuff-- but it was the fact that it was so very structured, and all the actions that happened in the dream narrative caused certain things that were said to become real, as if guided by an outside agency, which then later appears and basically says "yes, you just THOUGHT these things, but I arranged everything in such a way that you could think no other way, and I made your own excuses to yourself TRUE, and did so for my own reasons."

One of the features was that I insinuated myself as a 'prophet' or other enlightened agent of the 'goddess' (who was just the lead deity of the group I first encountered, likely shaped heavily by the omnipresent (but we know next to nothing about it!) "ashura goddess" religion of early stone-age europe), in order to explain how I could know so many things-- only to then be told at the end, that "Yes, that was true. Your bullshit world you came from?  I caused it to be that way, just to create YOU, and cause you to come here and circumvent a cycle of waste and destruction, to create something better."

etc.

The 'goddess' personage is a-temporal, or rather, 'exists in all facets of time simultaneously', but established time as a means of establishing order, for the purpose of understanding all things, in all of their myriad forms and manifestations (including itself.)  It does not have capricious or changing thoughts. Everything has already been decided, and everything is in motion, but some world lines double-back onto others to create more interesting or more favorable ones--- and the one of my origin was exactly one of those-- it existed exclusively to promote and cause the circumstances that I so loathed and detested, to create a being (If not me, then some other-- that was another theme) that would be 100% opposed to it to the point of being willing to abandon it wholesale and dedicate its entire being to preventing it in others, then transplanting that being into worlds where outcomes would be more favorable, by enabling the physics required. I just happened to be that being, and my belief that I was a selfish actor, making things up for my own self interest was a convenient means of applying the influence my presence would cause.  "she" was just very careful that I would also just so happen to also be telling the full truth without realizing it, or knowing it, since all possible worldlines and interactions were manifestations of her thought processes, including my own actions and will.

It was a very profound story arc, in which a deeply non-religious person comes face to face with god, and realizes to their stark consternation and confusion, that they have been a VERY FAITHFUL follower, like they claimed to be (but felt they were lying about) all along, and that all that was needed to continue being perfectly faithful, was to be themselves, as they always have-- and in so doing, accept the agency and control of a divine being.

So, it was not merely a "Yeah, I dreamed I was large and in charge", it was more "I dreamed that I wound up 'in charge', but actually the perfect servitor of something bigger, and beyond my comprehension-- and I am at peace with this."

The whole thing came out of the blue in a completely unexpected way. I have not been cogitating these kinds of ideas, or at least not consciously (since clearly, my subconscious totally was! QED) and the use of sexuality in the forms presented, in all of its gory details and explicit forms as being "normal life", and "something to be embraced, not ashamed of, or repulsed by" are not in line with my actual personal perceptions, (as I wound up becoming quite sexually active indeed, and in reality have no impulse toward sex-- it is quite possibly one of the furthest things from my mind at any given time!) and so 'jarring' and difficult to comprehend or process.

I am sure a psychotherapist would eat this shit up like candy, but for real, I just have no clue how to parse that dream.  It was so unlike any other I have ever had, and had thematic elements I really have no experience with, in such .... generous proportions...  that even now I am taken aback by it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #138895 on: October 13, 2018, 03:05:38 pm »

I did not make the rules wierd

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #138896 on: October 13, 2018, 04:15:49 pm »

In the dreaming state, there are no rules. This state of mind is both heaven and hell. Especially when you awaken from heaven, and realize reality is hell.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138897 on: October 13, 2018, 06:25:13 pm »

Hell is of man's making, and rests not in the foundations of the earth. Contrary to popular thought, nor does it twist web-like into the mortal world. Not without help from its maker, man.

Each man carries his hell as distinct from reality, but sometimes lets the two converge....

[/waitwhat]
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138898 on: October 13, 2018, 06:28:20 pm »

Hell is of man's making, and rests not in the foundations of the earth. Contrary to popular thought, nor does it twist web-like into the mortal world. Not without help from its maker, man.

Each man carries his hell as distinct from reality, but sometimes lets the two converge....

[/waitwhat]

Sorry, have we blundered into fucking edgelord bullshit hour?

Oh, that reminds me - Freud Power Hour - from 23:00 until 00:00 is Freud Power hour, wherein you should get a bunch of mates around, and being drunk on exhaustion or alcohol, turn everything anyone says or does into some bullshit freudian sex thing.  Good fun.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138899 on: October 13, 2018, 06:31:32 pm »

Well, I don't know about Edgelord Hour. But it is the Witching Hour, and it is October.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 9258 9259 [9260] 9261 9262 ... 11038