Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9243 9244 [9245] 9246 9247 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14553676 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #138660 on: October 07, 2018, 08:09:22 am »

Well, that or push them into scheming against one another, one by one causing them to destroy each other while maintaining your facade of innocence and morality until only one remains. Then you gouge out that person's eyes and brick them into a cellar wall, Cask of Amontillado style.

Much more civilized.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MONTRESOR

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #138661 on: October 07, 2018, 08:14:28 am »

Well, that or push them into scheming against one another, one by one causing them to destroy each other while maintaining your facade of innocence and morality
Kinda like this?.

Anyways, this ain't my first rodeo. Remember to ask me sometime about what happened in my first workplace.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #138662 on: October 07, 2018, 08:25:41 am »

Isn't scheming co-workers what caused you to leave your England placement for Ireland too? Or was that in Spain?

You know at some point Chairman you have to start wondering
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #138663 on: October 07, 2018, 08:39:28 am »

Poo has a Tyler Durden-esque alter-ego that actually encourages this sort of behaviour in others.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138664 on: October 07, 2018, 08:41:34 am »

Poo has actual secret schemers following him around and creating conspiracies around him wherever he goes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #138665 on: October 07, 2018, 08:49:50 am »

Well not quite. During my training in Spain, my department imploded into bickering (I could write on and on about what happened and keeps happening**). I didn't leave because of that, though, but because the national healthcare system in Spain has a bad habit of offering very precarious contracts, and in my particular case my choice was between a very precarious contract in the middle of the Basque highlands in a very small hospital, or an even more precarious contract in a larger hospital which would require me to move to Fachadolid*. I got tired of getting a new contract every few weeks so I prepared my paperwork and left.

I was only briefly in London, as part of an external rotation during my training. I did have a plan to go work in the UK at the time, but this whole Brexit thing happened less than three months after I left and made things far less desirable.  Plus, well, Ireland pays far better, really.

TBH: I pretty much take for granted that the natural state of people in my trade is perpetual war. In all honesty I think in any place where you have more than two of us you have a conflict, and if there are three or more, well...
After the whole fiasco in my former department (which netted me nothing) I kind of feel it's wiser to avoid getting involved in office politics. So I listened sagely over a cup of coffee to both characters in this melodrama, and then got on with my work, of which I have a lot. Really, the smart thing in these situations is to assume the nature of teflon and prevent anything from sticking to you.

*Valladolid, commonly portmanteaued as Fachadolid (facha = fascist), due to the high number of francoist sympathizers among the population. Not really a place I want to go TBH.

**My department back then was already fighting long before I arrived and is fighting to this day. They have had FIVE heads of department in five years, and odds are the new one wont last long either. Really, these people had a vendetta that went back to the early nineties when the major characters were in university.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 08:52:49 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #138666 on: October 07, 2018, 09:14:58 am »

It's sounds like a story worthy of a book, or at least a hospital-entered soap drama
Love, scriver~

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138667 on: October 07, 2018, 01:09:51 pm »

Excercise dopamine will let you shrug off some pretty major cuts and grazes.
One wheel short of a wagon

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #138668 on: October 07, 2018, 02:41:51 pm »

Debit card is acting up again and refusing to take money trough an ATM (tried on two different ones). No clue why since the e-banking thingy didn't notify me of any problems with the card or the bank account, and I was using it without issue just last week.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #138669 on: October 07, 2018, 04:49:44 pm »

Meanwhile, I once again said "thank you" to the local ATM for giving me money.
Every time I swear it will be the last.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #138670 on: October 07, 2018, 06:44:26 pm »

On the other hand, when the machines overtake humanity, they may remember your politeness and let you choose your own death.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138671 on: October 07, 2018, 09:44:17 pm »

You know I'm getting real irritated by how, after the big two-day 504, the forums' "new" button is functioning differently now. It used to always take me to the most recent UNREAD post, now it takes me to the latest post, skipping possibly pages of posts I haven't read. Not a big deal for some threads, a real huge deal for the debate threads that are following a narrative I want to keep up on.

What did you do Toady?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138672 on: October 07, 2018, 09:54:29 pm »

You know I'm getting real irritated by how, after the big two-day 504, the forums' "new" button is functioning differently now. It used to always take me to the most recent UNREAD post, now it takes me to the latest post, skipping possibly pages of posts I haven't read. Not a big deal for some threads, a real huge deal for the debate threads that are following a narrative I want to keep up on.

What did you do Toady?

Starver was complaining about that a couple weeks ago. That was before the big two day 504 though.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138673 on: October 07, 2018, 10:28:27 pm »

Go to the latest post, skip a few pages back. That's what I do.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138674 on: October 08, 2018, 05:52:58 am »

The search option is down. That's just weird.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: 1 ... 9243 9244 [9245] 9246 9247 ... 11039