Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9242 9243 [9244] 9245 9246 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14553770 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #138645 on: October 06, 2018, 08:11:07 pm »

I know your pain. It is my own.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138646 on: October 06, 2018, 08:15:52 pm »

I don't understand people who bike on high speed roads, dude, when you are able to bike at 112 kilometers/70 miles per hour for an extended time period, then be my guest to bike wherever you want, but until then stop biking on the highway

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #138647 on: October 06, 2018, 08:44:11 pm »

I will at least say we were on a road in a forest, though the limit varied between 30 and 50mph, a speed at which the cyclists most assuredly were not reaching. Windy forest road though, so absolutely zero chance of risking an overtake there, despite the other driver’s incessant flashing to do something about it. (Of lights, guys, please don’t go there)

Also, GPS. Went to meet up with people, took us through another forest-y backroad. As an aside, more cyclists, but they weren’t in the way, though it was dark and they weren’t wearing reflective or otherwise bright clothing, with the only visible thing from distance being a light on the back of the helmet of the rear rider.

Anyway, not the wtf; on the way back, GPS told us to go a long, straight highway road that led us right back to the hotel.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #138648 on: October 06, 2018, 09:09:47 pm »

I will at least say we were on a road in a forest, though the limit varied between 30 and 50mph, a speed at which the cyclists most assuredly were not reaching. Windy forest road though, so absolutely zero chance of risking an overtake there, despite the other driver’s incessant flashing to do something about it. (Of lights, guys, please don’t go there)

Also, GPS. Went to meet up with people, took us through another forest-y backroad. As an aside, more cyclists, but they weren’t in the way, though it was dark and they weren’t wearing reflective or otherwise bright clothing, with the only visible thing from distance being a light on the back of the helmet of the rear rider.

Anyway, not the wtf; on the way back, GPS told us to go a long, straight highway road that led us right back to the hotel.
GPS is useful until it isn't. Many times I have to tell Uber drivers the right way because their GPS is telling them to take the most ass-backwards way possible to go
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138649 on: October 06, 2018, 09:18:06 pm »

Jejniebars! But do I roll the R? :D If so that is arguably the most russian sounding word I know. (sidenote at bottom)

Romanisation huh? So you would charactise the correct romanisation to be the one that reads like it sounds? That makes total sense, no matter if it's different in every language; but why is the "w" so frequently seen in koshka then? It's weird.

Okay so I went to check and apparantly the lynx is the only feline native to finnland and they call it ilvekset. That doesn't really resemble anything I know, but without some finnish linguist or at least a native talker interested to dig into etymology, the search stops here.

sidenote: When I was young my aunt oftentimes had some bielorussian kid during a month of the summer. There was some program that supposedly was to get them "some fresh air" because Tschernobyl... Sounds ludicrous to me now, but we had a good time so that's what matters I guess. Sadly it didn't teach me much russian, but most of them had solid basics in german when leaving.
All Rs in Russian are rolled.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #138650 on: October 06, 2018, 09:25:25 pm »

The Rrred army Rrroiled forth in Rrrapid waves of Rrrancid smelling men; the Rrrecoil of Tompson's Rrrifle was the only Rrreason he missed a Rrrecruit at all, even when firing from the top of the Rrridge.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #138651 on: October 06, 2018, 09:28:33 pm »

He said all r’s, man. I am disappoint, all yourrr bass arrre being to us.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #138652 on: October 07, 2018, 02:13:34 am »

Soo.. it turns out that in my current workplace they love byzantine scheming. And in fact it turns out that my presence is in fact linked to one such scheme. I half expect the Rains of Castamere to be played during department meetings
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138653 on: October 07, 2018, 02:18:33 am »

Soo.. it turns out that in my current workplace they love byzantine scheming. And in fact it turns out that my presence is in fact linked to one such scheme. I half expect the Rains of Castamere to be played during department meetings

So what's happening? Is there another schism happening in Christianity? Are the Persians attacking again? Are the armies and generals too preoccupied in Italy?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138654 on: October 07, 2018, 02:52:54 am »

I believe he is using the more colloquial use of "byzantine", rather than the proper use of "Byzantine". 

EG, "overly complicated, elaborate, ornate, and excessive in application"  vis-a-vis "Of or relating to the Byzantine Empire"

In context though, the historic behaviors of the Byzantine empire might have alarming parallels as well.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #138655 on: October 07, 2018, 03:14:46 am »

Well, I can't roll R's despite being Russian, since I have rhotacism.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138656 on: October 07, 2018, 04:52:37 am »

I’m pretty sure no, he means a crusade rocked into the area but was stymied and so decided to sack the head office.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #138657 on: October 07, 2018, 06:03:41 am »

You know what to do. Brutally murder your way into power.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138658 on: October 07, 2018, 06:36:30 am »

You know what to do. Brutally murder your way into power.

No no no, that's so uncivilized! Unfitting of a man of culture and refinement!

Stab their eyes out instead.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #138659 on: October 07, 2018, 07:16:43 am »

Well, that or push them into scheming against one another, one by one causing them to destroy each other while maintaining your facade of innocence and morality until only one remains. Then you gouge out that person's eyes and brick them into a cellar wall, Cask of Amontillado style.

Much more civilized.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 9242 9243 [9244] 9245 9246 ... 11039