Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9228 9229 [9230] 9231 9232 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14557596 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #138435 on: September 29, 2018, 05:10:43 pm »

The incels rejoiced that day, because at the very least they got fucked by Reddit.
These one-liners are so on point, I worry it’s becoming an expectation. I can’t remember the last time I saw an opinion among the flurry of savage bants.

Or is there no line which can realistically be crossed?
The_Donald
They’re pretty leftist, but I don’t think you can cut that out without causing a big stir.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #138436 on: September 29, 2018, 10:46:21 pm »

"Divine chlorosadistic arousal fixation" are apparently words I strung together at some point. This post will be the second point it exists on the internet.

... I see why it's in my opera notes thing, now. Had totally forgotten where it came from, though, so it was definitely a WTF until senior google cleared it up.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #138437 on: September 30, 2018, 01:11:51 am »

"Divine chlorosadistic arousal fixation" are apparently words I strung together at some point. This post will be the second point it exists on the internet.

... I see why it's in my opera notes thing, now. Had totally forgotten where it came from, though, so it was definitely a WTF until senior google cleared it up.

I'm impressed by the fact that in context that sentence actually makes sense.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #138438 on: September 30, 2018, 02:08:29 am »

I was trying to make a gif of a clip of gameplay I recorded.

I'm hoping not to spend any money on this, mind.

Lightworks, while easy to use, can't be used here since exporting to a video file needs money.

I odn't know how to use programs like DaVinci Resolve.

VSDC lets me export videos in a file format that GIPHY can't use, and GIPHY doesn't tell me what formats are accepted, it only tells me when a file format isn't.

And the file converter I used left a great big watermark on the video I wanted to use.

I want to make a 15-second GIF. For free.

Clearly, I'm going about it the wrong way - I hope I am, because otherwise I'd have to pay money to do things easily, and I'd rather not do that right now.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #138439 on: September 30, 2018, 02:21:56 am »

Literally the first google result for "giphy supported formats" returns "GIPHY accepts .gif (say what!?), mp4, mov, mpg, and m4v"

Searching "VSDC output formats" shows that pretty much any of those should be possible.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 02:23:53 am by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #138440 on: September 30, 2018, 02:36:59 am »

Ok, it’s 2 in the morning where I am and I was kind of rushing to try to make a gif before I prepared to go to bed.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138441 on: September 30, 2018, 02:42:24 am »

I was trying to make a gif of a clip of gameplay I recorded.

I'm hoping not to spend any money on this, mind.

Lightworks, while easy to use, can't be used here since exporting to a video file needs money.

I odn't know how to use programs like DaVinci Resolve.

VSDC lets me export videos in a file format that GIPHY can't use, and GIPHY doesn't tell me what formats are accepted, it only tells me when a file format isn't.

And the file converter I used left a great big watermark on the video I wanted to use.

I want to make a 15-second GIF. For free.

Clearly, I'm going about it the wrong way - I hope I am, because otherwise I'd have to pay money to do things easily, and I'd rather not do that right now.

Giphy accepts "mp4, mov, mpg, and m4v"

Handbrake is a free video converter.

Also there are ways to make gifs yourself.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2842792/how-to-create-a-high-quality-animated-gif.html

Or Ffmpeg can be used (and is in fact used in the guts of many video tools), but you need to be ok with working with command-line tools for that, however it's an extremely powerful video encoder:

https://engineering.giphy.com/how-to-make-gifs-with-ffmpeg/
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 02:44:36 am by Reelya »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138442 on: September 30, 2018, 03:45:41 am »

I’m the dumb bastard who uses VLC “next frame” and “screenshot” features, and then ‘open all’ in GIMP or paint.net

15 secs at 30 FPS... not awful?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138443 on: September 30, 2018, 04:17:10 am »

but thrown a bit of #meToo in there by apparently trying to split the father up from the family

I don't think you get to say this. I see no evidence she accused anyone of rape.

Associating the #MeToo movement with hilariously inept youtube kidnapping is a bit of a leap. Possibly a rather crass one.

I was being facetious, but based on the commentors who said she tried to exclude the father from the group. Seemed like a possible knee-jerk "men are bad" thing stemming from the current hysteria.

(also it's probably off-base but not really that crass a joke if you google "lindsay lohan metoo", since she's called some victims attention seekers)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138444 on: September 30, 2018, 04:43:11 am »

There’s already a #MenAreTrash hashtag to make fun of.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138445 on: September 30, 2018, 04:51:31 am »

Men only want one thing and it's fucking disgusting.

Magma.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #138446 on: September 30, 2018, 06:33:15 am »

Ah, low light conditions. That feeling when you take a closer look at that thing on the floor to see if the dog crapped on the floor... and the thing moves. it was a centipede, but I couldn't tell at first
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138447 on: September 30, 2018, 06:38:54 am »

Men only want one thing and it's fucking disgusting.

Magma.

You walk in the door, trembling and knowing something is wrong in the pit of your stomach. He's standing still and quiet, facing a wall, and slowly turns you face you. No words are exchanged, you can tell from the look in his eyes: he's in a fell mood. He reaches down, and grabs his lever.
"No... don't..."
He gives it a hard pull, and the door slams shut behind you. There's no escape.
He gets up and slowly walks down the corridor, you only now realize is outlined with a trail of rose petals and scented candles. He disappears into the back room, and you stay still, shaking and sweating, for only several minutes, but each one feeling like an eternity. There's only one option, you have to confront him.
You force yourself forward, little by little, until you finally reach the doorway to his lair. You stop, and go pale. He is lying in the butcher's station, beckoning you to join him. He speaks, "Are we going to do this the easy way, or the hard way?"

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #138448 on: September 30, 2018, 07:08:08 am »

"Fifty Shades of Magma: The Passion of Urist"
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138449 on: September 30, 2018, 09:17:07 am »

Oh no. Large phones are sexist now because they're too big for female hands.
iPhone XS Max ... 'It’s entirely usual to forget to design for women. But that doesn’t mean it’s ok'

Huh? The iPhone XS Max has a bigger screen, that's the point. How can you design a bigger-screened phone that's also designed for people with smaller hands? Just don't buy the XS Max version if you have little Trump fingers.

She described it as “extremely odd” if the company isn't taking its female consumers into consideration when designing new handsets given that research has shown that women actually buy more iPhones than men.

Uh, isn't this exactly like sizes of clothing? Having bigger and smaller things isn't sexist, because you're only buying one. Just because women buy more iPhones and have smaller hands on average is no reason not to make an extra-large iPhone for men or women who want one.

Presumably the company keeps targeting the sizes around what sells best. They're saying that the company just sizes the phone around a male hand yet mostly women buy their phones. Well, that doesn't make any sense. The iPhone currently comes in a range of sizes, so if they're too big for the market who wants them, then they're going to disproportionately sell more of the smallest possible size, and then they get that feedback that perhaps a mini-sized one would be a big seller. That's how it works.

However, campaigners have argued that the company’s latest product - and several of its predecessors - ignore the needs of its female consumers, whose hands are on average an inch shorter in width than the average male.

Apple also revealed that they will be discontinuing the smaller iPhone SE, its cheapest model which had a 4” screen.

If the previous ones were too large and you know this through using them, then why didn't you all buy the iPhone SE-sized ones in the first place? It's nobody else's fault if you bought and continued to use a poorly-fitting item when there was the one that did fit available already. Women wanted the bigger screens even though they were difficult to use with smaller hands, so they did this to themselves, through their own purchasing decisions.

If they want to send a signal to Apple, try buying a Samsung Mini, or is that "slumming it" too much and you absolutely must have an iPhone with a big screen, but it has to be magically small and easy to use in some physics-defying fashion. Talk about first world problems.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 09:50:41 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 9228 9229 [9230] 9231 9232 ... 11039