Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9225 9226 [9227] 9228 9229 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14558137 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #138390 on: September 28, 2018, 06:48:34 am »

And thus the greatest game show of all time is born: WHO CAN DIE THE WEIRDEST WAY hosted by Pat Sajak and Vana White, the only two true Immortals

Ever heard of the show 1000 ways to die?.
It was essentially an anthology showcase of weird and unusual deaths
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #138391 on: September 28, 2018, 08:25:46 am »

And thus the greatest game show of all time is born: WHO CAN DIE THE WEIRDEST WAY hosted by Pat Sajak and Vana White, the only two true Immortals

Ever heard of the show 1000 ways to die?.
It was essentially an anthology showcase of weird and unusual deaths

Yeah, seen most of it actually. Good show really, especially dat sweet Ron Perlman narration.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #138392 on: September 28, 2018, 02:01:50 pm »

My friend watched that show almost religiously. She didnt think the "gym equipment up the butt" episode was as hilarious as i thought it was. Sad for that poor girl, but hilarious nonetheless.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #138393 on: September 28, 2018, 09:39:44 pm »

Reddit Did a thing.

and quarantined several subreddits for having violent, shocking, or otherwise 'advert unfriendly natures', to use my own term.

I guess I'd tell you to go through the list and take the ones you want now before the suffocate under the slow death of obscurity?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #138394 on: September 28, 2018, 09:57:24 pm »

And nothing of value was lost.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #138395 on: September 28, 2018, 09:59:09 pm »

I'm kind of surprised that most of the subs were so small tbh :\

I guess that, even on the internet, racists are a minority.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #138396 on: September 28, 2018, 10:09:52 pm »

Well.

That 2 minutes of reading what I assume is an incel group's post on not allowing women on thesubreddit is 2 minutes I wish I had back. Fucking wow.

My favourite comment was "the women aren't coming here to fuck us", as though that's the only thing of value a woman can do. Which, you know, I guess I "get", but it really is just a sad utterly tragic way to think of things.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #138397 on: September 28, 2018, 10:16:49 pm »

Gee, it's almost like there's reasons to hate specific people, but hating random people because of ethnicity/gender/sexuality is an inherently asshole position that only truly shitty fucktards have the "logical" "capabilities" necessary to make an ass backwards leap like that.

It's almost exactly like no one's opinion that was/is being deleted had/has value because they're deliberately espousing long-since disproven "ideals" based in ignorant hatred. Or am I somehow incorrect in thinking this?

I mean, it's important we know what the Nazis thought so we avoid all that but do we really need these monuments to ignorance?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138398 on: September 28, 2018, 10:24:00 pm »

The good news is that I don’t miss any of them and almost all of them did deserve to go away, but I’m not happy with the fact that a lot of this is ideologically motivated. According to the comments it seems like the people responsible for this are perfectly okay with going off the deep end in the opposite direction, so it’s clear that they weren’t thinking completely rationally when making this decision.

Honestly, I wonder what would happen if they finally did cross “the line” whatever that may be. How exactly would people react? Would an alternative website pop up that did the same thing reddit did but better, would we just return to having multiple accounts for multiple forums like we used to have. Or is there no “line” that can realistically be crossed and we just keep taking these things as they continue to come.

Thing is, reddit isn’t YouTube. It’s not that hard to a make forum like it is to make a video hosting platform. A lot of Reddit’s power is simply due to the place it has in our culture. If our culture develops enough disdain for it, it won’t be too hard to convince people to leave.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138399 on: September 28, 2018, 10:35:50 pm »

Bye-bye, incels! :D
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138400 on: September 28, 2018, 10:40:05 pm »

Hah, I can agree with that at least! :P
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138401 on: September 28, 2018, 10:42:52 pm »

Reddit has been scummy for a long time, this is no real surprise.
I didn't look through the list of "quarantined" subs but they've already been completely banning ones that don't align with the views of their ownership for a long time.

I guess "quarantining" them is slightly less douchey than deleting them outright, but... I'm guessing the end result is kinda like trying to watch videos in restricted mode on Youtube, haha.
Everyone involved would be better off just finding a better site.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138402 on: September 28, 2018, 10:45:54 pm »

Hah, I can agree with that at least! :P

The sewage will just leak and seep into elsewhere.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138403 on: September 28, 2018, 10:50:00 pm »

Yeah. Quarantining serves as a nice big "WE DID IT, REDDIT" when in reality, nothing major has changed. They will continue to post and possibly leak out elsewhere.

In general, Reddit's very style is encouraging of hugboxes, so it's very likely that the most "damaging" scenario is that they just make another board.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138404 on: September 28, 2018, 10:54:31 pm »

Eh, this new Super Mario Odyssey concept art-book was just released and guess who is in it. Weird timing:

https://twitter.com/Sakusuru/status/1045688129619980288/photo/1

EDIT:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 10:58:24 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 9225 9226 [9227] 9228 9229 ... 11039