Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9217 9218 [9219] 9220 9221 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14559817 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #138270 on: September 24, 2018, 07:38:39 pm »

Yesterday my dad's truck broke down as I drove it to the beach to help with repairs. As I sat in the hot cab to stay out of the sun, taking measures sips of water, I kept hoping that bay12 would be back up this time.
Is it just me, or does that sound like the start of a novel, possibly a noir?

“The 12th Bay stood dark as my truck rolled to a stop. The broad that hired me - I was always a sucker for a pretty face and a sad story - told me that it was an easy job, one that would make me rich beyond my wildest dreams.

As the hours ticked by and I cooked slowly in my broken vehicle, I realized the error I had made. Number 504 by my count - I was always mindful of my failings - and I vowed to make things right...”
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #138271 on: September 24, 2018, 07:52:53 pm »

Hmmm. Have there been more outages than usual? Feels like there's been lots of downtime recently
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138272 on: September 24, 2018, 07:55:40 pm »

Hmmm. Have there been more outages than usual? Feels like there's been lots of downtime recently
I also feel like this is true

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138273 on: September 24, 2018, 08:19:38 pm »

Yes.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138274 on: September 25, 2018, 04:53:13 am »

Had a problem running nVidia's garbage GeForce Experience program, which is all but required to download driver updates. That's not the WTF. I looked up and found someone had the solution - you had to go to the folder and run the .exe directly, rather than from the system tray. No, that's not the WTF here. The WTF here is the last post in that thread where I found the solution.

Hello, i want to know how you <username removed> do that. I thought you means "navigating" is copying the nvidia geforce exp folder into the nvidia folder on program files right? correct me if im wrong, after i do that nothing happens man

How do you equate "navigating" with "copying".

PRE-EDIT: Oh, I forgot you have to log in to their site through Experience to get driver updates.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138275 on: September 25, 2018, 07:52:20 am »

Back in the day you just shoved a disc on the tray and be done with it, or at most just download the darn thing from their website by a simple link on a table of products easy to find.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #138276 on: September 25, 2018, 04:00:40 pm »

Of all the assinine recommendations I get from youtube, the most annoying and persistent are the '10 hours of XYZ' and the 'watch spongebob live' or 'youtube original show'.

- random chill stoner rock
- watch youtube original series 'orphan asks for patreon money'
- see a gamer stream live blackscreen
- 10 hours of somebody farting on a burning yuletide log

Some things I theoretically ask it to do, like watching one harvey birdman clip resulting in spam for other cartoons, or watching a video about political discourse resulting in antifa crap
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138277 on: September 25, 2018, 05:37:38 pm »

Maybe the bills were getting paid late? I dunno how Simple Machine do though.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #138278 on: September 25, 2018, 05:56:54 pm »

I'd figure service interruption from weather effects of one sort or another, really. Server got hit by a firenado or somethin'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138279 on: September 25, 2018, 06:32:42 pm »

Maybe the bills were getting paid late? I dunno how Simple Machine do though.

I thought Simple Machines is just a software distribution which is entirely separate from actually renting a server to host the site? Am I wrong?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138280 on: September 25, 2018, 06:40:27 pm »

Wow, journalists are really trying to tear down Tesla, it's like Opposite Day.

Tesla is selling so many cars that their delivery centers can't keep up, and they really need to hire more staff to cope. To read the articles, you'd think this is a bad thing, and journos are claiming it's going to wreck the company stock price. And they made it sound like the whole company is collapsing and that angry customers have the pitchforks out, when the wait to get your new Tesla car out the door is up to an hour.

Seriously, you can spin "we can't keep up with demand" either way. And 1 hour of someone's time to get a car they ordered isn't really that much, get some perspective media people. So many hysterical beat-ups about this.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #138281 on: September 25, 2018, 06:43:10 pm »

I'm about half through an audio copy of Atlas Shrugged.  I'm absolutely mesmerized by it; it's brought me to incoherent babbling more than once with its incredible caricature of both sides.  I'm glad I'm stomaching it.

but Im reminded of it by a that post.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138282 on: September 25, 2018, 08:56:06 pm »

I read a synopsis online. Good thing it isn’t Fahrenheit.

Made me think twice on the virtues of capitalism, especially in a country which is having a lot of political turmoil around the amount of coal mining.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138283 on: September 25, 2018, 10:17:17 pm »

A friend of mine that keeps up with memes to an almost excessive degree informed me that there is a female version of bowser that is apparently some kind of meme.  That's not the wtf, though it is wtf worthy.  The wtf is that according to him nintendo's stock rose more after that meme took off, than it did when they did their last Nintendo direct.

Oh and he also tells me not to look that meme up, just in case I'm forwarding that warning to y'all too.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138284 on: September 25, 2018, 10:35:20 pm »

But if you don't look it up how do you know he's not bullshitting you?~
Pages: 1 ... 9217 9218 [9219] 9220 9221 ... 11040