Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9214 9215 [9216] 9217 9218 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14560735 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #138225 on: September 21, 2018, 06:47:58 pm »

Gods, I wish I had copics.

Dunno if I've played any Telltale games.

Oh yeah, and the WTF I came in here to post: woke up early this morning after a dream in which I was thirsty and attempting to get a drink of water, but couldn't tell if I was still thirsty in real life or not.
Got up and drank some water anyway just to be sure. *shrug*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138226 on: September 21, 2018, 06:57:28 pm »

The strength of the second diablo was it's replayability, there were tons of different builds that used loads of different game mechanics.
Indeed.  It was a refinement of Diablo 1 with so much more, and with admirable replay value.  Kill loot repeat, but so much better, prettier, and easier to do so with friends.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138227 on: September 21, 2018, 07:02:46 pm »

The strength of the second diablo was it's replayability, there were tons of different builds that used loads of different game mechanics.
Indeed.  It was a refinement of Diablo 1 with so much more, and with admirable replay value.  Kill loot repeat, but so much better, prettier, and easier to do so with friends.

In a bout of born-in-the-90s nostalgia, I am of the opinion that nothing has usurped the throne of ARPG king from diablo 2.  Path of Exile would if it were truly single player, Diablo 3 is right out for that Always On bullshit, Grim Dawn is just... there's just something slightly off.

And now this is also my sad for the day.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138228 on: September 21, 2018, 07:04:07 pm »

In a bout of born-in-the-90s nostalgia, I am of the opinion that nothing has usurped the throne of ARPG king from diablo 2.  Path of Exile would if it were truly single player, Diablo 3 is right out for that Always On bullshit, Grim Dawn is just... there's just something slightly off.

And now this is also my sad for the day.

I still have D2 installed. I played it with some buds like, a month ago. This is because it is better than all of those other games.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138229 on: September 21, 2018, 07:50:33 pm »

Ah great.  Firefox is giving me memory warnings now, with nothing else of note running and 8GB total.  I remember an OS running just fine with half as much disk space, hrph.  And with three tabs open it's right back up to... carry the tau...  nice job spawning 5 processes for three windows to hide your bloat...  A mere ~600 MB, okay.  And yet it was 4GB before I had to kill it.

Hrm, open source means there's probably a better option out there.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #138230 on: September 21, 2018, 07:57:37 pm »

... yeah, that's odd. FF is running about 600 megs for me, but it also has about 119 tabs up, too, and only the one process.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138231 on: September 21, 2018, 08:11:48 pm »

I need to wipe my HD. Got so much dumb crap on there.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #138232 on: September 21, 2018, 08:40:39 pm »

Telltale Game never quite realized their vision anyways. Maybe one day we'll get something that give the TTG experience without being a lie.

I mean, not like they're really gonna turn you down if you chop your own arm off before arriving at the hospital, right?
...And you're rich. Don't go auto-dismembering unless you have the filthy, filthy cash to back it up.

That's the sad reality that makes this world not quite the best cyberpunk dystopia: us punks don't get the cool stuff.
Maybe in 20-30 years the shit'll be cheaper. I mean, computers are pretty easy to get now. Guess you could be the hacker flavor of cyberpunk right now, if you really wanted to.
If you can afford a car, you can afford a cyberarm.

Which really isn't all that unreasonable in my opinion since both will give you about the same bang per buck.

The problem is just that people who lose arms tend to have trouble making enough money to buy a car.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138233 on: September 21, 2018, 09:46:36 pm »

Which really isn't all that unreasonable in my opinion since both will give you about the same bang per buck.

The problem is just that people who lose arms tend to have trouble making enough money to buy a car.

who do i buy it from :v

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #138234 on: September 21, 2018, 10:06:47 pm »

who do i buy it from :v
Your local arms dealer, of course.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138235 on: September 21, 2018, 10:30:47 pm »

🤦

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138236 on: September 22, 2018, 07:39:01 am »

Yesterday I went to a mall looking for some medicine and food. I saw a woman smack really hard her daughter, I assume, like 7 or 8 years old, really hard. At first I thought well, what the hell was the kid doing, but then I realized she did it because the kid didin't wanted to pose for a picture....

The woman, after smacking the girl, grabbed her by the arm, moved the children in from of her and told her to smile, which she halfheartedly complied, she took the picture with her phone, and then promptly turned away and keep walking, nose diving into her phone, while the girl started to sob and another woman took her by the hand and started walking with her behind the smacker.

It made me boil off and I shouted "someone should smack you to take you a picture", she didn't even made visual contact and keep walking.

What the fuck with people that are like this with their kids? I assume all it was for one of those "happy family, my life is perfect" pictures on one of those fucking social networks that people misuse all the time. Had this been in a country with decent or at least existent social services I would have call them in a heart beat.

Maybe the day will come where I find myself in the need of punish peter, but it won't be fbecause I want to take fucking whatsapp picture. What the heck is wrong with this people....
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 07:40:33 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138237 on: September 22, 2018, 09:41:47 am »

Have just started playing tales from the borderlands actually. Big fan.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #138238 on: September 22, 2018, 09:56:33 am »

My dad once had an altercation. A woman was dragging her child (6-8 yr old probably) by her hair through the parking lot. Once to the vehicle, she yanked her up by her hair, twisted her arm, and physically threw her into the car.

My 6'3", 200lbs (190.5cm 90 kilo) father grabbed and twisted the lady's arm and drew his fist back, saying, "Let me show you how your child just felt, bitch."

A security guard grabbed his elbow gently and said, "Sir, all we saw was her hurting the child. It's on video and police are on the way."

My dad held her in that exact pose til the cops came and cuffed her, then they told my dad, "Thank you. We don't need your statement, she will be prosecuted. Have a nice day."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138239 on: September 22, 2018, 10:04:26 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:38:11 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 9214 9215 [9216] 9217 9218 ... 11040