Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9167 9168 [9169] 9170 9171 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14570952 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #137520 on: September 03, 2018, 02:14:07 pm »

On the topic of task managers, you know what's even MORE fun than having to open it to close a game, when opening it doesn't actually display because the game just makes the screen black when you do that and then you have no choice but to initiate log off to get out of it (Maybe CTRL+Shift+Esc will work, I wasn't aware of it)
You open the start menu and open something on it, it forces the game into windowed mode.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #137521 on: September 03, 2018, 02:20:46 pm »

No, blood plasma is the liquid extracellular component of blood.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137522 on: September 03, 2018, 02:22:45 pm »

LSP was quality weird. Somewhere around the point they started selling their services as a wizard IRL I think they just lost the capacity to care even slightly about the rest of the universe.
What even.

This is a nice strong WTF right here.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137523 on: September 03, 2018, 02:26:51 pm »

I've used that menu, but it just breaks on some games, the screen except the task bar goes black, and when I click on anything in it, it vanishes, nothing comes up and the only way out is back to the menu, is really annoying

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137524 on: September 03, 2018, 02:42:17 pm »

...Also WTF are you doing up so late/early?!
I’m at work. What’s your excuse?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137525 on: September 03, 2018, 02:51:54 pm »

Psh, I don't need excuses.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #137526 on: September 03, 2018, 03:01:19 pm »

the "Fix" button
Why doesn't my computer have one of these?
It’s called the “power” button.
Most computers don't have one, but it can actually be activated by pressing Ctrl, Alt, and Delete at the same time.
By the way, that opens a menu on Win8 instead of rebooting.
I’m reasonably sure it’s always opened a menu, it was a double press of the combo that restarted the computer.

In the DOS era, including Windows 1.0-3.11, Ctrl-Alt-Del was an instant reboot. It wasn't until Windows 95 that it did anything else.

Almost got kicked out of a computer convention once because a friend of mine didn't know that.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137527 on: September 04, 2018, 03:55:33 am »

Saw an image gallery where someone was showing off some WW2 German military equipment, including a first aid pouch.

Massive picture: https://i.imgur.com/liMwOZt.jpg

Now, I didn't know what Cardiazol was, so I decided to check it out on Wikipedia. It's apparently a "circulatory and respiratory stimulant", that at high doses causes uncontrollable seizures and was actually used to induce seizures in patients as part of convulsive therapy, before electroshock became the better option.

It was (until fairly recently) also apparently sold as cough medicine in Italy.

While that's pretty great on its own, the image provides a bonus of what appears to be medical rhubarb... For in-field flavor emergencies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_Nazi_Germany
Yeah, if you think that stuff's insane, look up DIX. The Nazis wanted every one of their soldiers to be full of DIX. They wanted basically all of them to have DIX in their back pocket, so they could march and fight indefinitely, regardless of the health consequences of constantly having DIX in your mouth.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137528 on: September 04, 2018, 04:18:18 am »

Yeah, if you think that stuff's insane, look up DIX. The Nazis wanted every one of their soldiers to be full of DIX. They wanted basically all of them to have DIX in their back pocket, so they could march and fight indefinitely, regardless of the health consequences of constantly having DIX in your mouth.
Heh heh, heh heh heh

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137529 on: September 04, 2018, 04:20:44 am »

There's a place down the street from me with weird doctors who take people's blood and plasma, I think they're some sort of weird religious cult since their symbol is a big red cross.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137530 on: September 04, 2018, 05:40:05 am »

Jesus Christ, I don't even know a lot about this kind of shit and I know how stupid it is. It's like demanding that every lock open with a government-mandated key as well as the regular key. Not gonna be long before someone gets their hands on the one that opens every door and goes on a robbing spree.
Y'mean like the TSA?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137531 on: September 04, 2018, 05:52:30 am »

While not as bad as the perpetual cluelessness of the govt concerning encryption...  There IS this gem my friend sent me...

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137532 on: September 04, 2018, 05:55:10 am »

While not as bad as the perpetual cluelessness of the govt concerning encryption...  There IS this gem my friend sent me...

Even the Dumb Earth Society has standards.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #137533 on: September 04, 2018, 06:21:18 am »

There's a place down the street from me with weird doctors who take people's blood and plasma, I think they're some sort of weird religious cult since their symbol is a big red cross.
Maybe they are mormons?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137534 on: September 04, 2018, 06:29:26 am »

Maybe they are mormons?

Maybe, they look pretty shady to me:

Also, the ever-clueless media:

https://www.news.com.au/technology/home-entertainment/gaming/playstation/severe-backlash-parents-of-kids-with-gaming-addiction-face/news-story/c74d7d0dc8ea4405e09ff2ab19075a8c

Logan had refused to go to school for two years, only leaving his room for food or the bathroom, because of his addiction to the popular video game Fortnite.

Obviously if the kid's been like a hikkomori (Japanese type teenage recluse) for at least 2 years now, the culprit cannot be Fortnite, for obvious reasons. I'd be pretty certain that what he's playing is the free Fortnight Battle Royale mode, which only really became a big thing at the start of this year. So no, Fortnite is just a popular free game at the moment, it has nothing to do with this kid's issues.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 06:52:05 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 9167 9168 [9169] 9170 9171 ... 11040