Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9138 9139 [9140] 9141 9142 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14562859 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #137085 on: August 24, 2018, 07:11:54 am »

So people have been complaining about shitty FB algorithms and how they're not seeing stuff they want on their feeds, luckily FB is listening to those voices and has sometimes recently implemented a change. Now, after a dozen or so posts from people and pages you liked/followed you'll be treated to a seemingly neverending stream of random posts from random pages you have not interacted with before, mostly shitty memes and clickbait trash.

I'd like to see who came up with this idea, and then the people who agreed that it was good and should be implemented.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137086 on: August 24, 2018, 08:07:17 am »

So there's been a followup regarding that "Tinder Tournament" with the girl inviting a bunch of guys to the same place so they could compete with each other to win a date with her.

It's explained that this was all kind of a social experiment/art piece where she cooperated with a dude who was making a short film about judgemental behavior in online dating. So, yeah, it was specifically designed to be as trashy, narcissistic and arbitrary as possible. Which is all well and fine, I suppose... But they're still pissy with the guys who left or who felt wronged by the whole affair.

"Aponte (the woman) says the men outraged by the Tinder trick exemplified 'how men are so quick to just judge [women] and put a label on us just because we didn't give them what they wanted ... it's just a bruise to their ego,' she said."

So basically it was just a big stunt to shockingly reveal that "Some people in online dating are judgemental cunts, and being a judgemental cunt is bad!", which... Is neither shocking nor a revelation to anyone.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #137087 on: August 24, 2018, 08:10:34 am »

In short- “It’s just a prank, bros!”
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #137088 on: August 24, 2018, 09:24:48 am »

I was thinking today and I am nearly certain that I have undiagnosed brain damage from a vehicle wreck when I was 16. We hit a tree at 35mph in a Ford Ranger. I was in the bed of the pickup, hit my face on a metal toolbox (the kind that you see in the beds of trucks not handheld) hard enough to pop it open. I had silver on three of my teeth for two months. Miracle we didn't all die actually.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137089 on: August 24, 2018, 09:51:18 am »

In short- “It’s just a prank, bros!”

That reminds me, that guy who used to do those "prank" videos where they call black people the n-word, his channel went really fucking weird because he cashed in on this whole other idiotic trend that was going on and suddenly changed his main channel to it, and his old fans are tuning in expecting to see edgy pranks, and are leaving comments like "wtf bro, what am I even watching?".

Just watch a little of this video and know that there are about 1000 channels who make near-identical content (people dressing up as the exact same subset of superhero and Disney characters doing the same dumb shit in every video with the same sound effects and type of music), and the "niggaz" guy just suddenly turned his main channel into a clone of them. h3h3 did a whole video talking about it.

And the best part is why these videos exist. They exist because the whole thing is geared towards getting into the autoplay feeds of "Youtube Kids" which is the "for babies" version of Youtube and doesn't even have a "next video" button: it's all autoplay. So you have millions of videos with near-identical variations on the same thing, with titles which are just a random mash-up of the same keywords. But ... the algorithms have spoken, this is what makes money now, which is why large sections of the "pranks" community switched their videos from doing actual pranks to entirely making this incomprehensible content that nobody actually wants. Forget that whole "coming up with a good idea for a video" nonsense. Some people call these videos "crack for babies". There's a whole TED talk about it too.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 10:05:21 am by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137090 on: August 24, 2018, 10:03:40 am »

...hard enough to pop it open.
Your face, the toolbox, or both? ???

In other news, I've heard of this H3h3 thing a couple of times now but still have no idea what it is, so I'm just going to carry on thinking of it as some kind of L337 Michael Jackson.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #137091 on: August 24, 2018, 10:14:10 am »

Well that's odd. Bay12 works for me, but I can't seem to access anything else, including Youtube, Steam, or isitdownrightnow.com.

This is the first indication I've had that I wasn't the only one having weirdness. I could access the FOTF, but not the forums for all of yesterday.
Your ISP's DNS server likely went down. When this happens to me I usually temporarily change my DNS server to Google's public DNS server (they use the IP addresses 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

In the case that you don't trust the 100^100, you should probably realize that your ISP does this all the time and if you live in the States, they are probably much more evil and unscrupulous than Google.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #137092 on: August 24, 2018, 10:17:22 am »

The toolbox opened. The only bleeding open wound I had was in my mouth. My cheek, lip, and gums were mashed to shit and bled quite a bit.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137093 on: August 24, 2018, 10:18:52 am »

The toolbox opened. The only bleeding open wound I had was in my mouth. My cheek, lip, and gums were mashed to shit and bled quite a bit.
!!
We're glad you've made it!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137094 on: August 24, 2018, 10:32:31 am »

The people that hang out on youtube stream chatrooms are 100% bots. I refuse to believe otherwise. They legit communicate as if they are moderately complex rpg NPC characters.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #137095 on: August 24, 2018, 11:25:19 am »

Spent 6 hours in bed doing nothing before work.  What a shit thing..
  I feel like lazy ass.  fat lazy ass
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #137096 on: August 24, 2018, 12:30:16 pm »

The people that hang out on youtube stream chatrooms are 100% bots. I refuse to believe otherwise. They legit communicate as if they are moderately complex rpg NPC characters.

Nasty people. I avoid them whenever I can.

Talk to us instead. Visit my site at www.supergreatadditivebicyclekitchenware4free.com
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137097 on: August 24, 2018, 12:35:15 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:22:51 pm by dragdeler »
let

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137098 on: August 24, 2018, 01:05:32 pm »

Yeah, men. They get upset when you do mean things to them, and they walk off rather than taking it in stride. Damn male ego. BTW, where's that famous female empathy at, with stuff like this?

Also, if you did that to 20 women then naturally, they'd want to kill you. But of course, no guy could pull off getting 20 women to turn up. And that's another major point. The whole dating thing is a lot harder for men because women are in much higher demand then men are - that's proven by the fact that she was even able to get so many men together for this idiotic thing and play most of them like suckers.

And that's another layer of the narrative that's not being looked into here. Since it's so much harder for a man than a woman to even score a date - men face much higher rejection rates than women do, then how can someone who can easily score dates claim to have an insight into, or superiority over someone else who finds it harder to get a date? If I could get 50 people turning up to date me then when they get upset claim I have some holier-than-thou thing going when they get upset, that would be clearly preposterous. Someone who can get a date easily cannot possibly know what it's like to be someone who struggles to even get a phone number. Lived experience of one person doesn't trump the different lived experience of someone else.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 01:16:46 pm by Reelya »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137099 on: August 24, 2018, 01:07:15 pm »

https://abc7ny.com/ex-college-student-sentenced-for-false-rape-accusation/4039403/

So, it would appear that this young woman claimed that she was raped by two members of the football team back in 2016, but has now plead guilty to fabricating the charges. In her statement, she claimed that they had forced themselves on her so that she could keep face with another student she had romantic interest in. Depending on which article you read, it's a little unclear whether or not the romantic interest was her boyfriend or just someone she wanted to be her boyfriend.

Due to accepting the plea deal, she will be serving one year of a three year charge for false testimony et al. The two students she accused of raping her were expelled when the charges were originally made, and have apparently been followed by the case for the entire interim. They're apparently preparing their own lawsuits for damages.

I had a little trouble finding articles for this case after first hearing about it, because I goofed and somehow got the name "Jessica Gallagher" in my head... Which led to finding out about a case of a different woman falsely claiming rape, where the rationale was that she was angry her date had refused to drive her home.

It's shitheads like this that make it difficult for actual rape victims to be heard and listened to properly. Fuck's sake...
Pages: 1 ... 9138 9139 [9140] 9141 9142 ... 11040