Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9127 9128 [9129] 9130 9131 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14571969 times)

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136921 on: August 17, 2018, 11:01:51 pm »

https://twitter.com/CheckYourAgenda/status/1030563709175754752?s=09

what

Quote from: twitter guy
Some of us are in Hawaii making replacement window screens for our house.

Others are playing video games and trolling Twitter like a jerk.

I dunno, I'm sensing some sort of venn diagram structure here.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136922 on: August 17, 2018, 11:45:11 pm »

A raise of the 5900% on the minimum wage to crush inflation.... You gotta be fucking kidding me...

It's okay, its alright, the cameramen can come out now, the joke was fine and all but this is too much. Please tell me this is some kind of Truman show about screwing with me for 31 years to culminate on this joke.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136923 on: August 17, 2018, 11:46:33 pm »

A raise of the 5900% on the minimum wage to crush inflation.... You gotta be fucking kidding me...

It's okay, its alright, the cameramen can come out now, the joke was fine and all but this is too much. Please tell me this is some kind of Truman show about screwing with me for 31 years to culminate on this joke.
I've heard of minimum wage increases, but wow.

Edit: don't look in the pantry. Definitely nothing there.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136924 on: August 18, 2018, 02:39:31 am »

Edit: don't look in the pantry. Definitely nothing there.
That's kinda the problem though, innit?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #136925 on: August 18, 2018, 03:15:42 am »

Wasn't that french made? I remember a lot of pretty damn good french cartoons in my childhood, highlander being one of them.

Highlander: The Search for Vengeance (2007) is the anime.There was a 1990s Canadian/French/American cartoon series too.

The anime is a feature film however, not a series.

Oh that one, yeah I remember that one too. It was certainly pretty but I was kinda put off by how many anime tropes it had.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #136926 on: August 18, 2018, 04:26:14 am »

Like... who's recommending that, and what's the currency? Multiplying the minimum wage by fifty-nine times is pretty substantial, but could maybe be vaguely reasonable under sufficiently extreme situations. 590% would probably be actually arguable, if still pretty hefty.

Stateside the highest I've seen with much seriousness is still sub 200% (the fifteen dollar thing, which is less than double the current minimum), but that can still sound really high if you're lacking context.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #136927 on: August 18, 2018, 04:43:41 am »

Are you sure you don't live in a Nation States game?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136928 on: August 18, 2018, 04:53:17 am »

If it's to cover for 6000% infaltion... well, it won't solve things, but it makes some kind of sense, if a living wage is your top priority.
One wheel short of a wagon

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136929 on: August 18, 2018, 05:19:57 am »

If your inflation is 6000%, you have worse issues than what the wageslaves are earning.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136930 on: August 18, 2018, 08:05:42 am »

Our accumulated inflation has been 1.000.000% thus far this year.

People are literally crying themselves to sleep in what can only be described as a massive devaluation of the our currency. Also he declared that would translate into 1.800 Sovereign Bolivars, which would in turn translate into half a Petro, which would in turn translate into 60$ (because that's the price of a barrel of oil currently, give it or take).

Now, the Petro is in effect worthless, you can't make something out of thin air and say it's worth X amount of dollars, if that were true every government would make such claims and it will be chaos (more than already). This in effect makes our salary a big round 0 with 0 cents for most practical effects. I think the Sovereign will be worth only as internal exchange token between citizens and business but will not be accepted by any other country, just like the petro it's backed by.

Oh also he claimed he would pay the difference between salaries for 90 days, so I guess the next 3 months we are all his employees... fun! The current salary is 5.000.000 of Strong Bolivares (yeah, its called like that), with his announcements the salary will become 180.000.000 Strong Bolivares next moonday, only that in Sovereigns that would be 1.800 like I said before.

All this in the midst of gasoline scarcity and the convoluted way they will only leave it sponsored to the comrades of the party. The internet has been increasingly failing as phone signal too. I lost my land line more than a year ago due "vandalism" and more that 3000 in my area are waiting for them to be restored, we know they won't.

I have the sinking feeling that I won't be able to post anymore here soon, if that's the case my next posts will be either from another country or... really dunno.

Definitively in for interesting, if not fun at all, times. Welp at least my life isn't boring I guess.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136931 on: August 18, 2018, 08:14:36 am »

Yellowjackets deciding to make nests in my front porch at the top step and the eaves above the front porch, making entry to the house "entertaining".

I must've chosen a poor insecticide, because two days of spraying the entrances and they are still present.

I've had a shop vac on one for about an hour this morning - hopefully that will empty enough out that when I seal the hole there won't be anything left in the nest.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136932 on: August 18, 2018, 01:49:29 pm »

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/17/639530730/watch-massive-fire-tornado-revealed-in-footage-released-by-officials

165 mph winds and 2,700 degrees F temperatures.

"It was incompatible with life"

Well that's something you don't see everyday or every really want to be anywhere near.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136933 on: August 18, 2018, 03:48:57 pm »

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/17/639530730/watch-massive-fire-tornado-revealed-in-footage-released-by-officials

Well that's something you don't see everyday or every really want to be anywhere near.

The giant tornado of flame was incompatible with life? Who knew! turns out fire can kill you, tornadoes can kill you, and putting them both together can kill you!
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136934 on: August 18, 2018, 03:52:46 pm »

The giant tornado of flame was incompatible with life? Who knew! turns out fire can kill you, tornadoes can kill you, and putting them both together can kill you!

This just in, science has conclusively determined that living creatures are averse to being set aflame. Nobel prize goes to scientist that discovers connection between lack of air and asphyxiation.

Anyway that fire tornado is rad AF.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 9127 9128 [9129] 9130 9131 ... 11040