Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9099 9100 [9101] 9102 9103 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14571977 times)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136500 on: August 08, 2018, 06:46:15 am »

He wasn't a big fan of wraps, though, which is the superior form of kebab to spits.

Veritably.

On a more important note - Kebabs, just for drunkards? More on this story at 10.

I personally enjoy a kebab at any time because I've never been drunk, but maintain that if you drink, you may only get a kebab while drunk.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136501 on: August 08, 2018, 07:20:10 am »

He wasn't a big fan of wraps, though, which is the superior form of kebab to spits.

Veritably.

On a more important note - Kebabs, just for drunkards? More on this story at 10.

I personally enjoy a kebab at any time because I've never been drunk, but maintain that if you drink, you may only get a kebab while drunk.
Controversial. I believe you'll also find that pizza-you-ordered-before-heading-out also makes for excellent drunk food. Or maybe you won't find that, in which case you'll just have to take my word for it and I win anyways.

There's also this handy guide to proper kebab consumption.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #136502 on: August 08, 2018, 07:27:11 am »

The sardöner
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136503 on: August 08, 2018, 08:23:15 am »

There's also this handy guide to proper kebab consumption.

Thanks for posting The Image :D  I love that story so much...

I happened to get a kebab-like mediterranean wrap yesterday.  It was vegetarian, but I'm not sure what the "meat" was.  If I had to guess, tiny strips of tender onion, blackened and charred?  Whatever it was worked, particularly with the crazy mix of sauces and weird veggies.  I'd eat there more often but they do take some time to cook, it's a 3G deadspot, and it's a little pricey.  Great treat food, though...

Google master race.
Um, ok...  Oh noooooo Actually like half these results and the main picture is glorious PC master race (:

Hm, and here I thought he was trying to remove kebab.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #136504 on: August 08, 2018, 08:27:54 am »

Iirc a burrito is served in a soft shell (a tortilla), and is a wrap. A taco is served in a hard shell, and usually open.

And it's roughly like a kebab/gyros wrap, except I'm 99% sure the standard is to use ground meat instead of piecemeat (unless you're having chicken instead of beef I guess), but that might just be because that's how it's eaten here in Sweden.

The difference between a taco and a burrito is that a burrito is completely enclosed by the tortilla. The same types of tortilla are traditionally used (outside of the fast-food hard shell, which is an early 20th century American bastardization), and the range of fillings is identical (although traditional burritos are usually meat and beans only), and include a variety of meats cooled in a large variety of ways.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #136505 on: August 08, 2018, 08:35:20 am »

I want to try falafel and shwarma so bad.

Aren't all kinds of food easy to acquire in the US? Are you a redneck  ;D? Shwarma makes for a nice panini with some melted cheese,  falafel is a bit boring if you arent used to eat vegetarian... But more pressingly: imagine I have never had a burrito/ tacco in my life (is there a difference between the two?) ot is that just a kebab with beef?

The nearest true city is an hour drive and I doubt they have much ethnic cuisine there outside the ubiquitous Chinese and Mexican places.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136506 on: August 08, 2018, 08:45:25 am »

(outside of the fast-food hard shell, which is an early 20th century American bastardization)
I'm not sure how hard tacos are even theoretically supposed to work, but the fast food ones completely fail as food containers.  One bite and they just shatter, spilling everything, unless you wait long enough to make them a bit soggy in which case what's the point
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136507 on: August 08, 2018, 08:50:28 am »

Iirc a burrito is served in a soft shell (a tortilla), and is a wrap. A taco is served in a hard shell, and usually open.

And it's roughly like a kebab/gyros wrap, except I'm 99% sure the standard is to use ground meat instead of piecemeat (unless you're having chicken instead of beef I guess), but that might just be because that's how it's eaten here in Sweden.

The difference between a taco and a burrito is that a burrito is completely enclosed by the tortilla. The same types of tortilla are traditionally used (outside of the fast-food hard shell, which is an early 20th century American bastardization), and the range of fillings is identical (although traditional burritos are usually meat and beans only), and include a variety of meats cooled in a large variety of ways.

So basically

Burrito = Closed tortilla taco
Taco = Open tortilla taco
Taco = Hard shell taco
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136508 on: August 08, 2018, 09:01:46 am »

I made a bad decision in deciding to Google for the difference between tacos and burritos... Now I am reminded that the only vaguely Mexican food for miles is a Norwegian industrial art cafe that serves a whopping three different kinds of burrito.

Naturally, I had to give the place a try one time... Ignoring the central American authenticity of an ushanka-wearing waiter and a glass table with legless lawn chair seating, the burrito itself was a little disappointing. Nevermind that half the garnish was on the outside of the tortilla as decoration, but the fucking thing wasn't even warm. Haven't been there since.

And that was their deluxe burrito; the only one to include beans.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #136509 on: August 08, 2018, 09:22:37 am »

What do the 'regular' Norwegian made burritos have?

Potatoes and air? 
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136510 on: August 08, 2018, 09:33:52 am »

I wonder if falafel goes in sushi...

I want to try falafel and shwarma so bad.

Falafel is pretty easy to make at home, shawarma/doner is a bit more difficult though. I suppose you can buy the shaved meat but I wouldn't tbh..

I wish Mexican food was easier to find in Scotland. There's a couple of places popped up recently that sell it but it's generally complete trash. Makes me want to start running a Mexican food truck or something.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136511 on: August 08, 2018, 09:38:38 am »

Potatoes and air?

Tacos aren't street or restaurant food up here, it's something you make yourself at home. To be honest the idea of going to a restaurant to buy something that is as easy to make as tacos is baffling to me.
Love, scriver~

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #136512 on: August 08, 2018, 09:41:13 am »

Potatoes and air?

Tacos aren't street or restaurant food up here, it's something you make yourself at home. To be honest the idea of going to a restaurant to buy something that is as easy to make as tacos is baffling to me.

Then (disregarding Taco Bell) you've never seen some of the truly excellent tacos legit Mexican restauraunts produce.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #136513 on: August 08, 2018, 09:50:26 am »

Veritably.

I can confirm this. I went out with a friend for kebabs. He was drunk while I don't drink at all.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136514 on: August 08, 2018, 10:19:04 am »

Neil Breen. What a guy.
Pages: 1 ... 9099 9100 [9101] 9102 9103 ... 11040