Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9096 9097 [9098] 9099 9100 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14571936 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136455 on: August 07, 2018, 10:58:29 am »

How the heck is time passing so slowly?!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #136456 on: August 07, 2018, 11:09:55 am »

I've been wondering about that for tha past 2 and a half months too.
It is terrifying
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #136457 on: August 07, 2018, 11:20:16 am »

The only problem I have with that rule is that actors point guns at each other all the time.  I'm pretty sure they even fire blanks towards each other, which would mean the guns are real, right?
Sometimes those are real guns, yeah. Non-firing prop guns and prop guns that only fire blanks (not sure how that works) exist though.

Related: Brandon Lee was killed on set by a gun that was loaded with a blank, because an earlier scene required cartridges with a visible bullet head but they forgot to remove the primer and there was a squib, so when the blank was fired he was shot by the bullet that was trapped in the barrel.

I was taught that an unloaded firearm is always loaded.  British law backs me up on this - pointing a firearm at someone for any reason, under any circumstances, regardless of whether you consider it loaded or whether the safety is on (or whether it's even a real weapon), is assault (on the basis of recklessness rather than intent in the case of an accident) with a weapon.
Uh, just to be clear, at no point did I say that it's OK to point a gun in any condition at someone (unless you're defending yourself)... Unless you're not saying this in response to me? At any rate, yes, I agree, always treat guns as if they're loaded.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 11:22:16 am by Parsely »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136458 on: August 07, 2018, 11:47:25 am »

Somehow it's okay to nest 24 boolean flags in one series of nested if statements.

no, stop, what are you doing, why do you hurt us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrysF9gBHrk

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136459 on: August 07, 2018, 11:49:02 am »

Somehow it's okay to nest 24 boolean flags in one series of nested if statements.
Why... How... What??? So much evil in this world.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136460 on: August 07, 2018, 07:13:44 pm »

As if my overnight wait at the airport wasn't gruelling enough already, my flight got delayed (after we'd already boarded, due to some safety issue with the aircraft) for a total of something like five hours.

I will laugh heartily if the replacement aircraft winds up somehow exploding or otherwise screwing us over after all this.
At least I got a free coffee and an avocado sushi roll out of the ordeal.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136461 on: August 07, 2018, 07:17:44 pm »

As if my overnight wait at the airport wasn't gruelling enough already, my flight got delayed (after we'd already boarded, due to some safety issue with the aircraft) for a total of something like five hours.

I will laugh heartily if the replacement aircraft winds up somehow exploding or otherwise screwing us over after all this.
You get sushi on airplanes? How?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #136462 on: August 07, 2018, 07:18:25 pm »

Heh, last time I used Bing was when it was the search engine my new (at the time) laptop defaulted to and when I tried to download Google Chrome through it it lead me to a virus laden site, when I did it again but using Google as my search engine I got to a clean site with no hassle.

Bing is like the dirty used needle of search engines as far as I'm concerned.  :P
I'm surprised Bing didn't nuke your computer for daring to try to download Chrome.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #136463 on: August 07, 2018, 07:22:17 pm »

Why... How... What??? So much evil in this world.
I'm pretty sure I had something along those lines for some later-in-semester modern logic class assignments. Can be fun! For fun. Never do it for any other reason. The logic gods will strangle you in your sleep.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #136464 on: August 07, 2018, 07:25:01 pm »

You get sushi on airplanes? How?
I believe the question is airplane sushi why?

Also, I thought Chuckles McAustralian was a veganarian :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136465 on: August 07, 2018, 07:28:30 pm »

Well, per the vegan thing, I think an avocado roll is only avocado, seaweed and rice.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #136466 on: August 07, 2018, 07:30:29 pm »

‘e said sushi. All the sushi restaurants I’ve even to have avocado as some kind of extra filling with the raw fishies.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #136467 on: August 07, 2018, 07:42:21 pm »

Some vegetarians are okay with fish, ain't they?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136468 on: August 07, 2018, 07:49:31 pm »

No, some people don't eat any meat but fish, they aren't vegetarian in the strict sense of the word but is not uncommon for those people to consider themselves vegetarians.

Vegans on the other had are allowed to eat dirt that doesn't have any microorganisms and the flow of energy from the universe or some other nonsense.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #136469 on: August 07, 2018, 07:51:08 pm »

If you eat only fish as meat it's called being a pescetarian, not a vegetarian.

Which I personally think is stupid because eating fish fucks up the environment.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 9096 9097 [9098] 9099 9100 ... 11040