Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9094 9095 [9096] 9097 9098 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14571449 times)

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136425 on: August 06, 2018, 06:48:19 pm »

If professionals fail to do this it doesn't mean it's impossible, it means that individual is unprofessional.
I think this is a good summary. We know you won't be perfect all the time. We demand you to be perfect all the time.

We all fail, but we all have expectations of perfection around our occupation. Everything else is not supposed to be the active constant safeguard measure, we as operators are.
In a time before time, I had a name.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #136426 on: August 06, 2018, 06:54:24 pm »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #136427 on: August 06, 2018, 07:07:04 pm »

I maintain that if the gun is properly retained and handled (finger off the trigger) it cannot go off, this is my argument that you can safely wear your firearm with a round in the chamber, hammer cocked, and the safety on,
Like... okay, but that's just kinda' wrong. Those things do make it safer, but not safe. Shit happens, and about the only way you can be sure an otherwise functional gun is not going to fire is if it isn't loaded. Full stop. There's no guarantee for anyone that they're going to be able to keep a firearm pointed in a safe direction in case of an accident.

We accept the risks for certain roles, and ideally provide the resources they need to mitigate them as much as possible, but that doesn't mean they aren't there (or a civilian can actually meet similar standards of mitigation, for that matter. Big ol' difference between being fed for keeping up to standard and having to feed yourself while keeping up to standard, et al).

E: ... any case, yeah, like basically every single bit of firearm training I've encountered over the course of my life have been pretty clear on transporting loaded firearms, with the directive about as clear and consistent as pointing it at something you don't want to die. Don't. Don't do it. The same alcoholic with a history with organized crime that taught me how to make pipe bombs when I was a pre-teen even repeated and was consistent on that one.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:13:35 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136428 on: August 06, 2018, 07:28:19 pm »

I'm gonna eat a can of pears that have been in my fridge for two years now. I'm sure canning lets things last for a long time, but I'm not sure how long. 

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136429 on: August 06, 2018, 07:31:56 pm »

I'm gonna eat a can of pears that have been in my fridge for two years now. I'm sure canning lets things last for a long time, but I'm not sure how long.
if you canned it, no.

If it's factory canned and not expired, feel free.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #136430 on: August 06, 2018, 07:37:58 pm »

Expiration dates are rough guidelines, usually synonymous with 'sell by' dates.

I am fairly certain they just math up a timeline based on when 4.4% of [product] will make ferrets sick when force-fed after [ x ] many days.

P: And TIL how to make bbcode bullet points.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136431 on: August 06, 2018, 08:06:38 pm »

I´ve noticed that after the first few centuries in worldgen the number of necromancer towers tends to stabilize, regardless of how many actual necromancers are there.

I think the reason is that early necromancers get gods-given knowledge directly and found towers, whereas later necromancers just find a master to teach them and move in with same.

In the 5000 year timeline I did get some (scarce) new towers, so it´s not totally impossible, though.
Modern necromancers just can't save up enough skeletons to move out of their masters tower. Damn this economy.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 08:13:05 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136432 on: August 06, 2018, 08:18:09 pm »

You'd think it would be easier, what with all the silly mortals dying constantly. Unfortunately, they seem to hoard the bones inside crypts and such. Quite rude, really.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136433 on: August 06, 2018, 08:47:09 pm »

It would be nice if one of the Necro-Villian-Plots was 'convert an area/town into a dark citadel to spread my EEEEEEVIL!' for tower-less necromorphs.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #136434 on: August 06, 2018, 09:30:28 pm »

You'd think it would be easier, what with all the silly mortals dying constantly. Unfortunately, they seem to hoard the bones inside crypts and such. Quite rude, really.
Clearly they need to reanimate the crypts, then. All the bones plus a nice crypt golem-thing, too.

... there's actually a web/light novel series that sorta' rolls with that. Death Mage Doesn't Want to Die a Fourth Time, or somethin' like that. At one point the protag basically haunts the architecture of an entire town and orders it all to walk off.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #136435 on: August 06, 2018, 09:34:06 pm »

I appear to have done some unpleasantness to my back, without really having done anything.

Perhaps I need a new seat.

Ah well, my wife stuck her elbow in it and I feel better for the time being. Hopefully I don’t wake up unable to move tomorrow.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136436 on: August 06, 2018, 09:51:22 pm »

Clearly they need to reanimate the crypts, then. All the bones plus a nice crypt golem-thing, too.

3.5 D&D had an undead monster that was basically a giant animated humanoid graveyard.  Dirt, Gravestone, Corpses and all.  I think it could release corpses as undead minions, or just grab people and 'bury' them in its mass.  I can't remember what book or name it had though.  Closest I could find was a graveyard golum in Libris Mortis, which is just animated dirt.

There was also the corpse collector, a golum of sorts specialized in gathering corpses after big battlefields.  Big iron humanoid that carries dead bodies by just impaling them on spikes on its body, mainly the back.  Monster Manuel 3, I think.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136437 on: August 06, 2018, 10:16:03 pm »

Backs are temperamental creatures. If it gives out on you once, you’ll notice it forever
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #136438 on: August 06, 2018, 10:54:25 pm »

Step one:  Buy this.
Step two:  Place on ground with at least 3 feet of open smooth floor in any direction.
Step three:  Lie on back, with roller resting perpendicular to your body at about neck height.
Step four: Push 'up', moving the roller down your back in a slow motion.  Try to push your spine into the roller, and lean to either side as it hurts or feels good.

Absolutely recommend using a roller for muscle pain in the back.  I use it for my neck as often too, since Im down there.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136439 on: August 06, 2018, 10:58:01 pm »

Care to explain why you use Yahoo search, Pisskop? :3

And ooh, that sounds relaxing.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 9094 9095 [9096] 9097 9098 ... 11040