Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9093 9094 [9095] 9096 9097 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14570961 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136410 on: August 06, 2018, 01:23:08 pm »

Whereas in a home defense situation, you want assured death with lower chance of overpenetration and resultant collateral damage. The humane thing is like this, would you rather die fast of shock and blood loss or slow of shock and blood loss?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136411 on: August 06, 2018, 01:28:17 pm »

Whereas in a home defense situation, you want assured death with lower chance of overpenetration and resultant collateral damage. The humane thing is like this, would you rather die fast of shock and blood loss or slow of shock and blood loss?
Neither! Call me old-fashioned, but I'll accept nothing less than gangrene and dysentery to go with my French pox!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #136412 on: August 06, 2018, 01:36:10 pm »

Everyone knows the humane thing is to whip out your portable guillotine and behead them. Humanely.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136413 on: August 06, 2018, 01:38:02 pm »

I am a fan of jumping from the bannister with a butterknife and then slowly laying them to rest while I say cryptic bullshit in Italian.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136414 on: August 06, 2018, 01:39:31 pm »

It's all genuinely theoretical and I hope it stays that way. I don't want to ever use my gun on a person cuz that'd be a tragedy. I also plan on making sure my family is safe and this my best option.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136415 on: August 06, 2018, 01:41:30 pm »

The correct way to end someone is to unscrew your pommel so you can end them rightly

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136416 on: August 06, 2018, 01:41:35 pm »

I am a fan of jumping from the bannister with a butterknife and then slowly laying them to rest while I say cryptic bullshit in Italian.
But is it a wooden butter knife?

It's all genuinely theoretical and I hope it stays that way. I don't want to ever use my gun on a person cuz that'd be a tragedy. I also plan on making sure my family is safe and this my best option.
I agree with not ever wanting to have to shoot someone, and I know you spend time at the range (at least a bit), but my main concern with civilian gun ownership is safety- kids and such getting ahold of guns when they're too young to understand, while balancing defense with that is really hard.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136417 on: August 06, 2018, 01:53:55 pm »

I have gun locks for both our guns. I also plan on teaching him about guns as soon as he can start conversing with me. He can talk now but he can't quite converse.

My niece is 10 btw and she's a deadeye little sniper.
He's fucking with us.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #136418 on: August 06, 2018, 02:03:10 pm »

I googled extended magazines for my two guns. Why does a pocket pistol need a 32 round magazine?! I want a 10 round mag for mine, and some Critical Defense rounds. Oughta be far more than sufficient.
Because they're not using it for self-defense. Some people shoot for fun, high magazine capacity can be fun, and pistols and pistol ammo is cheap. Plus the aforementioned reason that there's no reason why the weapon needs to be incompatible with existing high capacity magazines.

On the other hand, Youtube is surprisingly useful when I need it. My sister asked about what exactly a mortar is (we were watching a miniseries together and one o fthe main characters is a mortar man), and a 30 seconds later she is listening to some heavy german accent explain the history of mortars, how they operate, and for what they are used.
I bet you're watching The Pacific and that she was listening to this video by Military History Visualized.

Leaving a round chambered is an insane safety hazard, just saying.
If you keep your finger off the trigger it's perfectly safe, and if you're not proficient enough in your weapon to accomplish that you shouldn't be carrying it for self-defense.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136419 on: August 06, 2018, 02:07:32 pm »

Parsley, accidental discharge can occur regardless of trigger discipline. While Glocks are known to be pretty good about NOT firing when they're dropped, a lot of older guns and even some modern guns still have issues. As such, chambering a round would still result in danger.

That said, I agree wholeheartedly with the statement on rigger discipline.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #136420 on: August 06, 2018, 02:17:09 pm »

If you keep your finger off the trigger it's perfectly safe, and if you're not proficient enough in your weapon to accomplish that you shouldn't be carrying it for self-defense.

Clearly you've not yet seen the video of a government agent losing his service weapon while dancing. Said service weapon discharged on contact with the ground and injured a bystander.

Regardless of whether you believe/know a gun to loaded or unloaded, do not point it at anything you don't want a hole in.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136421 on: August 06, 2018, 02:26:58 pm »

Clearly you've not yet seen the video of a government agent losing his service weapon while dancing. Said service weapon discharged on contact with the ground and injured a bystander.

Regardless of whether you believe/know a gun to loaded or unloaded, do not point it at anything you don't want a hole in.
This was made fairly clear by the sarges we had in the army: You always know if the gun is loaded or unloaded, because the gun is always loaded. Period. Regardless of whatever unloading procedure has taken place, the gun is always to be treated as being in a loaded state.

...then again, we also got to hear the story about how they don't have the bugle player call reveille anymore because the last guy got shot... So your mileage may vary.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #136422 on: August 06, 2018, 02:51:26 pm »

Why do we need guns when we can just simply kill people with exotic martial arts that cause organs to violently explode?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #136423 on: August 06, 2018, 03:16:50 pm »

You are already dead.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #136424 on: August 06, 2018, 03:32:46 pm »

I was not arguing that it's OK to point your gun in an unsafe direction. I maintain that if the gun is properly retained and handled (finger off the trigger) it cannot go off, this is my argument that you can safely wear your firearm with a round in the chamber, hammer cocked, and the safety on, not that it's OK to sweep people with the muzzle of your gun just because you know your finger isn't on the trigger. Gun safety isn't just about being safe it's about making other people feel safe.

Soldiers and civilian professionals in certain roles wear their weapons in Condition 1 and do it safely because they're proficient enough to retain their weapons, know what the status is of their weapon at all times, and ensure that even if there is an accident their weapon is always pointed in a safe direction. Therefore it's possible for people interested in firearms self-defense to do so as well, but they must be proficient in their weapon. That includes choosing a holster that will retain your pistol while doing other activities and/or keeping your weapon in a status that's appropriate for what you plan to be doing. If professionals fail to do this it doesn't mean it's impossible, it means that individual is unprofessional.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 03:35:17 pm by Parsely »
Pages: 1 ... 9093 9094 [9095] 9096 9097 ... 11040