Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9091 9092 [9093] 9094 9095 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14570471 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136380 on: August 06, 2018, 08:00:07 am »

One of the newer clickbait videos on YouTube: "Can 20,000 Magnets Catch A Bullet Mid Air?"

No, no they cannot. Lead is a non-ferrous metal, and gives zero shits about magnets, regardless of how many there are or whether or not they're 1000 degrees.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136381 on: August 06, 2018, 08:08:35 am »

One of the newer clickbait videos on YouTube: "Can 20,000 Magnets Catch A Bullet Mid Air?"

No, no they cannot. Lead is a non-ferrous metal, and gives zero shits about magnets, regardless of how many there are or whether or not they're 1000 degrees.
But "Can 20,000 Magnets Catch A Cobalt-alloyed Tungsten Carbide Penetrator Mid Air?"

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136382 on: August 06, 2018, 08:11:12 am »

But "Can 20,000 Magnets Catch A Cobalt-alloyed Tungsten Carbide Penetrator Mid Air?"
How hot is it, and was the shooter stung by a tarantula hawk wasp during the proceedings?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136383 on: August 06, 2018, 08:14:14 am »

I saw that, and like half the video isn't even related to magnets at all. It's just rednecks firing guns into shit!

It's like those quote unquote "Science" channels that are mostly dedicated to destroying random things in creative ways. I mean, yeah, sure, crushing a giant rubberband ball with a hydraulic press looks rad, but I haven't really learned anything. And you! Other guys! Jumping from the roof of your house into a swimming pool filled with dry ice is silly fun, but I'm worried about your safety, there were no precautions taken at all! Really guys... stop trying to flash cook ribeye steaks by dipping them into molten lead, it's not healthy.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #136384 on: August 06, 2018, 08:15:41 am »

I mean, we live in a culture where we watch a guy staple a bunch of staples to his face for Youtube views.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136385 on: August 06, 2018, 08:15:55 am »

How hot is it, and was the shooter stung by a tarantula hawk wasp during the proceedings?
She's, like, super hot, bro. And the shooter WAS a tarantula hawk wasp. If he stung himself he was remarkably blasé about it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #136386 on: August 06, 2018, 08:31:14 am »

I mean, we live in a culture where we watch a guy staple a bunch of staples to his face for Youtube views.

MTV was always before their time
Love, scriver~

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #136387 on: August 06, 2018, 09:02:26 am »

I googled extended magazines for my two guns. Why does a pocket pistol need a 32 round magazine?! I want a 10 round mag for mine, and some Critical Defense rounds. Oughta be far more than sufficient.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #136388 on: August 06, 2018, 09:16:13 am »

YouTube sound is glitching out for me all of a sudden. No fucking clue what's causing it because yesterday it worked just fine.

By glitching out, I mean that it works fine almost always except every several seconds it sort of lags and produces that jarring sound you sometimes get when windows crashes mid sound and it loops that half a second of random noise for a while. Restarting both FF and the laptop hasn't fixed it, but on FB the sound works just fine, so I'm completely stumped what this new shitty issue might be caused by :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #136389 on: August 06, 2018, 09:20:58 am »

Don't forget all those 'challenges' that help to cull the younger populations
Tide Pod challenge!
Pour boiling water on someone challenge!
Choke yourself challenge!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136391 on: August 06, 2018, 10:30:58 am »

I googled extended magazines for my two guns. Why does a pocket pistol need a 32 round magazine?! I want a 10 round mag for mine, and some Critical Defense rounds. Oughta be far more than sufficient.
'MERICA!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #136392 on: August 06, 2018, 10:53:57 am »

On the other hand, Youtube is surprisingly useful when I need it. My sister asked about what exactly a mortar is (we were watching a miniseries together and one o fthe main characters is a mortar man), and a 30 seconds later she is listening to some heavy german accent explain the history of mortars, how they operate, and for what they are used.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #136393 on: August 06, 2018, 11:12:03 am »

So reading up on the issue it seems that the cause for audio stuttering are the wifi drivers somehow fucking with everything else?

How??
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #136394 on: August 06, 2018, 11:15:23 am »

There's a few reasons here. First, most gun manufacturers like to make their compact pistols accept the same mags as their larger offerings. So, there is a good chance that the 32 round magazines aren't specifically intended for your guns but will work in them.

Second, most compact pistols are chambered for .380 ACP or similar. This is a fairly low powered round, and has a statistically low stop rate in defensive situations, even with good shot placement. 10 rounds of good ammo is usually enough, but I can easily understand a desire for a bit more.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 9091 9092 [9093] 9094 9095 ... 11040