Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9088 9089 [9090] 9091 9092 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14569695 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136335 on: August 03, 2018, 03:19:33 pm »

Well, at least then you have the "I don't date where I work" excuse handy. It's pretty solid, as far as excuses go.

Unless you're also trying to get with another work mate.
"I normally think it's fine to date coworkers, but I'll make an exception for you"

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136336 on: August 03, 2018, 03:39:40 pm »

Finish her!
"I normally think it's fine to date coworkers, but I'll make an exception for you"
Brutality!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #136337 on: August 03, 2018, 03:47:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #136338 on: August 03, 2018, 03:47:17 pm »

FLAWLESS VICTORY
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #136339 on: August 03, 2018, 04:06:47 pm »

Cripes on a bicycle, health insurance/benefits is a rigamarole. Turns out I very nearly forgot that work changed my health savings account provider a year ago and now I have two HSAs.

Also, the whole 'find a doctor' thing. I just want a checkup, man, I don't need a guy specializing in clinical psychology. How about a guy in my network (what a headache, networks) who specializes in general checkuppery? "General Practice" isn't something that anybody on the doctor detector wants to be known for, it seems. Just gimme the little knee-hammer and the bloodwork and stuff, man.

I'm still just a clueless postgrad, really. I'm not a coder and yet for work I have developers asking me to confirm that their code is safe, and I'm the pointman for our department for this line of work. good thing i'm leaving soon
Family practice and physician mean the same thing as general practice AFAIK.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136340 on: August 03, 2018, 08:42:56 pm »

I was asleep a long time, so I kind of accidentally missed a lot of replies and discussion.
We’ve passed the conversation though and I imagine it did make some people rather uncomfortable so i guess i’ll just drop that I agree with rolan7 (but my friend wouldn’t) and a sort of “sorry to give you shit when life is kicking you in the teeth” for dragdeler, but with a “but I probably would have told you off anyway, spiteful men having unpopular opinions is at least a part of the niceguys bullshit going around” (not that i’m much different if you change the “spiteful” to “callous”.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136341 on: August 03, 2018, 10:27:42 pm »

Wow, having people whose messages you're avoiding on Facebook really helps one to get more reading done. Leaving your phone on charge and refusing to get up and check it works, too.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136342 on: August 03, 2018, 10:32:56 pm »

So I've come home to find this little fella resting on my door. I snapped a quick picture, and I want to ask what it is because I've never seen a white bug like this before:

https://i.imgur.com/PBfEHOT.jpg

It's very unflappable. I poked it with my car key and, while still alive, doesn't seem to care. What a mysterious creature to greet me late at night.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #136343 on: August 04, 2018, 03:51:58 am »

That's a moth
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #136344 on: August 04, 2018, 06:11:37 am »

Lies. That's clearly an escaped member of the alphabet zoo. Call animal conrol and ell hem you found he missing T.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136345 on: August 04, 2018, 06:34:44 am »

That's a moth
Lies. That's clearly an escaped member of the alphabet zoo. Call animal conrol and ell hem you found he missing T.

It'th Mothter T.!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #136346 on: August 04, 2018, 07:08:20 am »

Some Scottish Presbyterian ministers saw the fanners as sins against God, for wind was a thing specially made by him and an artificial wind was a daring and impious attempt to usurp what belonged to God alone.

Sometimes, it's rather nice to remember that despite the many stupid things we've done and do, we have at least gotten beyond screaming HERESY at mechanical fans.

Actually, I've never been to Scotland, so maybe they still do that there.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136347 on: August 04, 2018, 07:15:28 am »

Some Scottish Presbyterian ministers saw the fanners as sins against God, for wind was a thing specially made by him and an artificial wind was a daring and impious attempt to usurp what belonged to God alone.

Sometimes, it's rather nice to remember that despite the many stupid things we've done and do, we have at least gotten beyond screaming HERESY at mechanical fans.

Mostly it's just screaming HERESY at sports fans these days.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #136348 on: August 04, 2018, 07:17:49 am »

Mostly it's just screaming HERESY at sports fans these days.

It’s not even that, it’s rival sports fans using religion and politics as an excuse to kick duck out each other.

Fakeedit: eh I’ll leave it, it’s more amusing that way anyway.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136349 on: August 04, 2018, 10:13:00 am »

My leg went into ridiculous pain for no readily apparent reason and stayed there for 3 days.

Now I am on a steroid pack and a major painkiller and ibuprofen if I feel like it.

Wheeee
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 9088 9089 [9090] 9091 9092 ... 11040