Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9084 9085 [9086] 9087 9088 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14565506 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136275 on: August 02, 2018, 08:59:04 pm »

Filling the whole american tornado route with cement igloos would looks pretty darn cool though. Especially the derserty parts.
It already kinda looks like it out in New Mexico. Just boxier.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136276 on: August 02, 2018, 09:04:11 pm »

Here's your membership card, welcome to the Patriarchy.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136277 on: August 02, 2018, 09:08:42 pm »

Here's your membership card, welcome to the Patriarchy.
*sick burn*

That's actually a good point. Are we conditioned to prefer power over submission?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136278 on: August 02, 2018, 09:47:26 pm »

That's actually a good point. Are we conditioned to prefer power over submission?

Not at all. Plenty of submissives out there, far more than you'd expect if we were conditioned to prefer being the dominating party. It's just a facet of your personality and sexuality.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #136279 on: August 02, 2018, 09:53:50 pm »

I find that while I like/am attracted to strong women, at the end of the day I really just want one I can dominate.

I am a very dominating personality, and the dynamic of even my work relationships reflects this.  My immediate boss is female, and she constantly reminds me that I do dominating things.  Simple things like buying an eraser for her/their dry erase board, or doing small parts of her job, or even ignoring her on occasion.

Its not quite intentional, but I wonder if it isn't because of her being a female . . .
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 09:59:59 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #136280 on: August 02, 2018, 10:07:55 pm »

yo i'm verse why are the last five posts blank?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136281 on: August 02, 2018, 10:13:09 pm »

I kinda thought it was clear this is about the USA specifically. I should have written "if people (in the USA) were shopping for themselves"
ChairmanPoo is Spanish (as in, Iberian), and IIRC, works in Britain right now.

Why would anyone think you were talking about specifically American when the guy you were accusing of accepting kickbacks from Big Pharma is not, uh, American?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136282 on: August 02, 2018, 10:17:11 pm »

I kinda thought it was clear this is about the USA specifically. I should have written "if people (in the USA) were shopping for themselves"
ChairmanPoo is Spanish (as in, Iberian), and IIRC, works in Britain right now.

Why would anyone think you were talking about specifically American when the guy you were accusing of accepting kickbacks from Big Pharma is not, uh, American?

That's why I - already mentioned - right near the start that I wasn't talking about Europe.

But GSK talking medical practitioners out for an expensive meal is an attempt at kickbacks, they just can't be as blatant about it as they can in the USA. The fact that she identified herself as a representative of GSK and is providing perks is enough: that's marketing. It cannot be mere coincidence that GSK is doing something over there that sounds identical to things that have been banned in some states such as California because they influence American doctors.

For example, one of the current things is that some US state law now bans pharma company reps from giving doctor's meals at conferences, because studies show that giving even one expensive free meal can influence doctor's prescription habits.

This is the exact scenario ChairmanPoo described. I construed it to be the same, because it's exactly the same. GSK does the same marketing tactics in the USA, and gets slammed for them. I'm not going to assume that when GSK appears to be doing the exact same things in Europe, it's pure as the driven snow, because "Europe". The company is the same, and doctors are still individuals, capable of being influenced by the same tactics, and the tactics are the same.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 10:31:56 pm by Reelya »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #136283 on: August 02, 2018, 10:37:59 pm »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Suiyang

That feeling when you eat an entire city because you wont give up and then lose the siege.
That feeling when you left your personal seal in your other pants and can't find a pen.
"Although I failed my mission, I will leave a finger with you, as evidence that I did come here." Immediately after, Nan Jiyun cut off (or, in some versions, bit off) one of his own fingers. He then rode away.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136284 on: August 02, 2018, 10:52:31 pm »

Hans I hope hoy didn't found our by doing something stupid.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136285 on: August 03, 2018, 01:31:12 am »

Good point. :(

Also, I hope you're doing okay, your last few posts have been kinda less coherent.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #136286 on: August 03, 2018, 01:59:36 am »

Every time i see a picture of someone holding a baby turtle on imgur or something, i immediately think about that dream i had where i picked one up and accidentally squished it, and found out it was literally full of fresh, reeking dog shit. But at the same time theyre adorable. But disgusting. And not just baby turtles all the time, but when someone mentions turtle soup (cooking mushed turtle in its own shell) i still think of a turtle shell full of shit before anything else. Because of a dream. A dream that i know has no basis in reality. But my subconscious is convinced turtles are made of dog shit.

How the fuck does this happen!?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #136287 on: August 03, 2018, 04:23:17 am »

Good point. :(

Also, I hope you're doing okay, your last few posts have been kinda less coherent.

Um no, not quite. It somehow came up in a conversation with a woman and I had a revelation.

Also the second thing. Baal get some sleep and don't run yourself into the ground.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136288 on: August 03, 2018, 04:23:52 am »

Because we are incredibly impressionable beings, and dreams can leave extremely strong impressions due to the fact that they don't have to play by the rules of observe-process-respond. Not only is the dream's content free game, but the way you react to it while sleeping is also unburdened by rational conditioning.

As for dom/sub, there's a cliché that men are supposed to be dominant and women to be submissive. However, the reality really is just personal preference. I've known very strong women with strong personalities who very much enjoyed taking a (very) submissive role in the bedroom, and I know my girlfriend who thinks she's a sub but will only allow me to be a dom in specifically the way she wants. And I know myself, who really wishes we could just be equals and leave the power game out of it.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136289 on: August 03, 2018, 04:48:32 am »

Woo! Switch here!  I think I only learnt to be dominant because my (now ex wife) preferred it, and at my core I crave the approval of others, so I did it to make her happy.  At some point during the last decade of practice I think it stuck, but it's still pretty situational.

Every time i see a picture of someone holding a baby turtle on imgur or something, i immediately think about that dream i had where i picked one up and accidentally squished it, and found out it was literally full of fresh, reeking dog shit. But at the same time theyre adorable. But disgusting. And not just baby turtles all the time, but when someone mentions turtle soup (cooking mushed turtle in its own shell) i still think of a turtle shell full of shit before anything else. Because of a dream. A dream that i know has no basis in reality. But my subconscious is convinced turtles are made of dog shit.

How the fuck does this happen!?

I  conflated blank rounds with ravioli at some point in my childhood and despite the impossibility of what I imagined, I got the idea that blanks were square. It was never tested and I learnt the truth before I dramatically embarrassed myself.  In my defence, I was 7 or 8 and my knowledge of firearms was pretty poor.  I suspect it happened because I was eating ravioli and meatballs when a news report about a bloke being killed with a blank was on the news.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 9084 9085 [9086] 9087 9088 ... 11040