Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9074 9075 [9076] 9077 9078 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14559814 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136125 on: July 30, 2018, 01:25:46 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:05:50 pm by dragdeler »
let

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #136126 on: July 30, 2018, 01:41:33 pm »

Unfortunately that is how the situation is seen abroad as well, or at least here in Sweden, and how it is reported in the media during the most recent Catalan referendum event. Most people here are completely unaware that Spain was in a nationalistic/fascistic dictatorship until what 30-40 years ago and that said dictator tried to destroy the other nations. They think of "Spanish" Spain as the Whole Of Spain and thus see the issue as "multicultural spain vs nationalists" and don't realise is a question of Castilian nationalism vs Catalan nationalism.

I think Franco was just one of the latest examples. If you look back in time you see things becoming heated every 50 years or so, for the last 500. 
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136127 on: July 30, 2018, 02:14:16 pm »

Unfortunately that is how the situation is seen abroad as well, or at least here in Sweden, and how it is reported in the media during the most recent Catalan referendum event. Most people here are completely unaware that Spain was in a nationalistic/fascistic dictatorship until what 30-40 years ago and that said dictator tried to destroy the other nations. They think of "Spanish" Spain as the Whole Of Spain and thus see the issue as "multicultural spain vs nationalists" and don't realise is a question of Castilian nationalism vs Catalan nationalism.

I think Franco was just one of the latest examples. If you look back in time you see things becoming heated every 50 years or so, for the last 500.

Jews are almost always hated by somebody throughout history tho
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136128 on: July 30, 2018, 02:16:04 pm »

Well of course! They're the chosen people! That's why everyone picks on them.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #136129 on: July 30, 2018, 02:36:31 pm »

The hell are you talking about? ???
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136130 on: July 30, 2018, 02:38:37 pm »

Those sneaky Jews, and how they infiltrate themselves into everything... Including discussions that don't involve them!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136131 on: July 30, 2018, 02:39:40 pm »

Those sneaky Jews, and how they infiltrate themselves into everything... Including discussions that don't involve them!
Muhahahaha, our plan is working
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #136132 on: July 30, 2018, 02:40:47 pm »

Well, I'm going to back away from this conversation slowly.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136133 on: July 30, 2018, 03:09:35 pm »

Well, I'm going to back away from this conversation slowly.

*holds back door open, motions frantically towards it while making shushing gestures*
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136134 on: July 30, 2018, 03:14:05 pm »

* Greiger coughs and changes the subject.

Just a fun question, do you guys have states in your country that people make fun of? Like, here in Brazil, we have a state called "Acre" which is waaaaaaaaaaay to the west, it's so far that we say evolution haven't reached them yet, and so, they still have dinosaurs.

You know how minor news articles will sometimes call people [location] man/woman?  Well I live in Florida and we have one of the best of them.  Florida Man america's greatest superhero.   Reddit link
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 03:19:35 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136135 on: July 30, 2018, 03:28:32 pm »

Florida Man, Florida Man,
Does whatever,
He can get his hands on then ramps your cat with with a tricycle.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #136136 on: July 30, 2018, 03:32:07 pm »

What prompted this tho?  It seems unrelated to the conversation everyone else was having.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #136137 on: July 30, 2018, 03:40:47 pm »

Yeah, it was about Iberian peoples and the perception by outsider that's they're just whining whenever the Castillians decide to get authoritarian and suddenly "a lot of people hated jews". A misunderstanding of what was being discussed, perhaps?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136138 on: July 30, 2018, 03:51:55 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:05:43 pm by dragdeler »
let

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136139 on: July 30, 2018, 04:14:53 pm »

And anyone who contradicted him, naturally.

And the noble Asturian wolf. Though wolves in Spain are making a comeback.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 9074 9075 [9076] 9077 9078 ... 11040